• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY 3/10 poll - Vacation(s) 2023

Vacation(s) 2023

• My vacation is this month (March)

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • My vacation is next month (April)

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • My vacation is in May

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • My vacation is in the summer (please post which month)

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • My vacation is in the fall (please post which month)

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • My vacation is in the winter (please post which month)

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I already took my 2023 vacation (please post which month)

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • I will not be taking a vacation this year

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t take vacations any year

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
Only trip currently booked is in June to Williamsburg. Could be a couple small trips depending on if my kid makes the travel squad for football and if the graduating senior finds a job in another state.

I guess it depends on what you consider a vacation. My sister, BIL, and I spent a few days at WDW in January to visit the Festival of the Arts, so that would count. They live near the beach, so while I am out of work, my trips out of town are primarily to visit them. Not sure if those trips count but since they live a couple hours away, in a touristy area, it feels like a vacation. Once I am working again, I plan to spend a lot of weekends at WDW making up for time I have missed.

Right now the only trip I have planned for 2023 is a trip to WDW in April for 7 nights. I'm sure we will do some long weekends in the RV but nothing planned right now.

I'm sort of in an in between stage right now of semi-retired but won't draw SS for another 7 months. After that, I'll probably have at least 2 trips to WDW a year again (please WDW re-open APs to out of state people, I had to let my last one expire) and possibly one or two 4 day weekend trips to places like Biltmore, Jekyll Island or the beach somewhere as well.

I've kind of grounded myself from travel for a bit, in hopes that it will help me focus on an unpleasant but necessary task I've been putting off for too long. DD14's schedule is next to impossible anyway - I thought spring break was safe for planning a trip, but no, she has conflicts then too - so I've got nothing until my solo road trip in May and annual county fair camping trip in July. And I'm fairly determined not to plan/book anything else until I get my day-to-day back in order, but I'm not ruling out a winter trip because this year's living through a whole Michigan winter without escaping somewhere warm is not an experience I want to repeat.

It's a lean year (dang if everything, even car and homeowners didn't go up significantly) so our only trip is Disney in November. Honestly, if it wasn't already paid for we probably would skip it, too.

Several, like usual.

- Did 1.5 weeks at WDW for Dopey in January already.
- WDW/Universal for a week in April for Springtime
- 6 day Caribbean Cruise in July
- 10 days in Germany/Switzerland in September

Those are the big ones. Then a bunch of smaller 3-4 day long weekend trips to various places, amusement parks, cities, hiking trips. At least one a month.

We took a vacation in February 2023 - Spent a couple of days in New Orleans and then hopped on a cruise to the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize & Roatan).

Going to Hawaii for two weeks in the fall - combination of a land/cruise vacation.

May be going to England toward the end of the year, but right now that's in the talking stages.

We have a med cruise we were supposed to go on in 2020 that was cancelled a few times and then we were not ready to travel very far last year so hopefully will finally get to go on it in July barring anything unexpected. We are coming in a few days before and staying a little after.

Went to Vegas for a long weekend in January to see Adele.
Going on an Alaskan Cruise the end of May with a few days in Seattle.
DH turns 50 in November and wants to go to an all-inclusive somewhere, so we need to book that.

We will probably do a weekend at Niagara on the Lake sometime, we used to go every year but haven't been since before covid. I am also trying to work in a WDW weekend either during the Flower & Garden or Food & Wine festival. We got a new puppy a month ago so that is limiting on what we can do!

Still not comfortable with the covid risk involved with flying. We plan to do a road trip in April, California to Sedona, the Grand Canyon, London Bridge, Roswell and Amarillo. My wife is an Air Force Brat and lived in Amarillo for a few years and wants to see if she can find her old stomping grounds. That will be an adventure since she was 9 when she left 56 years ago!

Vacation or trips? I have 7 weeks of vacation time to use up the year starting April 1st. I'm taking lots of vacation dates.
Besides our cottage undecided what we are doing this year.

Two trips booked this year, both with family (which isn't really our norm, but it's just how it worked out for 2023)

In June we are going to Jekyll Island, GA with DH's side of the family and in July we are taking a Carnival cruise with my side of the family.

My DD is 12 so we keep to a school schedule for traveling - would love to do a long weekend getaway in October over her fall break but depends on finances - we have a big year of house projects going on as well.

On vacation right now, from March 4 - 13. We are enjoying the Gatlinburg area and the beautiful Smoky Mountains. Weather has been wonderful.

Have a couple more vacations planned. A solo trip for me in May to Mackinac Island, and a trip to Duluth, Minnesota in September with DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter