• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY 3/10 poll - Vacation(s) 2023

Vacation(s) 2023

• My vacation is this month (March)

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • My vacation is next month (April)

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • My vacation is in May

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • My vacation is in the summer (please post which month)

Votes: 52 45.6%
  • My vacation is in the fall (please post which month)

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • My vacation is in the winter (please post which month)

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I already took my 2023 vacation (please post which month)

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • I will not be taking a vacation this year

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t take vacations any year

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
We are recently retired. We've decided to drive and take an exploratory trip around Florida from Apr 11 to May 12. We already know we love Orlando, we're seeing which other areas we may also want to spend time in. (We do plan to spend May 4-6 in Orlando on this trip 'cuz I just can't NOT do it.). Very excited that our DS26 will be flying down to join us for the Fort Lauderdale/Miami/Keys portion of our trip. Then, in June we're vacationing for a week in South Dakota with DS24 who is a train fanatic and wants to see the Black Hills RR.

June. Going "downashore" to Wildwood, New Jersey for four days. I haven't stayed in a Wildwood motel in years, really looking forward to it, and to being with my Godson on the boardwalk. Not the beach, though. I hate the beach.

We are renting a cottage by the beach for the last week of July and the first week of August. DH may go to Kansas to visit his dad and then on to San Francisco to visit a friend in June, but I can't go with him. Maybe I'll sneak in a trip to Disney in November.

I have one trip booked. My first trip to London is in September. Going to be gone for 2 weeks with 3 friends. My poor husband doesn’t know what to do.

My son will be leaving the first of may for a seasonal job. We will probably go with him to get him settled but I don’t call that a vacation. We may go visit once in the summer but that’s not on the calendar yet.

There is a bus trip to DC I would like to take with my husband, but we will have to see.

Our main trip is in December - we have a cruise on the Disney Wish and then 2.5 weeks at Disneyworld. We like to leave our holidays until the end of the year - it's nice to go to the sun when the weather is rubbish here. We also have a city break to New York in October - never been before so mega excited for that!

DW and I just returned from 10 days in Florida. No Disney, however.

We’re going to Poland and Denmark in June and we’re thinking about Italy in September.

Maybe a week in OCMD in July or August.

I have a two week trip to Spain at the end of April/beginning of May. We'll be staying in Madrid, Granada, and Cordoba and doing day trips to Toledo, Segovia, and Avila. I can't wait!

We'll have another week long trip sometime in the fall, we haven't decided on where yet.
Did you do these on your own or did you use a tour/Viator/guide?

Did you do these on your own or did you use a tour/Viator/guide?
We did a bus tour through Viator for the Segovia/Avila trip and a guided tour for the Alhambra (I think this one, we've done this tour twice now and have been very happy with it). The rest was on our own. We didn't end up getting to Toledo, as all of the trains were fully booked the day we wanted to go.

I will say I enjoyed Madrid a lot more this time around. Our hotel was down near the Atocha train station, close to Retiro Park, and it was so much less touristy than when we stayed up near the Teatro Real (I'm not a huge fan of all the knock-off inflatable costumed characters you find all over Plaza Mayor and in front of the palace).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter