Something About Nothing ... #12

Isn’t it every 20 minutes or so an lasts approx 6 minutes?

I'm reading/hearing conflicting info now. We saw it twice while we were there and heard from a couple of different CM's that it was once at twilight. Hopefully it is every 20 minutes!

I miss the pizza from back home in Virginia...mainly because our water in Orlando is hard water and anything baked tastes different...especially pizza dough and bagels.

To me...the sauce makes the difference...I like a sweeter sauce on pizza and chewy crust.

Damn...I'm going to have to get some for dinner tonight.

I like a sweeter sauce too.......although everyone gets annoyed with Kyle and I as we love bbq sauce on the base with a spicy chicken pizza........Sals is perfect for that! One of the nicest in the area for what it is......

Take more tops than bottoms for the trip
If your case is not full, more room to do a shopping spree in Orlando

For the outer coats/jackets wear booth for getting on the plane then put the coat in plane over head bin

I’ve just plonked everything in! And taken up room in their cases too.........:D

Well pizza not on my list for dinner tonight or any night soon

Pizza in Georgia is not to my liking

Have been to many of them and one day did a drive an hour one way as I read good reviews for a place that claimed to have the best pizza

No idea what I want to fix for dinner tonight so will eat out
That solves the food for today issue

Did Panera soup last night for dinner

No place in my area is open Christmas except McDonald’s in a nearby town
I’m hoping something will be open in Kennesaw for the holiday

I’d eat out tonight too.........We did plan to eat out in our local, but it’s freezing........hope you get somewhere nice.......I forgot it was Thursday.........

Someone asked if I do a pre trip report.......No. I don’t. Unless you call, flights, hotel and car booked a pre trip report.......planning over.........:D

Same with countdowns.....I only start to get interested when it’s under a week..........

Snow is back on..........and so dark!!! But looks to be better tomorrow and where the airport is looks good.......

I'm reading/hearing conflicting info now. We saw it twice while we were there and heard from a couple of different CM's that it was once at twilight. Hopefully it is every 20 minutes!

Yep, it’s on several times a night every 20 minutes. It was in all the blurb about the Christmas stuff........:thumbsup2

Now, *I* want pizza for dinner... I actually like Domino's Alfredo pizza.. I find most fast food/chain pizza places have sauce that tastes more like the can it came out of than real tomato sauce.

My main issue with Chicago pizza is the sauce. They tend to use a chunky tomato sauce and I really can't eat chunky sauces - it's a texture thing. Giordano's, a Chicago chain, uses a smooth sauce that I really like.

Funny, kids hate Domino's now. We go to a local, but local chain, pizza place. It's good, not the best, but the best we all like. Hmmm, pizza for dinner? Maybe not. I tend to decide on the fly. Kids sometimes make it for me, so I get lucky sometimes. Maybe a Chinese meal, as it's cooler today. Sun is out though, but much more cloudy than the previous days. Darn cold weather system arriving.

With all the chatter about pizza my guess is many readers will do piZza tonight

Not all Chicago pizzerias are like that chuckers
I’ve never had pizza in Chicago that has chunks of tomatoes/etc in the sauce

With all the chatter about pizza my guess is many readers will do piZza tonight

Not all Chicago pizzerias are like that chuckers
I’ve never had pizza in Chicago that has chunks of tomatoes/etc in the sauce

Lou Malnotti's and Uno's use chunky sauce. In fact, Lou M puts full slices of tomatoes in their pizza :) (At least they did when I lived there 10 years ago :) )

Funny, kids hate Domino's now. We go to a local, but local chain, pizza place. It's good, not the best, but the best we all like. Hmmm, pizza for dinner? Maybe not. I tend to decide on the fly. Kids sometimes make it for me, so I get lucky sometimes. Maybe a Chinese meal, as it's cooler today. Sun is out though, but much more cloudy than the previous days. Darn cold weather system arriving.

My sister says I food shop like a Frenchman. I don't decide on dinner until I am in the supermarket and rarely buy food for more than one night. Something that a lot of French people do, from what I have been told. I just don't like having my meals planned out.

Dominos is rank over here! I assumed it was the same in the States.......we wouldn’t ever get pizza from them.......

Love a chunky sauce! My homemade pizzas have chunky thick tomato sauce and a thin and crispy base........

I’ve made a bbq sauce base cheese pizza for Kyle tonight when he gets in from work.........not sure what we’re going to have now.......like to change plans now and again........I have Parma Ham, spicy chicken wings and Shrimp in the fridge and crab cakes in the freezer.......may just throw all them on the table and pick a little of everything......not exactly cold weather food, but it’ll be nice. I’m starving now.......not eating till 6.45ish........May have a snack now.........

Dominos is rank over here! I assumed it was the same in the States.......we wouldn’t ever get pizza from them.......
Yeah Dominos is pretty bad here in town...at least the store that delivers to me. About the only chain pizza place I like anymore is Hungry Howie's and they have pretty good specials all the time. I like to find local mom and pop places instead of chains. I have several favorites here: Julia's, Della's and Franco's...Julia's is the best I've tasted and their sauce is divine!

Hello all...I've been trying so hard to distract myself by reading and planning here but I am losing focus. Our nephew's body was found this afternoon after his ATV with his girlfriend's body as well, fell through the ice on a lake in Northern MN. My DH is devastated as am I for his sake. This young man was awesome. An exceptional person.
I am late but omg I am so sorry! Cannot imagine the anquish. hugs and healing to you and your family. Wish I could help take the burden of pain...

Don’t even go to that subject.....
It’s been battled about for years on who has the best pizza
Well that would be because it is St Louis style pizza is best!:rotfl2:

I have never tasted a real Chicago style pizza

Lou Malnotti's
Lou Malnotti's is the best! My fave.

Yay to short countdowns and trips coming up.
Got our real tree last night. Busy weeks coming up. In the 50-60's so not exactly feeling like winter. At least now have carpool set up for swim so we aren't schlepping over to Natatorium every day (15-20 min drive each way). And son starts indoor soccer in January.

Last day of work for me today. But busy Friday and weekend already-and DH out of town for wedding in Iowa (and to see his grandmother who is fading fast. She is almost 91 so it is expected...Alzheimers is an awful disease.

With a trip to Orlando in October, November and December I haven't even bothered to put suitcases away. I just switch up size for me depending on the trip. Looking forward to New years in parks (will be packed in parks but just me and DH so no kid whining), but I am kinda over Disney for awhile. Wanted to go back in early June to get max value from our AP but now I don't know. However DH keeps making noises about going back to Universal so who am I to dissuade that?? Found a great TS foreclosure where we already own, so we'd be able to do 2 weeks and trade into Orlando. We LOVED Marriott Cypress Harbour and could easily spend 2 weeks there.
And he has now asked 3 times about upgrading to pass that includes Disneyland. Um no, much cheaper to just buy DL tickets. I think he is feeling over the WDW too.

Lunch over-back to work!

MonyK
Who takes care of your chickens when you are gone?

And we have not had any pictures of your chickens in a long time

Dominos is pretty rank here too, unless you get the Alfredo sauce. I wouldn't buy any other pizza. Little Ceasar's used to be okay, but then they changed their sauce as well.

Dominos......:sick: I made a coconut chicken curry soup tonight, but Momma doesn't cook on Friday and I bet you can guess what we'll be having tomorrow.

Sitting here thinking that one week ago tonight I was watching this......24130480_1741679952530101_9011697395530800367_o.jpg

Dominos......:sick: I made a coconut chicken curry soup tonight, but Momma doesn't cook on Friday and I bet you can guess what we'll be having tomorrow.

Sitting here thinking that one week ago tonight I was watching this......

Awesome picture!!!

Things you do not want to hear close to vacation time.
Boss (as she is standing right next to me): I’m really not feeling well today. I think I’m coming down with the flu.
I told her to go home. She didn’t listen.

Pizza - We don’t order from the chain restaurants anymore. We have a local place that we love. I don’t really have a preference when it comes to NY or Chicago style. As long as the pizza is hot and tastes good I will eat it. My husband thinks the best pizza is found in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Schumi - Safe travels. I have to admit, I love doing countdowns. I think I started about 6 months out when I was planning my Alaska trip.

Lynne - Love the cat pic. It reminds me of mine. He is always trying to stick his face in my water glass. B is excited about getting the new clarinet.

Chuckers - My problem with the NY pizza is that we just didn’t have the time to find a good place. B and I were in NYC on a trip with our local Girl Scouts. We were so scheduled and didn’t get much time to explore food options. I did however, manage to find salsa that was made in NYC. (Remember the old Pace commercials?)

Macraven - I don’t even remember where we ate pizza when I lived in Georgia. Probably a chain. I hope you can find something open on Christmas Day. If not Kennesaw maybe Marietta if it’s not too far. Where I live there are usually a couple of Chinese restaurants open.

Pooh - Those pictures are awesome.

Guess I should get some sleep. Tomorrow is house cleaning/laundry/errand day.

Chuckers - My problem with the NY pizza is that we just didn’t have the time to find a good place. B and I were in NYC on a trip with our local Girl Scouts. We were so scheduled and didn’t get much time to explore food options. I did however, manage to find salsa that was made in NYC. (Remember the old Pace commercials?)

Some of the best pizza is made in hole in the wall pizza joints and if you're on a schedule, you really don't have the time to search. As for salsa.. not a fan.. chunky veggies.. yuk! :)

Things you do not want to hear close to vacation time.
Boss (as she is standing right next to me): I’m really not feeling well today. I think I’m coming down with the flu.
I told her to go home. She didn’t listen.

Pizza - We don’t order from the chain restaurants anymore. We have a local place that we love. I don’t really have a preference when it comes to NY or Chicago style. As long as the pizza is hot and tastes good I will eat it. My husband thinks the best pizza is found in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Schumi - Safe travels. I have to admit, I love doing countdowns. I think I started about 6 months out when I was planning my Alaska trip.

Lynne - Love the cat pic. It reminds me of mine. He is always trying to stick his face in my water glass. B is excited about getting the new clarinet.

Macraven - I don’t even remember where we ate pizza when I lived in Georgia. Probably a chain. I hope you can find something open on Christmas Day. If not Kennesaw maybe Marietta if it’s not too far. Where I live there are usually a couple of Chinese restaurants open.

Pooh - Those pictures are awesome.

Guess I should get some sleep. Tomorrow is house cleaning/laundry/errand day.

Nothing wrong with having a countdown...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter