sleeping beauty vs cinderella castle

Of course it's Phillip! After all, DS does have that foam sword and shield with Prince Phillip sword and shield on the pricetag. :) Can't believe I forgot that.

I hope they were able to build their own place...but gosh, what a big expense when you're just starting out! :rotfl: Then again, they had Uncle Walt build it for them.

:upsidedow

I wonder if Prince Charming was really named Charming? And was that his first name or last? I mean, was his dad King Charming? Or did he just really look adorable when first born?

I think maybe I had too much coffee this morning? Or I'm avoiding housework, since flylady says I'm supposed to clean bathrooms this week...:rolleyes1:headache:

Eh, they are a Prince & Princess, I'm sure they had the money for it. :rotfl: And yes, it's really just Prince Charming, funny isn't it? And like Courtney said, Snow White's Prince is simply The Prince......LOL

PS, I would be avoiding bathroom duty too! lol

And to make things more interesting, the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle used to be called King Stephan's Banquet Hall. But, King Stephan is the father of Sleeping Beauty!

Really? That's just.....weird......lol

Better "The Prince" then being called "Beast" all the time! :rotfl:

I have to say from seeing the pictures I can't wait to see the Paris castle, it just looks AMAZING!!!

That's right, the Beast doesn't have a name either does he? Wow, they don't put much effort into those Princes do they? LOL

Yes, they did get their own castle. Philip's father built if for them in anticipation of Aurora's arrival. "A honeymoon cottage, really". Only 40 rooms and a dining hall.

(I just watched this part yesterday in Sleeping Beauty. ) princess:

So it would seem the King had it built in Anaheim and Walt built the park around it! :rotfl: But that is why it is smaller than the one in WDW. It was only meant to be a "starter" castle for the new couple. :thumbsup2

LOL That's right!!! I forgot about that!! I haven't watched it for a while now so my memory is rusty. lol

And to make things more interesting, the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle used to be called King Stephan's Banquet Hall. But, King Stephan is the father of Sleeping Beauty!

:laughing:

Out of all the parks, though. I have to give props to Sleeping Beauty castle in Paris, that's the most beautiful Disney castle out there. Plus it's got a fricking dragon audioanimatronic in it's basement.

Second place for me goes to Tokyo.

I'll have to see how I feel about HKDL's in a few weeks.

Can I borrow your traveling life for a couple months? I'm ridiculously jealous right now. :flower3:

Yes, they did get their own castle. Philip's father built if for them in anticipation of Aurora's arrival. "A honeymoon cottage, really". Only 40 rooms and a dining hall.

(I just watched this part yesterday in Sleeping Beauty. ) princess:

So it would seem the King had it built in Anaheim and Walt built the park around it! :rotfl: But that is why it is smaller than the one in WDW. It was only meant to be a "starter" castle for the new couple. :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

I prefer DL's version. Don't really like the big stage area in front of WDW's either.

Growing up in Ca..I always loved Sleeping Beauty's Castle..Going to WDW for the first time in 2005...we ate lunch at Cinderella's Castle..That was pretty impressive..but..Sleeping Beauty's Castle is still my favorite..just because I grew up with it..Maybe it looks so small because it is next to the Matterhorn..lol..We used to play the "be the first one to spot the Matterhorn" game...as a kid..when we would go to Disney..Now..that is impressive..!

LOL at the "starter castle"! :rotfl:

Someone posted here (and the Internet confirms ;) ) that Walt built Sleeping Beauty castle as smaller on purpose, as castles used to be intended to intimidate the peasants. So in that sense, I love the size of Sleeping Beauty's Castle! Since I'm not into character meals/getting my hair done/cheap, I've also never been "inside" Cinderella's Castle, while I've been up and around Sleeping Beauty's (and hopefully will get to do so again soon! :) ). So I do have some very fond memories of Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

But I personally think Cinderella's is prettier...the mosaics are just gorgeous.

I think each is perfect for its park!

Personally, choosing between DL and WDW, I'd pick Sleeping Beauty castle every time. That stage thing in front of Cindy's just bugs me for some reason.

Out of all the parks, though. I have to give props to Sleeping Beauty castle in Paris, that's the most beautiful Disney castle out there. Plus it's got a fricking dragon audioanimatronic in it's basement.
You know what? I agree. Sleeping Beauty castle in Paris actually looks a lot like the one in the movie, especially in regards to landscaping.

But both WDW and DL have very neat castles. I guess the construction of Cindy's castle is very literal, as it is gargantuan in the film.

... the first time I saw Cinderella's castle it was covered in Pepto-Bismol pink for the 25th! Ever since then if I think of WDW that is one of the first mental images that comes to mind.

Cinderella Castle's 25th Anniversary (1997) :lmao:

397px-25th_Celebration_Cinderella_Castle_1997.jpg

:laughing:

Can I borrow your traveling life for a couple months? I'm ridiculously jealous right now. :flower3:

:rotfl:

LOL...you have no idea how excited I am right now...:yay:

Just sing along "A dream is a wish your heart makes" If it's something you really want to do, you'll find a way to get there! :cheer2:

The stage is gone from in front of Cinderella's castle.....you can walk through it just fine.

They both are amazing and magical. Sleeping Beauty castle is the original so it it is so special to see...However we find Cinderella's castle in WDW absolutly beautiful, we have eaten in that castle as well..for Cinderella's Royal table character meal and the stained glass windows and the experience is just breath taking...

I really can't choose!
I like the grandeur and "wow" factor that Cinderella's Castle has, but Sleeping Beauty's castle in Disneyland is so classic and cute. I think my favorite castle might actually be Sleeping Beauty's castle in Disneyland Paris. It has the best of both castles combined!

Since I grew up with Sleeping Beauty's Castle, I prefer that one only because it's the original and of course the walk through that opened up last year just sets it off. When I went to WDW two years ago for the first time, I was a little taken back at the size and well, majesty of Cinderella's Castle. It is quite beautiful and just towers over the place. But like someone said, I had a hard time not seeing the Matterhorn on the right hand side. I kept looking for it.

I like them both, but prefer the original.

Now if we have to really pick a castle, I LOVE the one at Disneyland Paris. ;)

...Speaking of that, why are they named for the princESS? Didn't they just move into the castle that her husband's family already owned????

Okay so... In Disney's version, Cinderella was the daughter of a aristocrat. When her mom died, he re-married (enter the step-mother and the 2 step-sisters). I have always believed that Cinderella's castle is the castle that she lived in prior to going to the ball, losing her slipper, meeting Prince Charming, and living happily ever after. She would have lived in a castle prior to marriage as she was the daughter of an aristocrat and had servants, as known by the storyline.

As for Prince Charming not having a name, in the Grimm Brothers' version of Cinderella, Cinderella is the only character that actually as a name at all.

LOL at the "starter castle"! :rotfl:
Someone posted here (and the Internet confirms ;) ) that Walt built Sleeping Beauty castle as smaller on purpose, as castles used to be intended to intimidate the peasants....
When DL was built, the Matterhorn was meant to be the focal point of the park, NOT the castle. The Matterhorn is much larger for this reason. Also, Main Street is designed using forced perspective with the sole intent of making the castle seem farther away in our mind's eye - and therefore seem larger than it really is to our brain. If the castle itself were larger, this would not work.

I personally thought Cinderella's Castle at WDW was just HUGE - but I suppose that's also because I am so used to (and in love with) Sleeping Beauty's castle at DL.

- Dreams

I've heard this point about the Matterhorn being intended as the focal point of Disneyland before, but I don't understand why. Disneyland opened in 1955 and the Matterhorn came along in 1959, so it could not have been the focal point of the park on opening day. Likewise, all the park focus on the TV shows called Fantasyland the heart of Disneyland and referred to the castle as the entrance to Fantasyland.

Now, as for the castles, I love the grandeur and majesty of Cinderella Castle. I love the charm and intimacy of Sleeping Beauty Castle. For sentimental reasons, I prefer Sleeping Beauty Castle and I believe that many of my sentimental reasons come from the fact that Disneyland is "home." I'm not one to extol the virtues of one at the expense of the other. I enjoy them both. However, be careful should you wish to insult Sleeping Beauty Castle. ;) Preferences I understand, but insults are another matter. pirate:

That's right, the Beast doesn't have a name either does he? Wow, they don't put much effort into those Princes do they? LOL

Actually, to wave my Disney!Dork flag about, his name is Adam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter