So, how many of you have used your Disney Time Share Points for ABD?

We have been a long-time existing DVC member and was on their mailing list for a special meeting held at Disneyland Hotel (we live in LA, an hour away). The more points you added, the sweeter the deal. We added 500 pts to get all those perks. It was a special one-time offer (so they say). Once you're a member, they send different promos all the time.

Wow, I have been a member since Dec 2007, and don't get any promos. Just the usual stuff that is out there for everyone, and only then when I call my guide and inquire because I have read about them here on the boards.

I agree. We have been DVC members since 1997 and we have noticed over the years that we do not receive many of the special offer notifications. We called our DVC rep last week and asked her why this is happening. She did not have any idea especially since they had our correct home address and email address in their system. If anyone has a clue why some of us are missing out on these special DVC annoucements or promotions, please let us know. Thank you!

During the S.S. Members Cruises each year (DVC Members only cruise) they also have VERY nice freebies, depending on your add-on amount, if you buy them while sailing on that cruise.:thumbsup2

I don't know why they would have left anyone out specifically. This event was at the Paradise Pier Hotel, so maybe they were targeting people they thought would go. We are in California, so it wasn't that far of a trip for us to go to it. Our guide also knew we were very interested in purchasing in CA. We have been memebers since 1998 and did an add on in I think 2002, but told our guide we would not be adding on again until they opened in CA which has been a rumor since opening day of the Grand CA hotel.

I don't know why they would have left anyone out specifically. This event was at the Paradise Pier Hotel, so maybe they were targeting people they thought would go. We are in California, so it wasn't that far of a trip for us to go to it. Our guide also knew we were very interested in purchasing in CA. We have been memebers since 1998 and did an add on in I think 2002, but told our guide we would not be adding on again until they opened in CA which has been a rumor since opening day of the Grand CA hotel.

You are correct. It has to do with location. Since the offer was only good if you were at the Paradise Pier Hotel on specific dates, they only sent out materials to people who were in what DVC considers driving distance. We live in Illinois. So we receive promotional materials all the time for Doorway to Dreams in Schaumburg, IL. They did have a couple of great offers for both AKV and BLT. But you had to physically be there to take part in the offers. We sailed on the Wonder a couple weeks ago and they had a fabulous offer on the cruise. They stated that it was only for that particular cruise, but who really knows. I couldn't believe that the deal allowed up to $23 off SSR plus either a cruise or an ABD trip. The deals for the other resorts were pretty good too. I think it was a total of $18 off at AKV and $15 at BLT. Sure was tempting. Our goal of having 1,000 points is only 200 away. But we just added on in the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter