Something About Nothing ... #12

168835-Minion-Goodbye-April-Hello-May.jpg

Sate travels Mac and Mr. Mac. Hope you both have a nice time, and great road trip.

Schumi, hey, you can say you are leaving next week. Awesome. Yes, I am not crafty either. I can sew a hem or two, but I am lucky I have a family member who's an expert seamstress.

Ah yes, may 1, and it's a Wednesday. Since Keisha and Sue are having fun today, the camel is here to say, yo, hump day, Friday is coming soon.

9208096b75d0cddc8297e0592a7d3b41_original.jpg

And a hehe for MonyK:

slide_1.jpg

Prayers and good thoughts to you Real. I am glad you had some sleep, and all are having time to be together. Hugs.:hug:

With that, tea is needed. With the blocked parking spaces, good I am an early riser. Not really a quick commute, and noisy one. Seems the road work left lots of small rocks, so annoying. It's that time of year, road work is in earnest. And yes, weather lady said, we have a high chance of rain later today. Sigh, isn't it May? All the rain from April, gone? Nope, later day rain today, tomorrow and into Friday. And ack, cool start today. High is 50. Come on warm air, we'd like to see ya again, minus the wet.

With all that talk of food, yep, it's:
befunky-design1.jpg

So have a sweet Wednesday. And for some, have a whopper. I tend to eat mine without the bun. I am not fond of hamburger or hotdog buns.

Okay, time for tea. Not iced today. Inside not exactly cool, but with the AC coming today, the heavier sweater was brought in, I am ready!

:wave2:

:coffee:

Good morning. I don’t know what happened, but I am actually up and ready to go 30 minutes before I need to leave the house.

Real - Glad you were able to get some sleep. I have a few friends who are doing Keto, but I don’t think I could. I am trying to cut back on carbs and sugar though.

Add me to the list of non crafty people. I can sew on a button, or stitch a patch on a Girl Scout vest, but am useless with hems or anything else. I used to do cross stitch, but haven’t stitched anything in ages.

Lynne - When is prom? We are now counting the days until graduation. I want to do cap and gown pictures, but am waiting until B has all of her accessories. She already has her honor cord, but we are waiting for the NHS stole. She was only .06 away from being considered a high honor graduate. Her school doesn’t recognize valedictorian anymore which I think is stupid, but I won’t go there right now.

Almost time to head out to work.

Charade, prom is May 30. We start later, after Labor Day, so graduation is in June. They did cap and gown pictures at the beginning of the school year. Which is nice, as all gave out to family at Christmas. That is silly, we do recognize the valedictorian.

Happy Wednesday all!!

Mac is on the road!:cheer2:

Real- Sending prayers and hugs your way:hug:!

Schumi- LOL - Food is a mine field!:laughing: So true!! Sounds like a yummy breakfast!

Lynne- always great camel pics! and ooh-- Chocolate parfait day??? Yum!!!:thumbsup2

Charade- Have a great day at work!!:)

Drizzle and cool here! Yuk! Damp, chilly rain is so depressing! :( It would be a perfect day for a long nap!

Time for more coffee!

266000-Happy-Wednesday-Be-Happy-.jpg

Last edited:
Hi homies!

Finally made it to Vicksburg Ms and thrilled to be out of the car
I’m not good with long car rides of 6.5 hours

All I can think of right now is having to do the drive back home

I live in eastern time zone
I’m about 20 miles away from the central time zone
So factoring that, it was 6.5 hour drive

Add another hour to it when we do the return drive home

I’m more of a plane traveler

My next trips will be using the airport

Hot and muggy in Mississippi
but excited for the tour in the morning

This evening is a rececption event as most will be here about 5:00
Party ends at 8:00

Then it is up at 7:00 am in the morning

Not sure when I will be back on as can get WiFi at the Hilton hotel but doubt I can connect while on the battlefields
Tour bus will have WiFi but lectures are on going with a video while we travel site to site

Hope all enjoy May 1st
May Day yea!

Growing up our grade schools always had a May Day event during part of the day

Don’t hear of that happening now a day

Glad you arrived safe and sound Mac.......have a blast!

Went out for drinks with friends tonight......just a couple in a little pub into the countryside, beautiful little place......was glad they had their huge fire lit tonight......it got cold!

Back home and ready for bed..........

Cannot wait for hair appointment tomorrow.......even one the men mentioned tonight my hair was “longer”......lol......he didn’t quite know how to say kindly my hair was untidy.......lol....his wife gave him a right old nudge.......I just laughed....he was right!

Hope all are good.........

:cheer2: Enjoy your trip!!

Went out for drinks with friends tonight......just a couple in a little pub into the countryside, beautiful little place......was glad they had their huge fire lit tonight......it got cold!

Sounds nice! Love a crackling fire!:goodvibes Enjoy your salon appointment!

Starting to rain now- quiet night as Joe is working late and Troy is still at school. Warmed some leftovers, cuddling with my computer and watching some tv! :thumbsup2

Starting to rain now- quiet night as Joe is working late and Troy is still at school. Warmed some leftovers, cuddling with my computer and watching some tv! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a nice way to spend an evening. I am doing last minute house cleaning. Dh is inviting his students over for dinner tomorrow.

Mac - Hope you are having a good time.

Hey all!
Watching the Cardinals, waiting for Blues to start-doubt I'll watch the whole hockey game as I am beat.
Bad bad weather last night, lots of storms and tornadoes. Had 1/2 day work yesterday, closer to DD college so went to visit, take her to eat and start packing up her room. Tried to time it to be between storms but was very hairy for about an hour on way home-DD is studying geology but loves meteoerology and called when she saw I was going to hit the storms, pretty much stayed on the phone (hands free-no worries) through the worst part. Glad she did as warnings kept going off on phone, radio fading in/out and no way was I taking eyes or hands off to check what phone texts were saying. Instead she'd check for me, and let me know what was ahead or behind. With this wonky spring weather allergies have been a downfall-came home monday and straight to shower and heavy duty sinus meds and PJ's. Was supposed to go out to learn to throw axes for club social, sad to have missed it.
Lynne hope you are doing better-allergies or cold?
Watching hockey playoffs- yay for Monyk! The St Louis Blues are winning!
So far! but in Dallas tonight...

then we leave Tuesday........wooohooo..........
Wow that came fast??! YAY!

Amazing care but things are touch and go.
Nice that family has been there for you, hugs and healing sent your way
Endgame and felt that it ended as well as expected but there were some plot holes that were inconsistent....and Thoro_O
Yeah DD and I were talking about that yesterday-couple major glaring holes but enjoyed the movie (oh Thor...)

Himalayan Pink Salt
I have it in a grinder and also a packet that is chilean spiced-delish! Used it on the shrimp and beans I made tonite (simple sauted shrimp with garlic and scallion,add white beans then simmered in butter, wine and lemon sauce)

And a hehe for MonyK:
I actually LOL'd!

Yay!! Enjoy the tour!!

Charade when I get up early enough to be ready and relax before work it seems to make me more tired for the day? I must just do better being stressed in am lol
Yay to Tink for July vacay!
Hi Patty! Just noticed the cruise trip report! 33 days to ours, but only 29 days to Universal!
And finally bought the plane tix for way down-Frontier has a BOGO for Discount den members-Thought it would be just one flight free but nope-since all booked under my discount number 2 were free! so now can go down on day we want, added 3 bags, and still 1/2 of what I'd budgeted for. Very pleased about that. Trying to save the miles for next year. Frontier for us, out of STL, has been fine-little over 2 1/2 hour flight time. Really would like to get our tix for September too on this sale but leary as don't know the kids school schedule for sure yet.

and *yawn, likely early bed for me...

Dh is inviting his students over for dinner tomorrow.

Nice for you to host the students! I'm sure they are very happy for the invitation!:)

So far! but in Dallas tonight

I'm watching and rooting for the Blues!! :cheer2: We watched the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Islanders!! :cool1: The Hurricanes are our second favorite team after our home team!

33 days to ours, but only 29 days to Universal!

Getting so close!!! :thumbsup2

Hope your allergies ease up!!:)

Time for some wine and bed soon!

Good night all!!

good-night-84.gif

Good Evening all from Universal. I’ve been trying to keep up with you all! A busy lot to be sure.

RFF I’m so sorry, it’s a tough time but glad Family is around.

Mac safe travels.

Schumi I can relate to window cleaning! So frustrating when you think you’ve done a good job then come in and see streaks.

Monykalyn I’ve been suffering from allergies too. Got Flonase spray, seems to help more than the pills I was taking.

Lynne feel better

It’s our 3rd day here. Our arrival day we went to IOA..
yesterday headed to Volcano Bay and rented premium seating. We were at Volcano Bay till 4:30 so guess premium seating was nice to have, esp the lock box. Very handy not to have to run back and Forth to locker. But no AP discount, apparently it ended a few weeks ago. I don’t think I’ll bother with the Premium Seating again, usually we are done at water park by 2:00 and don’t spend much time at our seats. Also I thought shade wasn’t adequate. Had to put towel over legs. Then headed to the Studios last night and got a few rides done. Rip Rocket (we didn’t remember it being so rough). Mummy, Jimmy Fallon.

Today we headed back to The Studios. Lunch at Leaky Caldron where we had a short but fun meet up with Robo and grand daughter! We headed back to RPH at 4:00 and I was ready for some pool time! But rain came literally 5 min after we came back! Stayed in and had dinner at Jakes.

Tomorrow weather deteriorates starting at 11:00. Yuck. Hope it doesn’t last long.

Howdy Sans family :wave2:

Robo…..have a lovely trip,and enjoy your day tomorrow with family...…

Thanks Schumi had a nice meal with family.
Enjoying vacation with granddaughter

Robbie enjoy the kiddos. Don’t run ‘them’ too hard lol

LOL......I wish, but it’s other way round.

Hope you and your Mr are enjoying yourselves on vacation.

Robo ~ have a great trip!

Thank you we are having a great time.

Realfoodfans sending good thoughts and prayers your way :hug:

Mac you and your Mr enjoy your vacation.

Sue it was it was nice meeting you too.

Granddaughter and I went into Universal Studios for a short time today then off to Outlet a Mall.

Had a great dinner at Ocean Prime this evening. Thank you Schumi for the great idea.

ED584611-A63A-4AE6-9925-7DFAA3743771.jpeg

We enjoyed everything and the berries and bubbles drink was a hit.

Night Sans family.

Patty.....love a cosy night in when it’s raining.......add a glass of wine and it’s almost perfect!!

MonyK.......your trip is so close too!!! It does come around doesn’t it..... Hope you slept well.......

Sue......glad to hear you’re having a good time......hope weather isn’t too bad next few days for you.......we had a lot of rain last May......didn’t get any night time pool time at all because of it......yes, inside window cleaning is my least favourite household task......well......one of them......lol......enjoy the rest of your time there......

Robo......so glad you enjoyed Ocean Prime!! It is an amazing restaurant.......and berries and bubbles.....well.....it’s quite the cocktail........enjoy the rest of your stay........

Hair appointment........yay!!! She always asks me not to wash it on the day I get it done.........it’s second nature to wash it every day......and as a result of it not being washed, I look a mess......hair up in a scrunchy!! Still I have a 9am appointment....don’t have to wait too long........then my husband is taking me to lunch.......so nice outfit on today.....usually go into salon in leggings and any old thing.......

Sun was out this morning early, but dulling down as I type.......rain forecast for later.....

Happy to see the Today Show Cafe opens May 16th.......and I believe they are filming the show there that day.....it’ll be quite busy I imagine........but I’m sure we’ll manage to try something there before we leave.......

Have a great Thursday........:)

Early good morning homies

After the long drive yesterday made a difficult sleep for me

Woke up at 3 and tossed and turned

But once I hit the hotel breakfast bar at 5:30, it should get me moving with more Vip in me

Long car rides not my favorite yet

But at least I did make it on the trip
I’m glad we have a luxury travel bus as seats are plush and so comfortable

Still hoping I will get some zip in me for the long day

Went out to a gorgeous bbq place we first went to 40 years ago on our
Honeymoon after the first gathering in the hotel lounge
We we’re so excited to go there last night
Can’t beat the bbq in the South!

All sweet memories for our anniversary vacation

Thinking of all the homies and all have a great day!

Hey to charade, Lynne, RFF, Robo, pattyw, Schumi, Monykalyn, Vicki,
Janet, sue m, pc, and the rest of the homies

Have a great day!

Good Morning! Hello fog, is that a stranger thing character? Sigh. It's like the Fall. Jacket on in the morning, 52 to be exact, then shooting to 85 by the late afternoon. Jacket already in bag. And all cross your fingers. The zoo event we were going to go to was cancelled, because of rain. It's rescheduled to be tonight, and there's a spotty showers and thunderstorms that will be starting around dinner time. While it's now rain or shine, keep those fingers crossed the zoo is not where that spotty wet is.

And drink up, it's a Thursday. Time for tea. It may have ice in it soon, though the inside is almost feeling cool.

And thankfully, that sore throat lasted only one day.

With that,
a60df35ab1327263e000b91fd32fe76d.gif

Real, sending more positive thoughts your way. Lots of hugs and prayers for the Real family.

Hope Patty did get to sleep, and team rooting for, won. I haven't even bothered with watching much hockey, this year.

Hope Mac's early breakfast put some zip in her step. Enjoy the events today.

MonyK, your weather sounded scary. Glad you were all safe. And ooh, cruise coming up next month. Exciting. And wahoo for the flights booked, and at a good price.

Sue, glad to hear you are having a good time. Hope the weather holds out for you, to enjoy more of the parks.

Robo, glad to see you and your GD made it, and are enjoying good food and good times. Hope it continues.

Schumi will get her hairdo back, hope you like your hair after the appointment. And, I'd be curious what the new Today Cafe food tastes. From the menus I have seen, I am not sure I'd buy anything there. And yay, for your countdown.

Hello tea, and ooh, have to see what sweet I can get into. The pieces of birthday cake left in the break room went fast, and the Easter basket was empty as of yesterday afternoon. Hmmm.

Later.

Morning :coffee: Coffee in hand finally, my coffee maker seems to be on last legs, taking forever to brew, then stopping halfway. It’s a cuisenart so I thought it should last forever? But I think I’ll be coffee maker shopping this weekend...

Yay for Sue and Robo enjoying days at Universal and a meetup! The Disboards Epic girls trip is going on now at Disney- I was hoping to go but with job change and then adding the cruise I just don’t have $ Or time off. Have met a couple of them and are so nice.

More rain today- but garden is growing. Even see sprouts where the hens were getting seeds so thinking a few survived lol. Babies are getting so big, and they are starting to invade the big girls spaces, uneasy peace so far.

Mac hope the breakfast gets ya going! And nice comfy tour bus seats...

Schumi every time I see you say something about hair appointment I remember that I forgot to call to get mine set before vacation :rotfl2:.

Lynne I’ll be bumping into u in the kitchen. Can always come over to snag chocolate. But I steamed some eggs last night and peeled them so easy high pro breakfast on way out door. Discovered the Chilean spicy Himalayan sea salt is very good on hard cooked eggs...

:wave:To rest of peeps I missed. Hope RFF mom and family are finding comfort and peace.

Quick post before work. Had to get up a little early to fix B’s hair. She has dance pictures this afternoon and not enough time between school and picture time to get it done.

MonyK - The storms sounded very scary. I really hate storms. Hope you are able to go axe throwing another time. That sounds interesting, but I’m afraid I would be too clumsy to do it.

Sue and Robo - Cool that you got a chance to meet. Hope you both are having a great time.

Schumi - You’ve reminded me that I probably should get a haircut before graduation.

Mac - Glad you are having a good time. Hope you are able to get more sleep.

Lynne - I hope you have no rain for your zoo event.

Today is the day that Disneyland starts offering Galaxy’s Edge reservations to the people not staying on Disney property. I’m going to try to get reservations for my family. They are going to post information at 11:00. Wish me luck.

Good morning all!!

Dreary and cool here. I'm with you- Lynne- feels like fall! Ick!!

Busy day at work today!! Still trying to get caught up after vacation! At least busy days go by fast!!

Coffee #2 brewing now!:thumbsup2

Have a good one all!!

398d22fd7041d417a20b7ac69b362318.jpg

Thanks Charade. Wishing you luck on the Disneyland reservations. I am sure that new land will be bonkers regardless. But oooh, so much fun.

MonyK, I'll be over for chocolate for breakfast. Hey, you did sail with Carnival before, right? Ever bought the Fast to Fun? Thinking of it, mostly to be first on tenders, if we decide to do our own thing.

Patty, hope your second cup was a good as last. Yeah, so far, it's been very cloudy, then bit of sun. Up to 60 now. So will mos likely take my lunch walk without my sweater. Have a light one on now, as inside is getting cooler.

Found some pretzels. So, mid morning snack for me. And tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter