slo’s TUESDAY 12/5 poll - Oven Mitts vs Pot Holders

Oven Mitts vs Pot Holders - What do you use? (m.c.)

• Oven Mitts Only

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Pot Holders Only

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Both - Oven mitts more than pot holders

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • Both - pot holders more than oven mitts

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Something else - please post what

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I use cloth items

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I use silicone items

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I use both cloth and silicone

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • I use none of the above - I don’t use the oven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
After years of just usi *a dish towel I recently bought a set of oven mits that have silicone on the hands. The set also came with pot holders and a full silicone glove. I’ve only used the oven mit.

I have nothing but use pot holders more since they are on top and a quick grab and go. I have all cloth except 1 silicone but I don't like the silicone. Never use it and actually left it at my DD's apartment for her.

I used to use both but had mixed results. No I only buy the potholders from Williams-Sonoma. Fairly inexpensive, sturdy, and they have a good hand-feel to them.

I use these:

1701789270736.png

most often - kind of half oven mitts??? I don't love the bigger thumb style, but I do have a few regular pot holders (which I mostly use to set hot dishes on).

I use both, not sure which I use more. Cloth only. I have them hanging on hooks and grab whichever one I think is best in the moment, depending on the size and style of the pan I’m touching/lifting. Sometimes one of each. ;)

I prefer pot holders. I have several in varying thicknesses that enable me to use more than one if necessary. I have oven mitts, but usually use those to set the casserole dish on since they are a double layer and protect the countertop/table better.

I have probably used all of the above over the years, including towels, and ones made from
cloth and silicone. I can have trouble with gloves/mitts fitting me properly due to long fingers and wide palms. Lately I’d say the short oven mitts (cloth with a rubber type layer on the grabbing side) and towels are what I am most likely to go for.

Inside, I use both at the same time. I use BBQ gloves for their reach and how they protect my hand and arm so that if I accidently touch the side of the oven or something, I don't get burned. But they're not so good at gripping roasting pans. So I use a pair of pot holders too.

They are all generically "hot pads" at my house and I use whatever is handy.

I have all of them but I do like the shortie gloves someone above posted with the silicone inserts best. I have burned myself too many times trying to use a dish towel. Those people are risking their fingers, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter