So lemme get this straight...

I really hope I haven’t come across as toxic. If I did, I’m really sorry. I’m excited about our upcoming trip to the point that I’ve been a little obsessive in following this board lately lol...
Not to worry! You're quite the opposite of toxic! It's been clear how hard you've been trying to stay reasonable and to see both sides of the picture. (Good for you!) You can be a great example of how not to let negativity swamp your trip. Your excitement about your trip comes through in your posts. I really hope that you and your family have a magical time at DLR! (And, please, come back to post a trip report about how everything went!)

I'm an east coaster who seldom goes to Disneyland. I just happen to be going to the west coast mid-february and decided to do a day at Disneyland.
My sister who has never been there is going to be with me. I figure we'll just make the best of it which knowing us will still be a fun time. I'm currently figuring out where we may want to eat the day we will be there.

I figure next week I'll take a look at the refurbishment schedule to be prepared for what's down. Hopefully I get a chance to go back and see Disneyland when more is up and running in a couple of years.

.... Also, Fantasmic is going under refurb until "Spring 2019"...

Good news for the OP of this thread - Fantasmic will be up during your visit for Spring Break 2019 as it's back on the calendar as of March 8th! So that should ease the concern somewhat.

I think there’s constructive criticism... and then there’s just plain toxic negativity. There is a huge, huge difference in tone between the two. I often wonder why some people even bother to go to Disneyland when it seems to upset them more than bring them joy!

Are there things Disney could do better? Sure. And it can be nice to have a place to discuss those things. But lots of people would disagree about which things those are, and how they should be prioritized. And a lot of people get very focused on their personal situation and lose sight of the bigger picture of park operations.

I’m a “local” who is pretty passionate about helping DL tourists. In addition to the time I spend on these boards answering questions and trying to help people have the most magical time possible, I spend a lot of time at the parks trying to help people out, too. I’m the person in the security line showing all the people around me how the app works, lol. My daughter brings $1 coloring book “fun packs” and gives them out to kids waiting for parades.

I’m also making a “once in a lifetime” trip to DL Paris this April, and it looks like Phantom Manor will still be down even though it was supposed to be back up as of when we booked that trip. Am I bummed? Sure! Are we going to let it ruin our trip? Nah. But I’m not unable to sympathize with tourists just because I’m local to DL.

Anyway, I get frustrated by posters who are a constant source of negativity, but I mostly feel for the people who are in the parks with them! Going to DL with a chip on your shoulder doesn’t make for the most fun day.

Oh gosh, I hope I haven't come across as toxic. This post was kind of a wake-up call and I never want to give the impression that I am a negative Nancy or ungrateful that I get to go to my favorite place in the world with my best friend. I was just a little frustrated that even though we did a ton of research looking at past years of refurbs we still are missing out on some favorites. I purposely planned to come before SW, but didn't account for all the extra refurbs to prep for that. We are used to WDW where we know these things in advance so its rough to find out after flights are booked. :)

As I've said though in other threads, my BFF and I are still STOKED to go! We are finding other things to get excited about - instead of finally getting our pic by the castle, we can get our pic with the Maleficent behind the castle! Instead of WOC, more nights to ride Guardians in the dark over and over. Instead of Space, we will do Buzz (never got there last trip). I'm also super excited for you guys who are getting F! back in your trip! We are missing it by 2 days, but hey, Thunder at night is the greatest thing ever anyway!

Oh gosh, I hope I haven't come across as toxic. This post was kind of a wake-up call and I never want to give the impression that I am a negative Nancy or ungrateful that I get to go to my favorite place in the world with my best friend... As I've said though in other threads, my BFF and I are still STOKED to go! We are finding other things to get excited about..
No worries! No toxicity for you! :) Being disappointed is understandable -- finding new things to get excited about is great! I think lots of us are really looking forward to the Maleficent scrim. (We should figure out a secret handshake or something because most of us will be the ones standing in line to get photos there!) BTMRR at night IS the best -- you have to time your ride for when fireworks are going! Do a search for the BLAB thread here on WonkaKid's tips on how to score a bazillion points. :) This is THE trip to get your name on the board! And think of all the fun things you'll get to try at the Food & Wine Festival... yum! And, just keep making your mental list of all the things you'll have to try/ride/do again on your next trip.

No worries! No toxicity for you! :) Being disappointed is understandable -- finding new things to get excited about is great! I think lots of us are really looking forward to the Maleficent scrim. (We should figure out a secret handshake or something because most of us will be the ones standing in line to get photos there!) BTMRR at night IS the best -- you have to time your ride for when fireworks are going! Do a search for the BLAB thread here on WonkaKid's tips on how to score a bazillion points. :) This is THE trip to get your name on the board! And think of all the fun things you'll get to try at the Food & Wine Festival... yum! And, just keep making your mental list of all the things you'll have to try/ride/do again on your next trip.

Secret handshake would be hilarious! Or we could all caw like Diablo? Just kidding, I am quite sure my friend would disown me if I started cawing :rotfl:I need someone to post a pic so I can get more excited!

Thunder with fireworks is absolutely the best! We caught it by accident on our last trip and then made it a mission to ALWAYS make it happen! Yes, very excited for Food & Wine as well - one month from today we will on a plane getting ready for an awesome trip! WOOHOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter