• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: Just stopping in for a quick visit.

I'm glad to see that everyone seems to be holding up in all of what feels like a kind of organzied chaos.

Bobbie...I sure hope you are able to get the pain sorted out. That is the worst when you are trying to recover.

Anyone else who is currently trying to recover from all the illnesses and any surgeries or procedures...I hope it all goes good for you too

I was very sad to watch some online youtubers live streaming some of the last fireworks in Disney.

Our schools in our province are now officially closed until Sept. All marks that the kids have now will be final marks. Anyone in grade 12 that has to write a government exam will have that ability in June, and all university is moving to completing their terms online.

People are in panic mode here too. I just wish people would remember that grocery stores will be an essential service and won't close. They will restrict hours and who can access them on certain days...but for now, people need to stop panicking.

Not what to make for supper tonight...I'm thinking it's left over chinese food from last night. and maybe a couple other things that I could eat to clean out the fridge.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

That is what our local township said of our schools too, DisneyLife. I fully expect another week after that, and since Easter is early, I can see bringing them back after Easter break.

Thankfully, B will be home. Happy to know B will join the other college kids finishing this semester online, rather than be exposed to others on campus that may have increased her risk. At least one of littke one’s teachers is reasonable. Assigning homework that has to be turned in every week, by the end of what time the class met.

Our dinner used the rest of the leftover rice from Chinese food Saturday dinner. Added to stir fried steak, that I had cut up into small pieces. Added some canned corn and red peppers, I had cut up. One pan meal, check. Tasty, too.

Yay, pajama morning for me. No need to get business clothes on. One thing I really like about telework. The connection, frustrating at times. We have been warned, connecting may be interrupted, and don’t send lots of stuff via email. Here is hoping no issues for me tomorrow.

Hi Pumpkin. Happy to hear from ya. Yeah, all the students are getting a raw deal. While fun to be off, I would think seniors must be stressing about final year, maybe no prom, no in person graduating, and enough time studying for AP tests.

Ouch! What town/district?
Ours here in the Houston area has only committed to this week, but I'm afraid it's gonna be quite a bit longer. Our business is heavily dependent on the school business. Scary times!
Stay safe out there!!!

When I got home from work dh had this surprise for me.
Yay!! You got toilet paper! It is like gold right now.
Oh, some really good news. The president of B's university has come to his senses and most classes will be going online for the foreseeable future.
That is great news!
I was very sad to watch some online youtubers live streaming some of the last fireworks in Disney.
I was watching a few last night too. It was sad. I saw some of the Epcot performers also.
Our schools in our province are now officially closed until Sept. All marks that the kids have now will be final marks. Anyone in grade 12 that has to write a government exam will have that ability in June, and all university is moving to completing their terms online.
Are you in Canada? I'm not familiar with a government exam?
Well I just got an email that our schools are closed with no date for return, only that every 2 weeks they will assess the situation.
Oh boy. That's what ours is supposed to be also.
That is what our local township said of our schools too, DisneyLife. I fully expect another week after that, and since Easter is early, I can see bringing them back after Easter break.
I'm thinking the same; that it will be at least until after Easter before they re evaluate.

Not a night owl 🦉 Charade, sorry. Am an early riser though. And with a rainy start, enjoying my tea with lounge wear on. Thankfully we can work from home right now

Aw, not only little one’s school, but a second university in the city have also canceled commencement. Sad times.

Buckeev, I am sorry this is making it hard to do business. Scary times, indeed.

With that, unless Mac wants to make another Taco Bell run, you will have to get your taco another way on this Taco Tuesday. If I want some from a Taco Bell, it will be a drive through, as at least if you want to dine out, you can car dine or take home. But since we have tortillas, and chicken, guess our dinner will be home made chicken tacos.

Either way, have a totally nice Tuesday, and eat a 🌮 or two.

15B22967-532F-4836-B750-962E69D4B1E5.gif

mac.....hope you feel better! Chile is a country Kyle was planning to visit, until recently......lol.....and yes, Domino’s here are doing the no contact delivery. Domino’s over here is dreadful though, so we’d never use them. Our kind of local pizza place is amazing.....bit of a trek for us, but worth it.

And thanks, mum did have a lovely birthday yesterday......my sister, bro in law and niece took her out for a meal. She’s disappointed we’re not going up for bro in laws special birthday but we’ll see her as soon as we can. My niece sent me a video of her on whatsapp.....so that was nice. She looks fab for 85!!

mrose......yes, it’s for the best not to go up. Your dad is 80 and still wants to go to the gym??? Lol......we do turn into parenting our parents......hope he does ok.

Keisha.......good luck today with the dentist! Hope it helps the issue and then you haven’t long till Friday! Steaks will be back on the menu soon........

No St Patrick’s celebrations here......never quite got that one.

Had to go and get some groceries for the farmer next to us, well, didn’t have to but we offered. Their son is away right now, and they are both a little unwell right now. So, we braved the grocery stores for the perishables they needed.......it is still manic. lines for the checkouts at that time of the morning here are very unusual.

I did find some pasta in our local store, so will admit to buying some of that for us, but we bought two packs. Not twenty like the family beside us tried to do!! Store staff stopped them.

Farm shops around here and local meat places have plenty of food too.

Home now and trying to decide what to have for lunch......dinner is roast spiced chicken thighs......maybe roast potatoes or coconut rice.

Have a great Tuesday........

You always have lush sounding meals, Schumi. I am sorry mum did not have all the family there, but was nice to see how happy she was with those who could take her out for her birthday. Tough times for so many. And yeah, I am not one to stock up, as all selling food around me are generally open. Plus, I have a very small kitchen, so no reason to stock up to the hilt. I mostly buy the basics for about a week’s worth, and get the perishable items every couple of days. I do buy meats in bulk sometimes, as steaks and chicken can be used so many ways. Though I keep to 5 pounds or less, as no one likes when I defrost those items. I do buy frozen vegetables and fruit, and those no one complains when they are defrosted and cooked or used in something else.

Ah food. Nary a kid is up, so just toasted a piece of rye bread and buttered it. Maybe my older one will make me some eggs when he gets up. Still raining and roads sound wet. Weather guy said we will have a drier afternoon, so may be a good time to just sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Hope all homies have a good morning. Hi Dix! Hope your online classes are going well. Hope Schumi is having a nice afternoon.

And my city is large enough, there are many different homies, so it is usual to have a St. Patrick Day parade, though never a huge one. And with quite a few Irish bars to be found along the route, it’s a very lively one. But with the limit of 10 people together at a time, and the bars closed, no parade to be found. And if any homie in my state wants hard liquor, last chance today. At least we can still find wine and beer in grocery stores and some other open food places. Eh. I am not a drinker, and we still have an almost full liquor cabinet. No reason to do that dash to the liquor store, thankfully.

Morning,
I admit I'm feeling sort of anxious today, which is not like me. Worrying about hubby still having to work while other places closed.

Anyone else awake now? I can’t sleep.
I was awake at that time, but didn't check DIS, sorry. I couldn't sleep well and finally fell asleep around 3-ish, only to have one of my dogs start moving around a lot at around 4. I knew something was up because he's a good sleeper and is in the bed with us. He just couldn't get comfortable and finally at 5:30-ish he got sick. I knew it was heading that way so I had a towel ready, but yuck! He seems ok right now, just tired and I have no idea why he got sick. We're really careful and strict with what we give the dogs. He's my little one at 7 pounds.
Aw, not only little one’s school, but a second university in the city have also canceled commencement. Sad times.
We're still waiting to hear about graduation also. So far, nothing. I'm feeling like everything in May, including graduation and our trip, are probably going to be a no-go. Poor kids.
But since we have tortillas, and chicken, guess our dinner will be home made chicken tacos.
I forgot it was Tuesday but we're making tacos anyway. The really good fried tacos my Mexican friend taught me how to make that are probably really bad for you since they're fried, but I don't care! LOL! I don't make them often so this will be a treat.
mrose......yes, it’s for the best not to go up. Your dad is 80 and still wants to go to the gym??? Lol......we do turn into parenting our parents......hope he does ok.
Yes, he loves to go to the gym and also to the mall to walk and hang out with the other older men and talk. He already went for a ride today to see what's open, I don't think to go in, but just to see. He needs to be busy and if it was summer he would be working in his garden. We do turn into parenting our parents!

I might go for a ride later too. There's a coronavirus testing site not too far from me and I just want to pass it and see if it's busy. We got our instructions via email, hospital announcements, and city announcements for what to do if you feel sick, the phone number to call or video conference, and where the testing sites are. They don't want us going to the doctor's office, hospitals or urgent care facilities.

Stay well!

I’m wearing my green today. Mr came home from work yesterday laughing. He passes a large beer distributor (in PA we have to visit to get a case & state liquor store for strong spirits as Lynne mentions below). Said it had a line as long as any costco to get inside. We all have our Priorities

Dentist has shuttered to all but emergencies on a case by case basis. His wife is home, end of life, has been touch & go since before Xmas, I get his priorities. He has 5 kids. Said if the tooth isn’t extracted on Friday, we’ll reassess things. I’m taking another round of antibiotics he prescribed. I’m still smiling, see, :)

View attachment 481456 have to say YUM! Bet Keisha's house is smelling good with that pot of meatballs.

What? Mac doing a Taco Bell run on a Monday? Eeek! Actually, I almost asked the kids if we wanted to do the Taco Bell drive through window, as we were near there yesterday. That was a no, as we enjoyed those home made hamburgers for later dinner, as no one was hungry as we passed Taco Bell by earlier in the afternoon.

Yay! Schumi has her wine ready. And so sorry to hear Scotland is a no go, but understandable, and I wish your mum a happy birthday a bit early.
Just saw lol yes, I do love the smell of sauce simmering :)
Know a few people here on different local school boards. They are waiting to see how the next few weeks pan out ( & whether the dept of education would be onboard) but are considering calling it for this school year.
Anyone else awake now? I can’t sleep.
I was on both ends of that sleep last night. Figure i’ll Sleep like a rock tonight :)
And my city is large enough, there are many different homies, so it is usual to have a St. Patrick Day parade, though never a huge one. And with quite a few Irish bars to be found along the route, it’s a very lively one. But with the limit of 10 people together at a time, and the bars closed, no parade to be found. And if any homie in my state wants hard liquor, last chance today. At least we can still find wine and beer in grocery stores and some other open food places. Eh. I am not a drinker, and we still have an almost full liquor cabinet. No reason to do that dash to the liquor store, thankfu
We have one of the largest St P parade here, always on saturday. was cancelled last week.

Wonder if the liquor would sub for hand sanitizer lol

Shame about the dentist today Janet.......Yep, keep smiling....it’ll soon be Friday!!

We are fortunate in the UK we can buy our booze anywhere at more or less anytime. Only from 10am till 4pm on Sunday’s in England. But all grocery stores and little shops all carry a large line of everything. We order most wine online from wine merchants, but have been known to pick up a few instore on occasion.

Lovely day here, had a few loads of washing out on the line and it’s all dried nicely. Sun is shining, but clouds are appearing from over the hills behind us........

And family party on Friday has been cancelled now, so don’t feel so bad about cancelling going up this week. Will still miss everyone though......

Time for mid afternoon cuppa and maybe a chocolate or two out of the big box now not being taken up to Scotland.......:rolleyes1

Ha ha is right Keisha, re: lines and yep, get that high proof alcohol and be happy and have a hand sanitizer. Thought I saw in news an alcoholi plant switching from bottle of beer to hand sanitizers. Never knew they could do that. Did know a story of water made into wine, though. :)

Interesting about end if school may be already. I know a private school has gone to online classes, though their Spring Break is next week. I wonder if they will extend it past the week it is, or other. A haha, my niece is in 1st grade there. Their class gets online together to mostly say hello to each other. The one kid said it’s hot out as I am at my grandma’s house. Yeah, his grandma’s house is in Florida. Hmm, guess some were taking that cheap airfare.

And hope your teeth issue can wait and you do get fixed on Friday.

Ooh I am joining with Schumi in that I need a refill of my tea. And with a chocolate or two. Perfect combo in my book.

Good Morning! Hope everyone is well and fully stocked. It sure is crazy times. Makes me wonder about times like when the Spanish flu and typhoid were wreaking havoc and people were on their own for support.

Home today. May run out to see if I can find a corned beef anywhere. The city has closed the offices for 2 weeks but I will still go in on my scheduled days.

And thanks, mum did have a lovely birthday yesterday......my sister, bro in law and niece took her out for a meal. She’s disappointed we’re not going up for bro in laws special birthday but we’ll see her as soon as we can. My niece sent me a video of her on whatsapp.....so that was nice. She looks fab for 85!!

Glad your mum had a nice birthday. Sorry you had to miss it but that was so nice that you were able to see video of the celebration.

Had to go and get some groceries for the farmer next to us, well, didn’t have to but we offered. Their son is away right now, and they are both a little unwell right now. So, we braved the grocery stores for the perishables they needed.......it is still manic. lines for the checkouts at that time of the morning here are very unusual

Very thoughtful!

Wonder if the liquor would sub for hand sanitizer lol

Read that some craft liquor distillers are making hand sanitizer with their alcohol. Lol!

It's almost over, but Happy St. Patrick's Day. I don't really celebrate, but I am wearing a green shirt today. There is Irish in my family on my father's side. I had an Irish last name until I got married.

I've spent the last 2 days researching telehealth for my office. It l;oops like most insurance companies will cover it, but each has a different way of billing.

I went out today to purchase some extra towels since we will have B home for awhile. It was eerie how few people were In the store.

B is upset that she can't return to school. This actually makes me happy. I was so worried when she started college since she had never been away from home more then one night. I am so glad that she loves dorm life.

I'm going to go watch some mindless TV and hopefully get some better sleep tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter