• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Sorry wags, but what a great run...hey you can still root for our team they won the state quarter final last night and are hosting the semifinal game next week for the first time in school history.

You betcha!!! You guys sound like us...we made it to semi-finals 2 years ago, but that was on the road...Friday was our first time to host.

Wish your guys the best...let us know how it goes.

Congratulations Tink. New little great niece.

I got to hold my youngest great niece yesterday. She is 4 months old and a big baby, as almost in 12 month clothes. But good as could be. Hehe, my niece, who has my youngest niece and my only great nephew at 18 months old, said not ready for number 3 anytime soon. Both kids had just got over being very sick the other day.

Getting tired. Long day. Helped parental unit shop. That wore me out. Little one drove though. I am not a good back seat driver. LoL

Night all.

E9B8BFAC-31AA-4C5E-BCB6-B62978FAB78E.jpeg

Little one selfie from driving earlier today.

lol.....

Gotta tell you lynne that the worse time in my life was when the boys had to do the required number of hours driving to get their license

I took each of them out twice when they had their permit and that was it

About had heart attacks sitting in the passenger seat
I feared for my life......

So had Mr Mac take over for the hours they needed

Two of my boys had no interest in driving when they were 16
They were 17 when they finally got their license

Cute pic of dd!

Tink congrats on the new baby
I like her name
....and so nice she waited until
after turkey day dinner to have her

It’s the end of November and I have my windows open. The cat is really enjoying this.

Today has been a stay out of the house while DH watches the Florida State/Florida game kind of day. He takes his college football way to seriously. B and I went to lunch, Target, Five Below, and then to the grocery store.

Wagman - Sorry to hear about the loss, but congrats on a great season.

Schumi - We may be getting a ridiculously big TV. I think DH is looking at a 55 inch or bigger.

I think we may start doing some Christmas decorating tonight. Later, of I can get the TV away from DH, I may introduce B to the movie Labrynth.

Our family room has a 60” tv......it’s huge.......far too big, unnecessary to me, but what do I know........if you have room for it why not, you do need to sit a good away from it to get the benefit of a decent picture, I think anyway,......sit too close, it’s not so good.

Sorry wags, but what a great run...hey you can still root for our team they won the state quarter final last night and are hosting the semifinal game next week for the first time in school history.

My little great niece Abigail arrived yesterday...what a cutie. Her dad is going to get a few gray hairs whenever his 3 beautiful blonde daughters start dating.

Charade, Labrinth is one of my favorite movies...love David Bowie as the Goblin King.

Have a great weekend everyone :flower1:

Congrats on another little great niece in the family! Abigail is a beautiful name........

lol.....

Gotta tell you lynne that the worse time in my life was when the boys had to do the required number of hours driving to get their license

I took each of them out twice when they had their permit and that was it

About had heart attacks sitting in the passenger seat
I feared for my life......

So had Mr Mac take over for the hours they needed

Two of my boys had no interest in driving when they were 16
They were 17 when they finally got their license

Cute pic of dd!

Tink congrats on the new baby
I like her name
....and so nice she waited until
after turkey day dinner to have her

We don’t have to do that with kids over here.......thank goodness!!! They get their Provisional Licence, same as learners permit I imagine.........then they start driving lessons with authorised driving instructors........they sit their test both driving and theory and hope they pass.......no having to drive a certain amount of hours.........and they don’t get a Provisional licence till they’re 17 in the UK. Glad we didn’t have to deal with that........:car:

Sunday...........ended up a later night with friends than we thought.......they planned to leave around 8 to go get packed as they’re off to Australia for 6 weeks today........they left at midnight! She blamed my sangria........:D

Nice night though..........

Today is Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on tv........spend most of my time looking for our relatives in the business there.....we have seen them a few times on screen.........funny.

Haven’t thought about lunch or dinner yet........I do know breakfast is bacon and pancakes........in around 20 minutes when DH finally gets up.........

Then out for a bit of shopping and home.........will be a quiet day........

5 more sleeps till we leave for overnight at airport..........:cheer2:

Have a great Sunday..........:)

Coffee and eggs and soup. Nice breakfast. Now watching English soccer, and wash on its third load.

Cool, but very bright sun. Love this type of Fall day.

Sunday it is.

Happy Sunday all! Sounds like nice Thanksgiving/family times. We did pizza around the pool while watching a Polynesian show on thanksgiving night.
Wagman- the team had a great run. Sorry they lost though! Loved hearing your game recaps.

Is today the answer to the Ultimate question chuckers?

No serious Black Friday shopping for us- did braved Disney Springs Friday night-packed. Parks obviously busy all week, but we did 1/2 days. Only got to park at opening twice. Harder to say goodbye to DD this time-think it's because she stayed with us. Loved having family all together under same roof!

Only about 5 more hours til we are home. Kids have been amazingly good in the car on this road trip. We are all ready to see our pets and own beds!

Guess I really need to book plane tickets for December. Meant to look at fares last week and forgot. Oops.

42!!!

• I will have my guide
  • I will pack my towel
  • I will not panic!
  • I may have a Pan Galactic Gargleblaster...
I may not find the answer to life, but I know that in 42 days I will have a GREAT time at Universal Studios Orlando!!

Don_t_panic.jpg

954.jpg

Last edited:
C4510179-04B3-4271-B949-0B8BD8E8207B.jpeg

Ah, where did that long weekend end?

Hehe, little one asked how many days before we leave. Yeah, less than 30, as magic bands now in hand. In fact,

EED992C8-EE7A-42FA-854D-C23570FAC4A2.jpeg

Have a good night homies.

Really enjoyed the castle show tonight. It was short but worth it. It was more worth it to try tonight and go for the second show than that mess we dealt with attempting it a week ago. (We were not successful a week ago and gave up). This time, we went after the first show but before the post-parade rush had headed over. It also helped that the Sunday before Thanksgiving has much higher crowds than the Sunday after Thanksgiving. This was our third year in a row of being in Universal the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We'll have to keep the tradition for next year!

On a different note, it's not worth it to get mix-ins in your enormous cotton candy at Honk Honkers. The mix-ins fall out. I wish I had taken a picture of the cotton candy - it was enormous. I had seen pictures and even saw them making it a week ago. But it's something different to hold one in your hand balancing it. Kids loved it.

A day of football on tv....
my brain is fried

Oh we hate football (UK football).........not on much in our house.........thank goodness!!! DS will occasionally watch a certain game, usually a European team, but that’s it........but he has the sports package in his room too, so doesn’t need to watch it downstairs........my brain would be fried too..........funnily enough I can watch motorsports all day which would fry some people’s brains I imagine..........

Monday morning..........DS just left for the office and I have my leg waxing appointment this morning, searching for carpets and flooring and something else I forgot right now.........

Breakfast first though..........no pancakes and bacon this morning mac.........poached eggs...........

4 more sleeps till we leave........:-)

Yay! Schumi's countdown is 20 less than mine. Getting closer! Woot! To see your pictures in a holiday report. So nice to have a family get away and enjoy holiday decorations and offerings.

YaY! Love the report Kohlby. We will definitely get a cotton candy. The pictures do show them looking huge. And so excited to see the castle show. Lucky you got to see it last night, without much hassle.

Yeah, it's Monday. At freezing overnight, but dry. a pale pink is on the horizon, sun is coming up, and will be mostly sunny today.

th

oh yeah, and

th
th

yes, it's that back to routine for the next couple of weeks.

Hope your coffee is hot, your water refreshing, and your tea, just right.

Time for tea for me.

Later homies.

Happy Monday! I am SO glad Thanksgiving is over.. I haven't worked that much in a long time. I was SO exhausted last night. And I don't work at GameStop until Wednesday! Yay! I get a break!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Now to just get through December!!! :)

• A prime number that is the sum of the first 6 prime numbers
  • The atomic number of nobium
  • Charlton Heston's designation as a Roman warship slave in the film Ben-Hur
  • The direct dial code for Switzerland
  • Cary Grant is attacked by a crop-dusting airplane at Prairie Corners on Highway 41 in the movie North by Northwest
  • George Bush is the 41st president of the United States
  • Montana was the 41st state to be admitted to the United States

I wonder if I'll meet anyone from Montana when I am Universal Studios in 41 days!?!

3875120148_65a47c8572.jpg

Poached eggs are good
::yes::

They were actually really nice........I kinda turn my nose up at them at times, but Tom does 2 breakfasts when he cooks....... his bacon and pancakes are excellent, and his poached eggs are perfect :thumbsup2 You’d like em!!

Well, suitcases are down from attic and laid out in one of the spare bedrooms........doubt we’ll fill 3 but will take them anyway......I won’t start packing till maybe Thursday night........probably a Friday morning before we leave for drive to airport hotel........if I pack too early I’d have to wash everything again! Day before is just fine for us.......

Got one of the guest rooms ready for nephew and girlfriend.........that didn’t take long to do.......

Going to try the HRC again this time.......heard some good things about the food.......haven’t been in a long time......made plans for the HRC on the Tuesday with our friend and Wednesday we meet up with Todd.......:cheer2: watch the parade and then food.........

Heating is turned up high, so cold again today! Anything will be better than this cold.........

Off to make cuppa and have slice of NY cheesecake........from the store, not homemade today..........:wave2:

Secured a rental car for our trip Saturday. We're arriving at Sanford 10:30 pm. Got a Hertz to get us to a nearby hotel then over to Leesburg to see my Mom Sunday. Then we can drive it down to RPR to check in and dump it there. For $43 it seemed like the best transpo option.

They were actually really nice........I kinda turn my nose up at them at times, but Tom does 2 breakfasts when he cooks....... his bacon and pancakes are excellent, and his poached eggs are perfect :thumbsup2 You’d like em!!

Going to try the HRC again this time.......heard some good things about the food.......haven’t been in a long time......made plans for the HRC on the Tuesday with our friend and Wednesday we meet up with Todd.......:cheer2: watch the parade and then food.........
Woo hoo! I love pancakes and bacon...I like eggs but poached doesn't do it for me. :(

I had the grilled chicken sandwich at HRC once and it was lovely and lush. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter