#smasthehalf announcement 2/25

I love how one of the comments is "Harry Potter!"

They're probably the same people that go to McDonald's and order a Whopper :confused3

Rumor is it's Star Wars...word at Tink said it would be MLK weekend at DL, word at Princess said May at WDW. Take your rumor pick :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Rumor is it's Star Wars...word at Tink said it would be MLK weekend at DL, word at Princess said May at WDW. Take your rumor pick :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think there will be a Star Wars race, but this particular announcement isn't it.

The wall looks like Wreck It Ralph, as does the smash reference. I saw that tweet and thought it was just more chalk art Disney has been doing at DTD. Never saw the tweet with the tagline. May at WDW has Everest Challenge.

The wall looks like Wreck It Ralph, as does the smash reference. I saw that tweet and thought it was just more chalk art Disney has been doing at DTD. Never saw the tweet with the tagline. May at WDW has Everest Challenge.

Is Wreck It Ralph big enough to have a race based on it? I heard Everest may be going away :(. I hope not since I have a goal to do all the races someday and I wouldn't be able to get to Everest anytime soon. I had heard an Avengers rumor as well - could the wall be connected to that in any way? Sorry, I am not up on my superheroes :-)

Hasn't there been a rumor for a few years that Everest Challenge is going away?
It would seem if it does, May would be a time to have a Star Wars race to go hand in hand with Star Wars weekends.

I have zero insider information, this is just based on rumors I've heard for a few years.

Personally, it seems Everest is popular - I'm guessing because it is a 5K and good for a wider group of people. But, I think a Star Wars 5k or 10k would be an even bigger draw.

Is Wreck It Ralph big enough to have a race based on it? I heard Everest may be going away :(. I hope not since I have a goal to do all the races someday and I wouldn't be able to get to Everest anytime soon. I had heard an Avengers rumor as well - could the wall be connected to that in any way? Sorry, I am not up on my superheroes :-)

The Hulk maybe? I'm going with SuperHeroes on this one, and probably at Disneyland.

I don't think Wreck-It-Ralph is big enough to carry a race all by itself either.

Funny, I was watching the artist do that drawing yesterday and didn't think a thing of it.

As I mentioned, I didn't think much of the chalk art either. True on Wreck It Ralph not being big enough. Someone mentioned on Twitter, something about China. Great wall of China and the colors in the runners shorts.

We were told at Tink that Avengers and Star Wars races were happening. Its just a matter of what coast gets what race. We were also told that Star Wars would have a full. Who knows what Run Disney Really has up their sleeves.

I personally think that they need more some races that have themes leaning more towards men to off set Princess and Tinker Bell.

Guys choices for coast to coast in cali are only the DL half and Tink. We ran Tink for part of coast to coast but I am not a huge fan of Tink so I would have like another themed race besides that one and DL half doesn't work with our schedules.

Courtney

The optimist in me says "Smash the half" is Avengers themed, a la Hulk smash!

The cynic in me says that "smash the half" is going to be "Smash the barriers that keep women from achieving blah blah blah." runDisney wants to make money, and women-themed races (and the associated merchandise) sell very, very, very well. I suppose they could do one that seems overtly guy-themed, but I'm not optimistic.

The optimist in me says "Smash the half" is Avengers themed, a la Hulk smash!

The cynic in me says that "smash the half" is going to be "Smash the barriers that keep women from achieving blah blah blah." runDisney wants to make money, and women-themed races (and the associated merchandise) sell very, very, very well. I suppose they could do one that seems overtly guy-themed, but I'm not optimistic.

Totally not about your post, but I saw your yearly mileage and just about had a heart attack until I noticed it was for 2013.

As someone new to running, I really don't care about the theme as much as the distance. I'd love for there to be 1/2 or full marathons for seasoned runners, and then 10ks for us newer to the sport.

But I realize you can't please everyone.

The Hulk maybe? I'm going with SuperHeroes on this one, and probably at Disneyland.

I don't think Wreck-It-Ralph is big enough to carry a race all by itself either.

Funny, I was watching the artist do that drawing yesterday and didn't think a thing of it.

I'm going with this theory. Hulk smashing through the wall comes to mind. Im guessing this is the Avengers race we heard rumors about. Though I love Wreck It Ralph, its not big enough to carry a race, especially a half, by itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter