Something About Nothing............ #14

and we all went through when you got engaged and years later when you had your babies!

Believe your sister was one of the first posters that joined the SAN and then you joined us about a couple of months later.

Feels like a lifetime ago lol...

My online family through my Disney wedding, 4 kids, and toothaches galore lol!

Good to see you and that is a lovely picture of the children.

I do remember when Christopher was born, seems like only a few years ago, but, yep time does fly!!!

Well, I planned a lay in this morning, but when you`re awake and can`t fall back over you might as well get up.

Sleeping beauty said he`s not getting up till 10am.....we`ll see. I plan a nice sit down breakfast this morning, smoked salmon, proscuitto, poached eggs, English muffins or French Toast, I`ll go for the French Toast and there is bacon too if we feel like it, won`t need a lunch either after that!!

Got some friends popping in for a Christmas drink this afternoon, they won`t be here long as everyone is busy this time of year, but it`ll be nice to see them. Then movie time for us.

Kyle is joining us tonight for Chinese takeout and going to try and not order too much food tonight as we tend to put so much in the trash when we`re done, but we do like a good selection, I put it all out on the table and we eat buffet style from this place.

We leave early tomorrow morning so probably plan an early night.

So, another day food is sorted, time for my first pot of tea of the day.....Santa House teapot I have for some reason or another, not sure a square teapot looks right, but it`s festive!!

Saturday again and it`s Christmas weekend.......

1703318630654.jpeg

1703318921498.jpeg

1703319009002.gif

2 more sleeps :santa:

23CFA774-F212-486D-9E13-67D202C09AE6.jpeg

D5A14E7A-F238-4F29-8DC1-EC43EC66A0B5.jpeg
Just popped 3 pumpkin pies in oven. After cut out cookies, the only thing the mr requests of Xmas baked goods. I

As predicted we both here came down with a TSO Concert bug. Mine has decided to stick around. Dr has me doing breathing treatments at home, appears albuterol cause insomnia o_O Slap me silly and call me Sally Least not as wheezy now,will call it a win!

They`ve also plans for Aventura Park in Spain, that`s going to be a thing soon too we were told. They`re certainly making plenty of investments for sure.
Sounds like they’ve money to burn re expansions now. Could always visit the UK one as a bonus trip, or two lol
Ah, looking forward to being that blonde, even though little one liked my white hair that appears before it turns blonde.
I always admired my late MiLs beautiful pure white hair. Funny, she said it doubled in thickness when it turned on her in late 40s. Few white hairs for me. My top layer is fading back to a dishwater blonde that makes it possible to do longer waits between color now.

Occasionally with age does come wisdom. I think my tolerance for nonsense and ridiculous behavior has diminished significantly.
In this day and age especially with all that is going on in the World we should be lifting each other up not causing trouble.

My wish is for everyone to have peace and a Happy, Merry Christmas.
Looks like the quote got fractured However, wonderful sentiment!
Add a little coconut oil to the chocolate. It will make it nice and shiny and the chocolate harden quicker.
Oooh will try that next time I make
Love a good hunk of Asiago, lasts forever if wrapped properly
One of the therapists I work for gave me a Disney gift card. I told dh that we needed to plan another trip so I can spend it.
Make perfect sense to me
have never been a snow bunny

Attachments

• 5DA91FA8-B835-4ED1-8409-596260E8F52C.jpeg
    5DA91FA8-B835-4ED1-8409-596260E8F52C.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1
Happy Saturday! I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do today. Gifts are wrapped and I don’t need to start making any food until tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, we are going to be going to a hibachi restaurant for dh’s birthday. He was supposed to make plans, but didn’t. Of the few nicer restaurants that would be open tomorrow evening the hibachi place was the only one that still had reservations available.

That is a stunning picture!

Charade, that is beautiful.
Thanks, y’all.

Thank you for posting it, must have taken incredible patience to sit and make that, I`m sure your friend will be thrilled to receive that as a gift for Christmas.

You must be very pleased with it now it`s done
It’s actually quite therapeutic. I mostly stitched at night when dh was watching tv shows that didn’t interest me. I am glad it is finally finished and I never want to stitch on black fabric again.

Little one took most of the pictures, so I’ll ask her to share.
I’d love to see pictures of NYC at Christmas. The only time I was there was in Summer.

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays!
Good to see you Kfish!

We leave early tomorrow morning so probably plan an early night.
Once again, safe travels. How long is your drive?

As predicted we both here came down with a TSO Concert bug. Mine has decided to stick around. Dr has me doing breathing treatments at home, appears albuterol cause insomnia
Hope you shake the bug soon and can get some sleep.

Make perfect sense to me
I also have some unused Universal cards left over from my last trip, so I need to go back there too.

I need to think about what to do today. Maybe I’ll go buy another pair of shoes.

PSA for Honda owners - there has been a recall on certain makes and models for the fuel pump. You can check your car at recalls.honda.com
My car has the recall and I found a completely different one for dh’s car. B’s car had no recalls.

View attachment 819873

View attachment 819874
Just popped 3 pumpkin pies in oven. After cut out cookies, the only thing the mr requests of Xmas baked goods. I

As predicted we both here came down with a TSO Concert bug. Mine has decided to stick around. Dr has me doing breathing treatments at home, appears albuterol cause insomnia o_O Slap me silly and call me Sally Least not as wheezy now,will call it a win!

Sounds like they’ve money to burn re expansions now. Could always visit the UK one as a bonus trip, or two lol

I always admired my late MiLs beautiful pure white hair. Funny, she said it doubled in thickness when it turned on her in late 40s. Few white hairs for me. My top layer is fading back to a dishwater blonde that makes it possible to do longer waits between color now.

Occasionally with age does come wisdom. I think my tolerance for nonsense and ridiculous behavior has diminished significantly.

Looks like the quote got fractured However, wonderful sentiment!

Oooh will try that next time I make

Love a good hunk of Asiago, lasts forever if wrapped properly

Make perfect sense to me

Fingers crossed the lergy leaves you before Monday, sucks being poorly this time of year, all we want to do is have fun and I`m sure you will.

Wish I liked Pumpkin Pie.....I`ve tried several including home made, but just not for me, it`s like anything with peanut butter....bleurgh!!!

I think it`s going to be based or designed like Japan, lots of indoor stuff. They bought out the company that owned the land back in August for $271 million, so it`ll happen for sure. Not sure what to think about it to be honest, this country doesn`t have good theme parks, but this could be a first.

Oh white hair goes brittle, one of my aunts went white, almost overnight and her hair was like straw.....but she didn`t look after it, all brash colours, she never did get proper highlights done. You don`t have much white at all Janet....of course underneath the blonde hair I have, I assume I`m still a natural brunette...... :rotfl:

Have a lovely couple of days.......

Happy Saturday! I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do today. Gifts are wrapped and I don’t need to start making any food until tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, we are going to be going to a hibachi restaurant for dh’s birthday. He was supposed to make plans, but didn’t. Of the few nicer restaurants that would be open tomorrow evening the hibachi place was the only one that still had reservations available.

Thanks, y’all.

It’s actually quite therapeutic. I mostly stitched at night when dh was watching tv shows that didn’t interest me. I am glad it is finally finished and I never want to stitch on black fabric again.

I’d love to see pictures of NYC at Christmas. The only time I was there was in Summer.

Good to see you Kfish!

Once again, safe travels. How long is your drive?

Hope you shake the bug soon and can get some sleep.

I also have some unused Universal cards left over from my last trip, so I need to go back there too.

I need to think about what to do today. Maybe I’ll go buy another pair of shoes.

Thank you, takes around 6-7 hours sometimes longer depending on weather, looks to be very windy tomorrow which won`t be fun up in Scotland!!

Yes, I think it would be theraputic to do that, don`t think I`ve done anything like that since school.

Hope you enjoy the Hibachi restaurant and a very happy birthday for your husband tomorrow too.

It`s been a lovely day all in all today. Had some friends round for Christmas drinks, well for two of them who are Jewish, it was just drinks......lol.....but it was nice. I made up some pitchers of cocktails and had some prosecco to make up a Poinsettia cocktails if required, they went down well!!!

Eventually, everyone left and Kyle arrived in time for Chinese food and we ordered early as we knew they were going to be very busy tonight and food was good!!!

White Christmas is on now and we`ll watch Scrooge later and that`s our Christmas movies over for another year.

Going to be a wild and woolly journey tomorrow, high winds all the way which won`t be fun crossing to the other side of the country from down here.

Going to have a cuppa now before we have a glass of prosecco and not much else!!

If I don`t get the chance I wish all that celebrate Christmas a very merry Christmas.....🎄

(I do have some emails to catch up on)

Went ahead and tackled the baklava after the pies. Figured might as well keep going. Took out at 11am, middle bottom is still warm. They take forever to cool. Have to be frozen or they get watery
4C1126C6-37D9-4ABF-A5F0-A7687BB3BE79.jpeg
Going to be fun scrubbing that pan

Did run some crispy ones out to the ‘lil one
662FDD65-7DAA-404F-B611-51A20305EE35.jpeg

I’m told she shared one & ate the rest. Good thing a Xmas Eve 5k for her tomorrow lol

Thank you, takes around 6-7 hours sometimes longer depending on weather, looks to be very windy tomorrow which won`t be fun up in Scotland!!

That long enough to be a tiring ride. Hope it doesn’t get too wooly. Any excuse to post this will do

DB2C5DE8-70CF-4FD6-AD5C-43AA6BD0E273.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg
From the front of the NYC library
IMG_1020.jpeg
In the Nintendo store
IMG_1030.jpeg
Advertisement in Rockafeller Square

IMG_1013.jpeg
For sale in the Nintendo store. Get your kid a ride in toy for almost 400 dollars

IMG_1035.jpeg
We like this church, saw a wedding there last time we were there.

IMG_1049.jpeg
Store fronts were so neat to see like this oneIMG_1045.jpeg
In the Potter store. Christmas items were half off - found a neat ornament that has a pin inside of it.

Anyway, some holiday fun picture of NYC from little one.

Sending well wishes to Keisha and great family picture from Kfish.

Wrapping time after breakfast at the zoo, pick up three orders, take brother to pick up his car in shop, bank stop, coffee stop, and chilling.

Went ahead and tackled the baklava after the pies. Figured might as well keep going. Took out at 11am, middle bottom is still warm. They take forever to cool. Have to be frozen or they get watery
View attachment 819937
Going to be fun scrubbing that pan

Did run some crispy ones out to the ‘lil one
View attachment 819938

I’m told she shared one & ate the rest. Good thing a Xmas Eve 5k for her tomorrow lol

That long enough to be a tiring ride. Hope it doesn’t get too wooly. Any excuse to post this will do

View attachment 819939

lol....it might very well be a wild ride!!! Just glad it`s not going to snow.

I know a joke about Mr Toad`s wild ride, but it`s a family site...... :rotfl:

Baklava looks lovely and glad the little liked her special ones too. Think I told you before, I`ve never made that before but we all like it.

Kyle is doing a 5K on Christmas morning in a town a few minutes along from the hotel, right on the waterfront, high chance of rain but he`ll still do it. Hope your GD does well on Christmas Eve, it`s a healthy addiction runners have for sure.

We like this church, saw a wedding there last time we were there
They’ve used that church for many films and tv shows. Interesting to see it there, dwarfed by the surrounding newer buildings

Pikachu, I see you lol
Janet.. your food looks good.!
Save some of it for me.
:hug:
This will cover my meal planning for a couple of days.
You’ve got this, starting with knowing the reason for the season. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Which reminds me I need to pull out the two cake rounds from freezer tomorrow & frost them. Decidedly, not my strong suit.

IMG_0995.jpeg

It’s Christmas Eve and here’s the huge tree in Rockafeller Square.

Keisha, you awake? Time to go into that kitchen.

Sunday, and it’s 47 degrees. Yay for a warm front, even if overcast, with it still above freezing right now. Well, 4 degrees above freezing. And glad, as yesterday we were at 28 degrees same time of day. Into 50’s the highs the next 4 days. Woot! Every day like that in January would be welcome.

Have a most relaxing Sunday all.

Ooh love a quiet house. And neighborhood.

65073FF2-DBAA-4297-B235-3E25AFF202D7.jpeg
I’m rolling with it and having a ball

Keisha…
Want me to call you at 6 am tomorrow to remind you to take out the two cake rounds?

Always glad to help a homie out !
😉
Oops I forgot the cake. Thanks! Will grab when I toss load of laundry In washer

Have been productive, Turkey in oven, baking taters oiled & kosher salted, ready to roast later for dinner

Mr’s hair cut, the pooch bathed and onto wrapping & sorting last of presents.

Found out we can’t leave them under the tree unattended Disclaimer, not my dog but, same result lol

88A47DF7-89AA-4DD8-9574-1308B5CE7AA1.jpeg
Keisha, you awake? Time to go into that kitchen.
Have been semi productive, Turkey in oven, baking taters oiled & kosher salted, ready to roast later for dinner

Mr’s hair cut, the pooch bathed and said on onto wrapping & sorting last of presents. Not to mention trying to whip that cake into something Christmas-y. I’m a 9x13 inch pan with attached serving lid sort of gal. Easy peasy

Did a WFood run, Target pick up and got coffee after a long coffee wait. Ah the fun on Christmas Eve. Knew better than to walk into Target. Just saying. Made a fruit tart for tomorrow. Came out nice. Hehe, I only put fruits on it that I like.

Enjoy your dinner, Keisha. Yum, kitchen must be smelling good. Haha, we never put any presents under the tree for that reason, and bolted the tree to the wall, as my large female dog used to like to climb into the tree. She ate glass Christmas balls too. So all glass was at the very top, and we still have more plastic balls because of her. Pets. Yep, love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter