Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning Sans family :wave:

Schumi enjoy getting pampered and having lunch with your honey.

Happy to see the Today Show Cafe opens May 16th.......and I believe they are filming the show there that day.....it’ll be quite busy I imagine........but I’m sure we’ll manage to try something there before we leave.......

Today Show Cafe is already open. Soft opening I guess. We went in and had a look around. Desserts looked amazing.

We are going to give it a try before we leave if it remains open.

Went out to a gorgeous bbq place we first went to 40 years ago on our
Honeymoon after the first gathering in the hotel lounge
We we’re so excited to go there la
Have a great trip Mac. So nice to hear you and Mr Mac are enjoying a stroll down memory lane.

Can’t beat the bbq in the South!

Amen to that sister.

Robo, glad to see you and your GD made it, and are enjoying good food and good times. Hope it continues.

Thanks Lynne. Think we will do some pool time to start the day. Supposed to rain this afternoon.

Hope you both are having a great time.

Thank you charade. Anytime I’am with grandchildren i have a fabulous time. Granddaughter is enjoying her vacation.

Realfoodfans continued prayers coming your way :hug:

Bobbie68 sending prayers your way for you and Liv :hug:

Monyk hope the allergies ease up a bit. That is great you have a daughter who can look at weather for you.

Hey! Tink :wave:

Sue sun is shining this morning :sunny: rain predicted this afternoon.

:wave: Keisha, pattyw, ckmiles houseofthrees,
and all our Sans family.

Ok will have to restate that weather report here. The sun was shining. Clouds moved in and its raining now.

Good Morning! Hello fog, is that a stranger thing character? Sigh. It's like the Fall. Jacket on in the morning, 52 to be exact, then shooting to 85 by the late afternoon. Jacket already in bag. And all cross your fingers.

And thankfully, that sore throat lasted only one day.

Schumi will get her hairdo back, hope you like your hair after the appointment. And, I'd be curious what the new Today Cafe food tastes. From the menus I have seen, I am not sure I'd buy anything there. And yay, for your countdown.

We had some fog this morning too Lynne....soon cleared though. Very autumnal feeling......glad your sore throat didn't last!

Yes, hair all done.....I`m happy with it...….I like the look of a few things in the café.....there`s a roast beef sandwich with Tom`s name on.....and a dessert that looks amazing!!!!

Morning :coffee: Coffee in hand finally, my coffee maker seems to be on last legs, taking forever to brew, then stopping halfway. It’s a cuisenart so I thought it should last forever? But I think I’ll be coffee maker shopping this weekend...

Yay for Sue and Robo enjoying days at Universal and a meetup! The Disboards Epic girls trip is going on now at Disney- I was hoping to go but with job change and then adding the cruise I just don’t have $ Or time off. Have met a couple of them and are so nice.

More rain today- but garden is growing. Even see sprouts where the hens were getting seeds so thinking a few survived lol. Babies are getting so big, and they are starting to invade the big girls spaces, uneasy peace so far.

Mac hope the breakfast gets ya going! And nice comfy tour bus seats...

Schumi every time I see you say something about hair appointment I remember that I forgot to call to get mine set before vacation :rotfl2:.

Lynne I’ll be bumping into u in the kitchen. Can always come over to snag chocolate. But I steamed some eggs last night and peeled them so easy high pro breakfast on way out door. Discovered the Chilean spicy Himalayan sea salt is very good on hard cooked eggs...

:wave:To rest of peeps I missed. Hope RFF mom and family are finding comfort and peace.

Oh you need to sort your hair appointment out......priorities and all that...….and yes, got to love a Dis meet.....always enjoy them...….

Hope your day is a good one......

Schumi - You’ve reminded me that I probably should get a haircut before graduation.

Yep, we all need haircuts…...

Morning Sans family :wave:

Schumi enjoy getting pampered and having lunch with your honey.

Today Show Cafe is already open. Soft opening I guess. We went in and had a look around. Desserts looked amazing.

Yes, I should have said the Official opening is May 16th. A few things have caught our eye to try in there.....

Glad you`re having a fabulous trip......enjoy the rest of your time there...….

Yep, nice new hairdo and a very lovely lunch was enjoyed today...…..

I`m so happy my old stylist is back.....couldn't believe she was gone three and a half years.....but, told her she can`t leave again.......I love the way she does my hair!

Then, lunch was a seafood place we enjoy.....I was glad we booked as it was very busy, usually lunch it not as busy.....but it was delicious...…and it was the owners birthday so everyone got a complimentary glass of sparkly which was lovely.…...

Weather has been sunny, warm, rainy and cool.....all in the space of two hours.

No cooking tonight...….:D Maybe a snack later...….

Hope everyone on vacation is having a blast...….:wave2:

Found some pretzels. So, mid morning snack for me

:thumbsup2 Enjoy your lunchtime walk!

Can't wait for a review! Enjoy the rest of your vacay!:)

Weather has been sunny, warm, rainy and cool.....all in the space of two hours.

Wow! Changeable to say the least! Glad your salon pampering went well and lunch was delish!:)

My lunch is very boring! Honey mesquite chicken sandwich, an apple, and a banana! and a few pieces of Reese's miniatures for later on!:thumbsup2

Wow! Changeable to say the least! Glad your salon pampering went well and lunch was delish!:)

My lunch is very boring! Honey mesquite chicken sandwich, an apple, and a banana! and a few pieces of Reese's miniatures for later on!:thumbsup2

I think that sandwich sounds delicious! It’s something I’d order off a menu if I saw it ::yes::.....the apple and banana.....yeah, not so much......lol.......

Rainy day here now......and getting cooler......

I never get my nails done.....ever.....just not something I do........and......several of my friends get their nails done every week.......so one has talked me into getting something done.......she was very frustrated when I said I wanted clear nail polish only........think she expected me to get something a little more flamboyant........:D

So I have clear nail polish on.......not a fan of nail polish.......on me I’ll hasten to add........she’s just left......she arrived armed with around 10 colours.......nope......clear or nothing.

I won........

Woot! An aloha from Keisha. Lucky duck! Yep, pictures, please.

Ohhh, no need for jacket. Sun has come out, and walk was almost too hot. Had to get some iced coffee.

Hope Mac is having fun with her group.

Hope Sue and Robo have seen the sun by now, and are enjoying the Dark Side.

Patty, better lunch than for me. PJ crackers.

Schumi, glad to hear you're happy with hairdo. I'm with you. I do not like nail polish, and when I did, it was clear. I sometimes do use color on my toenails.

Ha, on my walk, forgot my sunglasses. Good thing little one left her sunglasses in the car. Kinda big on me, but hey, I'm still rocking them. :D

post-subject-happy-wonderful-thursda.jpg
and
images

Is it Friday yet?? Cool and mostly overcast today, although did see sun for a little bit this afternoon. Dinner was pork chops (seared and then baked in garlic/thyme butter), green beans and mac& cheese-made lots extra of the pasta-froze a couple containers and still have leftovers. No cooking tomorrow night. We are debating on going to lake for the weekend to see MiL. Not sure when else we will get up there before July. I think the boy has a soccer game Mothers day weekend.
Tatiana and charlie.JPG Charlie is the one sitting higher up and Tatiana is the one lower with the gold around neck. DD wanted a snuggle with them, but they are starting to get too big! Hadn't had a baby update in a while. Charlie is looking directly at camera and you can kind of see her cheek fluff-this breed has large fluffy cheeks when full grown.

MonyK, I'll be over for chocolate for breakfast. Hey, you did sail with Carnival before, right? Ever bought the Fast to Fun? Thinking of it, mostly to be first on tenders, if we decide to do our own thing.
Always welcome to the chocolate!
We did get FTTF last fall even though we didn't have a tender stop-but getting onboard and to cabins right away was nice, as was the dedicated GS line when we needed it. I did buy it for upcoming cruise as we do have a tender port, and with the kids along I figured it was worth it, but with staggered check in times it isn't as valuable for embarkation anymore. The dedicated GS line if you should need it was worth the cost alone though! (had a "tip" from a bar drink be $20 not $2-to be fair DH's scrawl can be awful and I had told him the drink package already had gratuity in it but he doesn't always "hear" me :sad2:)

.there`s a roast beef sandwich with Tom`s name on.
Is that the brisket sandwich? All the disney bloggers that have gone to a soft opening are raving about it. Ugh and I really need to get hair sorted-calling tomorrow now that I finally have finalized rest of work schedule for May.

We’re in! I got SWGE reservations on June 9 from 8 pm to 12 am June 10.
YES!!! Even if not a SW fan that is very exciting!

Aloha to Keishashadow!!
Robo sounds like you are having a great vacay with the grands!
Patty-so what is the next trip planned for?
Hope Mac is enjoying the battlefields

Hello to rest of the peeps!!!:flower1:

Woot! An aloha from Keisha. Lucky duck! Yep, pictures, please.

Ohhh, no need for jacket. Sun has come out, and walk was almost too hot. Had to get some iced coffee.

Hope Mac is having fun with her group.

Hope Sue and Robo have seen the sun by now, and are enjoying the Dark Side.

Patty, better lunch than for me. PJ crackers.

Schumi, glad to hear you're happy with hairdo. I'm with you. I do not like nail polish, and when I did, it was clear. I sometimes do use color on my toenails.

Ha, on my walk, forgot my sunglasses. Good thing little one left her sunglasses in the car. Kinda big on me, but hey, I'm still rocking them. :D

post-subject-happy-wonderful-thursda.jpg
and
images

Glad you’re having nicer weather......sounds nice! We can walk for miles when we don’t have an icy blast billowing around us......can you send some heat over here please.......:sunny:

Yes, clear polish is quite nice.....my nails aren’t always the nicest, but when they’re decent like now clear polish does look quite nice.

Schumi we just got back from lunch at Hot N Juicy! Great place, we all enjoyed our meals. Thanks for the tip. We used Lyft to get there, went well.

Glad to hear it Sue.......it really is a fabulous place if you like fresh seafood......I have another place in mind for this trip coming up......hopefully if it’s decent it’ll be another favourite.

Is it Friday yet?? Cool and mostly overcast today, although did see sun for a little bit this afternoon. Dinner was pork chops (seared and then baked in garlic/thyme butter), green beans and mac& cheese-made lots extra of the pasta-froze a couple containers and still have leftovers. No cooking tomorrow night. We are debating on going to lake for the weekend to see MiL. Not sure when else we will get up there before July. I think the boy has a soccer game Mothers day weekend.
View attachment 398629 Charlie is the one sitting higher up and Tatiana is the one lower with the gold around neck. DD wanted a snuggle with them, but they are starting to get too big! Hadn't had a baby update in a while. Charlie is looking directly at camera and you can kind of see her cheek fluff-this breed has large fluffy cheeks when full grown.

Always welcome to the chocolate!
We did get FTTF last fall even though we didn't have a tender stop-but getting onboard and to cabins right away was nice, as was the dedicated GS line when we needed it. I did buy it for upcoming cruise as we do have a tender port, and with the kids along I figured it was worth it, but with staggered check in times it isn't as valuable for embarkation anymore. The dedicated GS line if you should need it was worth the cost alone though! (had a "tip" from a bar drink be $20 not $2-to be fair DH's scrawl can be awful and I had told him the drink package already had gratuity in it but he doesn't always "hear" me :sad2:)

Is that the brisket sandwich? All the disney bloggers that have gone to a soft opening are raving about it. Ugh and I really need to get hair sorted-calling tomorrow now that I finally have finalized rest of work schedule for May.

YES!!! Even if not a SW fan that is very exciting!

Aloha to Keishashadow!!
Robo sounds like you are having a great vacay with the grands!
Patty-so what is the next trip planned for?
Hope Mac is enjoying the battlefields

Hello to rest of the peeps!!!:flower1:

It’s hard to imagine chickens like this....it really is......the farmer next to us has loads, but they’re not like that......I guess farmers see them differently and they have so many, guess they couldn’t cuddle them all!! Yours are so cute though........

Now I feel like Mac n cheese tonight ::yes::.......yes, the brisket sandwich seems to be one of their highlights.......one of my friends is there right now and I sent her a WhatsApp msg saying they have to try it and let me know what it’s like......

Tired this morning.......and it’s raining.......

Got early appointment for leg waxing this morning........never fun, but it’s a must do before a trip.....then going to stock up and make sure Kyle only needs to shop for fresh stuff while we’re away.....he always has a few friends that stay over while we’re away so I get loads, and loads of pizzas made up in store and stock one large shelf in the inside freezer up with them......they’re always used up when we get back! Thankfully all his friends are tidy and respectful of the house......

Think tonight’s dinner will be steak with mac n cheese as a side....thanks MonyK.........:thumbsup2

And it’s Friday..........:wave2:

Morning :coffee: Coffee in hand finally, my coffee maker seems to be on last legs, taking forever to brew, then stopping halfway. It’s a cuisenart so I thought it should last forever? But I think I’ll be coffee maker shopping this weekend...

Discovered the Chilean spicy Himalayan sea salt is very good on hard cooked eggs...

:wave:To rest of peeps I missed. Hope RFF mom and family are finding comfort and peace.
I love the spicy sea salt too! When you say steam the eggs is that different to us boiling them?

I am still sleeping at the Intensive Care with mum. She must be a strong cookie because she’s still here with us. Doctors amazed as Tuesday they said anybody who needed to come should come and they did but things have improved slightly and this morning they have stopped sedation at 4am and planning to take the breathing tube out about 10am so we will see what they feel then.

If she can maintain breathing etc today I will go and sleep at home tonight.

Lovely to read everyone’s trip stories when I’m in the break room and again thank you for positive thoughts x

Thank you, Real for the update on mum. Sending more positive thoughts, and prayers. I hope you get some good sleep.

Schumi, nice you stock the freezer for Kyle. Getting so close now. And yeah, I was like it's so dark out this morning. And ack, a light rain, to make the drive annoying. Cool, too another 52 degree start.

And we were so lucky. A bit of sun, and hot, with no rain, at the zoo last night. Little one had fun on their new climb and small zip line. She liked it a lot. And it was so nice to walk around, in the evening, when many of the animals were out.

MonyK, thanks for your thoughts on the FTF. I guess I can relate it to having to get early bird on SW. Yeah, no extra fees. Sigh. But, as anything, at times, I don't mind paying for location, and shorter lines. What I was most concerned with, is getting on the first tenders. If it's a 4 hour tour, and it starts at 9, getting back to take the tender back around 1 or so, gives us around 2 more hours to be back on the ship. I like to be back on the ship in plenty of time. Those younger chickens are getting big. Cute picture.

With that, tea is needed.

And, if you are keeping track of the day, It's a FRIDAY! Yay!
good-job-we-made-it-to-friday.jpg
upload_2019-5-3_6-2-22.jpeg yep. and to all the homies:
giphy.gif

A Mac quick post
Monyk
The pictures are precious of your daughters as kitties
So sweet
You are lucky to be young and multi task a lot of different things quickly and get all organized and set up
My hat off to you for that talent and energy!

Schumi
I think a clear coat on nails is always a striking look
It looks naturally wth a perfect shine
Think you will like it

Getting closer to your next fabulous vacation
Wow!
I know uo is one of your homes
and you are a important part to your friends you have made there

Waxing not my thing but may try it someday since you said it doesn’t hurt

Real,I’m praying for the best and a success for your Mum
You will be blessed for the loving care you are doing for Mum and your family
Proud to call you friend

Lynne always enjoy your pics
Beautiful daughter as fun at the zoo
Lovely to read how close you and daughter are
You will always be there to guide her and to shop for 4-5-6 how many dresses she needs

You have patience!

Charade a big “ I am so happy” you scored on getting those SWGE tickets

This will make your day!

Keisha
Enjoy everything in Hawaii on this vacation
Sounds like it will be a trip you always will be close to your heart

I got up at 5:30 and not a natural earlier riser
But need to do so as we do hotel breakfast at 6 and load on the touring bus at 7

Back from tour about 7 tonight then banquets dinner at 8 to 10

Yes steak and seafood with booze to
tonight

Not sure if I will check in much during the day as our lectures and walking tour are no where near any WiFi

Sorry if I missed any homie shout outs

Using an iPhone is tedious for me trying to write more than basics

Have a fantastic Friday!

Your weekend starts at 5

Hugs to all

Good morning everyone. I have no idea what I am going to do today. I did all my house cleaning Wednesday and Thursday since we had students coming over last night. I need to do dome laundry. I went to the machine only to find it full of B's clothes. She put them in the machine, but never started it. Now I'm waiting for that load to be finished so I can start on mine.

I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to book an ADR for Disneyland. I miss having the multitude of restaurant choices that they have in Orlando.

Wishing you luck on the Disneyland reservations. I am sure that new land will be bonkers regardless. But oooh, so much fun.
Thanks Lynne. I went back and for the on whether or not to get the reservations. We were originally planning to ignore the Star Wars area and just focus on the rest of the park, but I finally decided that we should at least go in and take a look.

My lunch is very boring! Honey mesquite chicken sandwich, an apple, and a banana! and a few pieces of Reese's miniatures for later on!
Actually that sounds very good. I would skip the banana though - not a fan.

Aloha! 3 nights at Waikiki now at aulani AAAAHHHH
Sounds awesome.

Just looking at that makes me shudder. B would be up for it though.

Charlie is the one sitting higher up and Tatiana is the one lower with the gold around neck. DD wanted a snuggle with them, but they are starting to get too big! Hadn't had a baby update in a while. Charlie is looking directly at camera and you can kind of see her cheek fluff-this breed has large fluffy cheeks when full grown.
I'm still amazed at this even though I have seen pictures. I just never thought of chickens as cuddly animals before.

I am still sleeping at the Intensive Care with mum. She must be a strong cookie because she’s still here with us. Doctors amazed as Tuesday they said anybody who needed to come should come and they did but things have improved slightly and this morning they have stopped sedation at 4am and planning to take the breathing tube out about 10am so we will see what they feel then.

If she can maintain breathing etc today I will go and sleep at home tonight.
Still praying for you and your mom. Hope you are able to get some sleep.

Charade a big “ I am so happy” you scored on getting those SWGE tickets
Thanks Mac. I kind of feel like we won the lottery. All the reservations were gone in less than 2 hours.

I just thought of something I can do today - start addressing graduation announcements. Just 3 weeks away. :eek:

Good morning everyone:D...I kicked myself in the butt today to come back to life:thumbsup2. I know when I last left there were a lot of vacations coming up. I am going to try and go back and see who is where.

I hope everyone is doing well and life is being good.:goodvibes I have good days and not so good days but I keep trying to go go go!!!

Liv has been sick still and with the end of the year coming up needs a lot more of my time and help. She did get her dress tailored and is very happy with it. It looks great and the best part is she loves her dress. Charlie's tux is going to match very nicely. We are just hoping for nice weather to take pics at our local park. It is really pretty and is a nice back drop. Her prom is May 18th in the evening. All her appointments are set for the day. The pic is a little blurry, I was not there to take one. I will have better pics the day of the prom.
promdress.jpg

Liv ranked 5th in her class :banana:, so we get to go to a banquet the end of May to honor the top 10 in the school. They do also give them a little scholarship which is nice. It was a hard decision for us to pull back on the amount of college classes she took. We thought with her health it would be best. She really wanted to and had a good chance to be Valedictorian but the other 4 had more college classes and they actually bring your GPA much higher. I told her we couldn't be happier and to be proud of herself.

The weather has been up and down here. We have some nice warm days, then some cold rainy days. I just can't wait for a nice warm even temp. I did change over my seasonal clothes. I purged a lot this year which felt good. I still need to do more. We also started cleaning out closets and the basement. We are going to try and have a tag sale with larger items next weekend. I figure whatever I can get is a plus.

I look forward to hearing about everyone, especially vacations.

I am going to try and converse more as I do miss talking with everyone all the time. It's funny I refer to advice and situations from everyone here quite often. I stepped back a minute after that and realized I was very lucky to find this group. :thumbsup2

Have a great day:goodvibes

I hope

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter