Something About Nothing............ #14

DLPN, I never had the dessert at LTT, I guess they could be the same? I've only ever had Sticky toffee pudding at Raglan Road and Rose and Crown in Disney, but I could only have a bite since they're not gluten free. That's when I set out to find a gluten free recipe, which is the one I make.
Either way, the ooey gooey cake looks good! YUM!

Yup, anytime we go there it’s a must to get it!

Bobbie.....glad to see you check In. I agree with others, speak to your doc about different pain relief. Few weeks ago I had to have a codeine base every two hours and an ibuprofen base the other two hours.....made a huge difference to immense pain. So, I’m sure they’ll be able to help you. Best wishes for a quick healing process....

cam......glad you’re doing ok too........

Definite good wishes to all I missed......been poor at keeping up last few days.....

It is still crazy out there. We went to a place we have over here that’s a bit like Costco.....Monday mornings are usually deserted.....place was mobbed. We grabbed the two items we needed and left. On to one grocery store we use for certain things......yes, people are still panic buying.......our fridges, freezers and kitchen store cabinets are pretty full......but 3 weeks to a month from now.....who knows.

I think the panic buying of others worries me more than the darn virus.

Again, good wishes to all........

Yeah, it boggles my mind, to hoard as much as you can. Seems no matter what, our grocery stores will be open. Hence, if you have to run out, do so, and bring your sanitizing in case there is none entering and exiting the store. And how much cleaning stuff do you need?

Okay, it's making me hungry. Almost ready for my lunchtime walk. And hoping they let us teleworking soon. Though I have to say, with kids not in school, the traffic is a bit less.

Hey all, driving by to give an elbow bump

Rough week here, death in family and mom woundup in hospital. Was able to go to see her Saturday before the hospital closed to visitors. Also, managed to get her transferred out ‘early’ back to nursing home on Sunday before they closed their door to returning residents. Had already stopped visitations there last Friday to all but employees.

GD will be arriving here later today with parents, made huge pot of meatballs & my sauce. She’ll be staying here until the weekend or Thursday night if I still have plans on Friday. Really suprised the school district has no online learning or plans in place for the kids to keep up studies over the next 2 weeks.

Ran around end of last week to reprovision, that includes for my two DS that I tend to do their shopping in normal times. At this point tapped out, told them, they need to take charge of things for immediate future.

No idea if my dentist appoint to rebound the 3 teeth that were under my failed bridge. Can tell it’s wearing off as the teeth (no root canals) are starting to ahem bark a bit. Oral surgery is still on for Friday, at surgery center vs hospital where locally, all non life threatening stuff has been cancelled

It’s a mess with the localities and states seemingly out of their lane trying to call this crisis properly. Im expecting that a mandatory 2 week across the board hunker down policy may not be out of the question until the immediate dust settles.

Re our now cancelled upcoming trip, appears the majority of the travel providers are doing the right thing & either crediting back the funds or extending travel credits. Of all of them, SWA is the one who hasn’t changed their policy as to any extra extensions of flight credits past the original 1 year booking window. Surprised there, will remember that when things stabilize for future needs.

Not a fan of toffee & majority of bread pudding but O’hanas is to die for:). I could just mainline the topping that is poured over it.

Anyone can make the request to have the food delivered to a specific place on your property.
For many, especially those home bound or self quarantined, if they don’t have friends or family to help out if they have no food in the house, it’s their only lifeline.

Im a cautious sort, wonder re the health of the people preparing & delivering it, decided to avoid any prepared food in general as I was surprised to see that the Virus lives up to 2 days on cardboard & paper, 3 days on steel.

Wash your hands, wash your hands then wash them again:). Anybody else’s hands feel like sandpaper yet lol?
i everyone...I am really feeling pretty bad right now. The pain blocker wore off and I feel like I was run over back and forth with a truck. I have muscle weakeness to begin with so all that trauma to the muscles is bad!! I can't take any of the pain pills they gave me I will get sick. Just using advil and tylenol. All the brusing is starting in the abdomen. Brian is taking good care of me and the house. The teens are helping too.
Oh man, that stinks. I tend to react same way to most opioids and other pain pills too. be sure to call and explain, maybe an RX pain patch type of relief or even muscle relaxants might do the trick. Hugs.

Yeah Keisha, raw feeling hands. Keep using some lotion, but eh, guess I am washing much more than usual. So sorry to hear of family death, and mom issues. Thankfully, my mom in her nursing home, is being taken care of not just the staff and medical people, but other residents helping her get to meals, etc. Stinks that we cannot visit her, not can they leave. Hope they lift that at the end of next week. Ouch, for teeth issues. Just got a call from my hair salon, township is quitting them to close and allowed to reopen on the 31st. Thought I’d be legally blonde tomorrow, but alas a little more gray for now. Fine with me, as I won’t try to do it myself anymore, and was rescheduled on the 31st. I always thought the salon is good at being clean, which is one of the reasons I have been going there for years. And the small business owner called, and I feel bad for her, as rent and other expenses still have to be paid, with no income coming in.

Walk for lunch was overcast, and felt cool enough. Jacket certainly was needed. Little one called. Seems her teachers are not very happy with this teaching online. Yeah, well it is what it is. They should be more like my DH. He already emailed his students what they have to turn in for the semester. If they do, good grade for them. He does not like to do tests online. And he used to teach online for a different school.

Hope all are okay, and hey, Keisha’s making dinner, swing by, she may be that take out lady. :rolleyes1

Good to see you back posting Janet.......glad to hear the insurance situ is good!

Yep, no takeout for us either for a while......we’ll go back to it eventually, but not yet. Dinner sounds so good! Think we’ll have meatballs and spicy sauce on Wednesday......

Lynne......glad you got some fresh air, and good to know your mother is being well looked after, that’s a huge comfort. I got my hair done last Friday, they closed the salon today as most of the customers have cancelled their bookings. Shame.

So, we cancelled our visit to Scotland this week. Feeling a little blue about that but, think it’s for the best.

Not the best thing to tell mum on her birthday today.......

But, with Virgin Atlantic asking staff to take 8 weeks unpaid leave, that’ll cover our trip, so guess it’s a definite no go.

I have a large bottle of wine with my name on it tonight.......🍷 🥴

481456 have to say YUM! Bet Keisha's house is smelling good with that pot of meatballs.

What? Mac doing a Taco Bell run on a Monday? Eeek! Actually, I almost asked the kids if we wanted to do the Taco Bell drive through window, as we were near there yesterday. That was a no, as we enjoyed those home made hamburgers for later dinner, as no one was hungry as we passed Taco Bell by earlier in the afternoon.

Yay! Schumi has her wine ready. And so sorry to hear Scotland is a no go, but understandable, and I wish your mum a happy birthday a bit early.

Definite good wishes to all I missed......been poor at keeping up last few days.....
I'm a bit distracted here too. It's a strange time for sure.
And hoping they let us teleworking soon. Though I have to say, with kids not in school, the traffic is a bit less.
I hope so too. Our neighborhood is eerily quiet. The kids aren't even outside playing even though school is closed.
Rough week here, death in family and mom woundup in hospital. Was able to go to see her Saturday before the hospital closed to visitors. Also, managed to get her transferred out ‘early’ back to nursing home on Sunday before they closed their door to returning residents. Had already stopped visitations there last Friday to all but employees.
I am so sorry for the death in the family and you're mom in the hospital and nursing home.
No idea if my dentist appoint to rebound the 3 teeth that were under my failed bridge. Can tell it’s wearing off as the teeth (no root canals) are starting to ahem bark a bit. Oral surgery is still on for Friday, at surgery center vs hospital where locally, all non life threatening stuff has been cancelled
I hope everything works out on Friday. A lot of dental practices are taking emergencies/serious cases only.
Im expecting that a mandatory 2 week across the board hunker down policy may not be out of the question until the immediate dust settles.
I fully expect this also. Aside from places closing on their own today, other places/people are waiting for official word before they stay home.
Wash your hands, wash your hands then wash them again:). Anybody else’s hands feel like sandpaper yet lol?
Yes!!!
Just got a call from my hair salon, township is quitting them to close and allowed to reopen on the 31st. Thought I’d be legally blonde tomorrow, but alas a little more gray for now. Fine with me, as I won’t try to do it myself anymore, and was rescheduled on the 31st. I always thought the salon is good at being clean, which is one of the reasons I have been going there for years.
Hmmm, are the salons part of the mandatory close in your county? We're not there yet in our county, despite cases, but some businesses are closing or reducing hours at salons.
So, we cancelled our visit to Scotland this week. Feeling a little blue about that but, think it’s for the best.
Sorry to hear that, but it is probably for the best right now. I've been avoiding my parents for the time being in case we are carrying something. I drop items for them on their porch. My father's gym finally closed today, which I'm glad. He's turning 80 next month and was still trying to get to the gym! Sigh....
I have a large bottle of wine with my name on it tonight.......🍷
Have a glass for me!
So far I don't think the liquor stores in our county are closing, but I could be wrong. I thought there were 4 counties where the liquor stores were closing but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to at some point also. Our grocery stores only started selling wine and beer a few years ago. We do have designated beer stores and wineries, but everything else we have to buy from our state run liquor stores.

Not sure McK. Owner said township told her to close, as she was ready to be open today, as she is closed on Sundays and Mondays. I had a sneaky suspicion, given the other day, older one said his one friend's sister is a hair salon worker, and was told not to come in for 2 weeks. I can see why, as I don't want my hair cut with the salon person 6 feet away from me. But I would feel safe enough, as it's a small salon, and I usually go at dinner time on a week day, so it's usually not crowded at that time. A class I need for my work was to be in the City beginning of April. It's been cancelled already, and no direction whether it'll be rescheduled or not. Grr. Will have to look for another class, hopefully being held in May or later in the Summer. And they usually don't have more than 50 or so people in the classes.

Still no direction on teleworking, so another commuting post may be seen tomorrow.

May all have a marvelous Monday.

And yeah,

481460 - every homie.

Lynne, the only reason we are switching Taco Bell nights is Mr Mac ate the pizza up before he went out for the day.

On Sundays we always order pizza from Dominos and Monday I make a salad to go along with the left over reheated pizza.

So switching TB night this week.

Keisha, hope all stays on the same schedule and your surgery still on for Friday.
You have waited a long time for it and I’m sure you just want to get it over with.
I hope your mom is doing better.
Scary she was in the hospital!
Glad she is back in her regular place.

schumi, hope your mum has a great birthday and receives many cards and calls today.
From what I have read online, it’s still iffy if flights will be up and running for your spring trip.
But still hopeful that trip can still be possible.

I need to read back in this thread to be current with what and who said what.
I’m lucky to post to a few as I can read some threads in the iPhone without backtracking to a page of postings.

I’m trying to catch up on some threads, caught a bug (annoying headache) from Mr Mac when he returned from Chili.

Trump on now, making recommendations to isolate but i’m Not reading any teeth in it if truth be told. Baby steps better than nothing I suppose

Ouch, for teeth issues. Just got a call from my hair salon, township is quitting them to close and allowed to reopen on the 31st. Thought I’d be legally blonde tomorrow, but alas a little more gray for now. Fine with me, as I won’t try to do it myself anymore, and was rescheduled on the 31st. I always thought the salon is good at being clean, which is one of the reasons I have been going there for years. And the small business owner called, and I feel bad for her, as rent and other expenses still have to be paid, with no income coming in.
Glad i snuck mine in last week, already on 4 months. When the mr starts to comment, you now it’s bad. Hope the 2 week delay works out for you. Yes, its so problematic for those with lose of income, so many in service industry. Hopefully, the government will agree on that small stipend they’ve been tossing around. $1,000 is just enough to keep many going for a few weeks to a month without a paycheck

Not the best thing to tell mum on her birthday today.......
Aw, that’s a shame
Keisha it is domino’s that will deliver and allow no contact with the driver
It’s the only food place that is doing that now

We are switching nights and making today Taco Bell day
No grubhub or uber eats there? Many smaller diner type places repurposed their wait staff to do deliveries in the city. A win-win there.
I hope everything works out on Friday. A lot of dental practices are taking emergencies/serious cases only.
They told me i’m Still on the schedule, fingers crossed. But if i wasn’t utterly miserable would cancel on my own accord
Well, our whole state is now on lockdown for 2 weeks. All non essential businesses are urged to closed.
Not sure how that's going to affect us now.
PA? Hadn’t heard that.
Keisha, hope all stays on the same schedule and your surgery still on for Friday.
You have waited a long time for it and I’m sure you just want to get it over with.
I hope your mom is doing better.
Scary she was in the hospital!
Glad she is back in her regular place.
So far, so good at nursing home. I was scared, had no plan B if truth be told.

Regular dentist is in same town as where my youngest son lives. They declared a state of emergency on Saturday & the girls tell me they were issued a cease & desist today. They are on the phone with their lawyer at this point & health dept. Ugh. Did call me in another round of antibiotics he said should lessen the pain/pressure.

Well, our whole state is now on lockdown for 2 weeks. All non essential businesses are urged to closed.

Don’t know either but finally allowed to telework. Will do at least for this week. Figured it was only time before our state was all in lockdown.

Great photos of Titusville! We like to antique there from time to time. Also, my family grew up there so they like the popular restaurants such as Dixie Crossroads and Kelsey.

Also, those eats look good. I've always wanted to eat at Liberty Tree Inn. Maybe some day.

@bobbie68 I hope things work out and are feeling better soon! @cam757 glad to hear you're feeling better.

Hope all the homies are having a good Monday!

No grubhub or uber eats there? Many smaller diner type places repurposed their wait staff to do deliveries in the city. A win-win there.
I have seen the signs at some eateries places in the town next to us but Domino’s is the only place where you do not have to open the door to receive your delivery.
I don’t use apps or buy online.
For Domino’s, I call my order in and other places call it in and pick it up.

Sending you Mummy Dust all goes smooth for your surgery.

Happy giant panda day! In honor of the day here is a picture of a panda that looks like he's facepalming.

Had a pretty good day today. I went to Target when they opened at 8:00. They had about 6 packages of TP on the shelves. I grabbed a 12 roll pack and held onto it like it was gold. When I got home from work dh had this surprise for me.
He just happened to be in Walmart while they were restocking. I think we will be okay now.

Well didn't get much done today. Not feeling great. I sent my husband out for a few things at the store and he came back with shell shock. He said he never seen a store so bare. It didn't even compare to the worst Hurricane. I am going to try to run to Walmart before work tomorrow to get what he couldn't find.
I am sorry you are not feeling well. Yeah, the stores are crazy right now. I was in Walmart this morning and they were out of the cheap Ramen noodles.

Hi everyone...I am really feeling pretty bad right now. The pain blocker wore off and I feel like I was run over back and forth with a truck. I have muscle weakeness to begin with so all that trauma to the muscles is bad!! I can't take any of the pain pills they gave me I will get sick. Just using advil and tylenol. All the brusing is starting in the abdomen. Brian is taking good care of me and the house. The teens are helping too.
I hope you are able to find a pain medication that works for you.

LOL......sounds like he was shopping for snacks for movie watching.
I think you are right.

I was sitting across the river from the NASA Assembly Building on Banana River. That view faces the front of the NAB building and launch pad 39 A is to the right of the NAB building a piece. Was there with my neighbor..... who is a member of the Rocket SISTERS.......LOL....that is what she, our neighbor across the street and myself call each other......as we were always going up to catch the rocket launches together when we could.
Somewhere I have a really nice picture of the VAB taken many, many years ago. I think the last time I was at the Space Center B was 2 years old.

I like sticky toffee pudding!!! ::yes::

Here’s some from Liberty Tree at MK!!
I have never had that before, but it looks really good.

I think the panic buying of others worries me more than the darn virus.
Same here. I was getting worried about the TP.

Rough week here, death in family and mom woundup in hospital.
I am so sorry about the loss of your family member. Sending well wishes for your mother.

Little one called. Seems her teachers are not very happy with this teaching online. Yeah, well it is what it is. They should be more like my DH. He already emailed his students what they have to turn in for the semester. If they do, good grade for them. He does not like to do tests online. And he used to teach online for a different school.
I wonder how many professors are scrambling to adapt their classes to online. DH won;t have a problem, but I know may of the profs at his school have never taught online.

So sorry. I understand the disappointment.

I have a feeling we may be headed that way soon.

I need to go fix dinner. It will be chicken enchiladas tonight.

Oh, some really good news. The president of B's university has come to his senses and most classes will be going online for the foreseeable future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter