#smasthehalf announcement 2/25

Put my money down on a Marvel Superheroes race in DL.

#SMASH with a person breaking through a wall is just too obvious not to be related to Marvel/Hulk/Superheroes. :)

Then again, Disney has disappointed and misdirected in the past with hype-related announcements....... :scratchin

Someone posted a link on the SmashtheHalf Facebook event page that said this would be a Star Wars 10K and Half in May 2015. More speculation to add to things.

Ok where have you seen an announcement for early registration ? What about that brain eating bacteria? They had a danskin tri at DCA once. Used the water that's now used for world of color for it. So...Epcot?

I have also seen the announcement for early registration. Not sure where but it's on my calendar to sign up tomorrow!

Posted on RD's FB page:

"#smashthehalf Announcement
Tuesday, February 25 at 8:35am in PST"

I'm pretty sure that means it's something for Cali. If it was something for Florida, they wouldn't care as much if people on the West Coast are awake for it. :)

Is there some special site for this announcement, or will it just appear on the Facebook page or twitter at 11:35 EST?

Would have been nice if they could have announced this before the Disneyland Half registration. No way I can go to Cali twice in one year. Would like to have run the first one though.

Meh.

It's nice that it's at Disneyland, but I'm not really all that into Avengers (I had to even look up who the characters are). I also don't like that it's so close to Wine and Dine...not sure I can travel that much in such a short time period...and it's not even close enough to Thanksgiving to make it one long trip for that (I have family in So. Cal, so if it was closer to Thanksgiving I might have been able to make that work.)

I was really hoping it would be an announcement for a race at Disneyland Paris though.

very cool! i'm jealous of the west coasters! i'm going to stick to WDW races (too far to travel for just a half, imo) but i'll definitely be looking forward to seeing pictures of all the great costumes!

good luck to all who sign up! i bet it will sell out quickly!

Good news with this is that it will probably only be a matter of time before WDW gets a Star Wars themed weekend. Avengers on the west coast and Star Wars on the east coast would make a good pairing. Throw in a special coast to coast medal for just those two. That's a ton of money for RunDisney to leave on the table.

It works perfect for me. I travel to WDW Florida in November, when I go. We are in the UK so there is no way I could attempt to get a Coast to Coast unless 2 events were close together. It would cost way too much. Unfortunately, we are not going until 2015 so I am hoping and praying that the Avengers and the Wine & Dine are still around by then.

Good news with this is that it will probably only be a matter of time before WDW gets a Star Wars themed weekend. Avengers on the west coast and Star Wars on the east coast would make a good pairing. Throw in a special coast to coast medal for just those two. That's a ton of money for RunDisney to leave on the table.

I still think they'll do the Star Wars themed one in May, in conjunction with the Star Wars weekends.

If people's assumptions are correct, they'll have to cancel or suspend the Everest Challenge during the major AvatarLand construction. A Star Wars race would/could be the May replacement.

Right now, they could do a Wine and Dine/Avengers coast to coast medal.

Oh, very excited for DL. They needed another one. Poor planning it seems with Big Sur, but time will tell.

I'm in! I'm not able to do DDD in Sept, so I'm happy to get my fill that way. plus ~ double C2C this year. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter