• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 534006
but, who’s counting?

View attachment 534007

So warm already today. if I squint can almost convince myself it’s summer aaaaah

Never heard that term - engagement anniversary, cute. Nice you were able to have a great trip celebrating

Fingers crossed cruising commences sooner vs. later. I’m waiting to see a solid 6 months of event free cruising from the more intrepid travelers before I dive back in
If anything, it flew past

You are doing your patriotic duty to stimulate the Economy

:headache: Nonsensical! Although, the the hodgepodge of guidelines here to wade thru not surprised. Assume since living that close that she’d in your social bubble & ok, at least following masks & distancing protocols?

A day without mac
Is a day without sunshine

can’t remember what ad campaign from which I cribbed that lol

Yes, it was. I bought a Harry Potter introduction to coding kit for GD last year. Very fun must say & has dropped by half Under $50 now
View attachment 534011

the good middle school elementary programs here were starting introduce it in middle school Makes me feel like a 🦖

Sadly, curriculum appears to have been a bit dumbed down tho, back to the basics/review stuff to get the majority back up to speed. Guessing that’s not uncommon fact now

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Halloween Countdown.......and the MM meme too......class!!!!

Yes, keeping the British end up is a good justification for spending........

Rainy and cold day here today! Curled up under a blanket trying to work. Hubby is bringing home Jimmy John's for lunch though so won't have to leave my comfy warm spot to make something yay!

Nephews are bummed that Trick or treating is canceled this year. Trying to think of something fun to do with them instead - thinking about sending a care package with some goodies and fun activities. But I know all you folks love Halloween and are more creative than I am - any good ideas out there of things I can do?

Stay warm and safe homies! Mac I'll get the bacon going for dinner so you can stay around. ;)

Sounds cosy Elsa.......

Did someone mention bacon........... :rotfl:

Sweet!!

Only a homie would do that for me.....:thanks:

::yes::

Had to come home early from shopping today. We ordered some stuff from a place up in Stornoway way up in the Islands off the top of Scotland.......best black pudding in the world comes from there, Tom also ordered some haggis and various cheeses and few other things. Supposed to come tomorrow after midday.

Got an email to say it would be delivered in 2 hours.......so got back home in time to meet the delivery man.....glad we didn`t miss him.

Lots of lovely goodies to devour......Tom had haggis for dinner tonight........a few tablespoons is enough for me, not the biggest fan, but theirs is gorgeous I have to say.

I made myself some cheese selections and crackers with chutney.......wasn`t very hungry.

It`s turning a little colder now......

Time for a cup of tea and a very sugary sweet looking Butterscotch cake from our parcel today........

Good news for those at Universal this weekend....The Cinematic Celebration is back on.......it`s on the Universal and other sites.........will be interesting to see how they deal with that.......9.45 start time......first since the parks opened back up again.......:cheer2:

Last edited:
Tom had haggis for dinner tonigh
:oops: Have only heard of, to the point where I was afraid to do a search to see what it looks like lol. But hope he enjoyed his comfort food.

I had a request from the middle to make my taco salad. It uses Catalina dressing as a base believe it or not. Forgot how much chopping is involved in that one. Only thing left to do is break up the Doritos. Yes, it’s a low calorie dish :rolleyes1

Good evening. I am preparing to be up half the night. I took a 2 hour nap when I got home from work today. Dh has turned on a football game and then promptly fell asleep.

I still have not seen an official announcement from the university, but our local news reported today that spring break has been cancelled and it has been removed from all school calendars. It looks like we will be moving our trip to May sometime after graduation.

Hi everyone! Sorry its been a while since I checked in!
Hi Elsa!

Too bad you don’t get a finder’s fee
Agreed. I think I should ask for a raise though.

No issue at yak & yeti in AK:sail:Ah, the spice of life Lol
That's one of the restaurants I am considering for our upcoming trip. I want to try some restaurants that we haven't been to before.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! I appreciate it! It was a good birthday indeed. We spent 4 days at Disney and then hopped over to UOR (RPR) to celebrate engagement anniversary and birthday tradition.
Happy belated birthday!

Seattle dd needed a battery this week too. Her car died when she and housemates went out to Sonic. Over prepared hubs had put a portable battery charger in her car and she managed to get car restarted. But this is why we have a high level of coverage with AAA- with me usually on the road an hour from home, and now with kids on opposite coasts it gives us a bit of peace of mind JIC.
This seems to be the week for dead batteries. As I was getting someone to help me jump my car a AAA truck pulled into he parking lot. Another person in our building also had a dead battery.

Do has decided sitting on back of my chair is a good way to get attention. Usually he crams in beside me and hangs 1/2 body over arm and falls asleep. Sue I think your doggies are a better size for snuggles! Good to hear they are better!
Cute dog.

Kids not coming on our trip Lynne! Nanna and Grandpa having a break on our own (still looking hopeful). Will not pack until the day before but have started a list so I can just pull everything together
Hope you have a nice, child free trip.

Soon in little over a week I'll be the HRH! So excited! I haven't been at the HRH for years. It's my favorite for not only theming reasons, but nostalgic reasons now with the very few times I've gone when younger.
What a nice getaway. DH wants to stay there the next time we go to Universal.

Nephews are bummed that Trick or treating is canceled this year. Trying to think of something fun to do with them instead
That's a shame. I have seen a few memes that say if adults can pick up drive thru food then kids should be able to trick or treat. I'm not sure what they are doing in my area. We stopped participating because we only got 4-5 kids come by.

Almost half time. I should wake up dh and tell him to go to bed.

:oops: Have only heard of, to the point where I was afraid to do a search to see what it looks like lol. But hope he enjoyed his comfort food.

I had a request from the middle to make my taco salad. It uses Catalina dressing as a base believe it or not. Forgot how much chopping is involved in that one. Only thing left to do is break up the Doritos. Yes, it’s a low calorie dish :rolleyes1

Yeah, it doesn`t look the nicest of food......a few bites is really enough for me as long as it is very peppery......couldn`t eat a full meal with it. Don`t know many Scots who do actually eat it despite some folks thinking that`s what Scots eat all the time......

Oh that does sound like a very healthy low calorie dish.......lol......

Good evening. I am preparing to be up half the night. I took a 2 hour nap when I got home from work today. Dh has turned on a football game and then promptly fell asleep.

I still have not seen an official announcement from the university, but our local news reported today that spring break has been cancelled and it has been removed from all school calendars. It looks like we will be moving our trip to May sometime after graduation.

Hi Elsa!

Agreed. I think I should ask for a raise though.

That's one of the restaurants I am considering for our upcoming trip. I want to try some restaurants that we haven't been to before.

Happy belated birthday!

This seems to be the week for dead batteries. As I was getting someone to help me jump my car a AAA truck pulled into he parking lot. Another person in our building also had a dead battery.

Cute dog.

Hope you have a nice, child free trip.

What a nice getaway. DH wants to stay there the next time we go to Universal.

That's a shame. I have seen a few memes that say if adults can pick up drive thru food then kids should be able to trick or treat. I'm not sure what they are doing in my area. We stopped participating because we only got 4-5 kids come by.

Almost half time. I should wake up dh and tell him to go to bed.

Hope they make an announcement soon so you can get planning, sounds like they need to get more organised to let folks know what`s happening.

Slept for so long last night. Went to bed early as I was so tired, slept right through till 7.30 this morning......love a good sleep like that.

Looks a beautiful day outside albeit a bit chilly, but sun is shining. Heading into town again as bedding I ordered to be made up have come into the store, so will pick them up today and have a quick roam round town while we`re there. Still looking for a couple of picture frames......managed to get three, but still need some more new ones.

BLT`s for lunch.........mac.....yooohoooooo......🥓🥓🥓

No idea what`s for dinner tonight........maybe spicy meatballs with linguine......and it`s Friday.....::yes:: Yep, still get that weekend feeling!!!

cv48-XL.jpg

cv61-XL.jpg

cv63-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday.............​

Good Morning Schumi. We have fog yet again, and a ground hog day.

Third day with similar warm 70’s temp, and dense foggy morning. I will take it though, as cold front trying to arrive this weekend, and 43 will be the predicted high on Sunday. Eek, will feel cool then. But predicted to be a one shot of cool, as by Monday, Southernly warm air arrives to keep us in a period of rainy 60’s. Welcome to our Fall. Thank goodness not that October snow the far NW and mid West is enjoying. Elsa, hope you have warmer weather now, to melt that snow.

Ah, a Friday. Thought I needed a long weekend, so an up early but no need to get moving fast. Tea, of course, still. Yay.

Gotta go, make sure little one is up for her class this coming hour, and are moving now too, as will follow older one, as he wants to drop his car off for service, as while you used to be able to stay and wait, well, not now. So will take him fo pick up some breakfast after we drop off the car. Will hang out at my Dsis‘s place, as it is closer to the car place than our home, until it is ready.

Fabulous Friday homies. Yay the weekend is arriving soon!

Happy Friday all.

We were up and out early today - estate agents, Dad’s, lock up and charity shop before 11 - we had 2 parcels delivered to porch pinged us while out so we nipped home to put them safely inside before meeting DS and DIL at the Picturedrome again for lunch. One is a Disney shop delivery can’t wait to check that one out later.

We had to be outdoors for lunch under heaters but it is a lovely day and we didn’t feel cold. All chose from different stands but all lovely choices - think Alex’s chicken shawarma looked the tastiest though Kev’s dessert of carrot & walnut muffin with butterscotch frosting looked amazing. Full pot of tea for me as I had a bad tummy all last night so avoiding the coffee.

L is off school today so she's had a girly day out with her Mummy and they will collect J on their way back here shortly.

The new Secret Garden movie premieres tonight on Sky so we are going to watch that and have Fishy Friday takeout later - a very lazy day for Nanna in the kitchen today!

Hope everyone is heading to a peaceful weekend x

Good morning everyone. I thought I wouldn't sleep last night, but I guess I really needed it. I went to sleep shortly after midnight, woke up briefly around 4:00, went back to sleep and slept until 9:30. I did have several weird dreams about Disney though.

Right now I am about 99% sure that there won't be a spring break. B took the news better than I expected. I think it softened the blow when I immediately told her that we would definitely reschedule the trip. DH and I need to sit down and figure out exactly when we will be going. It looks like May 16-23 is a good possibility. I am trying to "look on the bright side" and consider the advantages.

The room rates will be lower.
We have more time to pay off the vacation.
I have more time to get into shape for all that walking.
Dh and B won't have to miss any class time. (We were planning to leave the day before spring break started.)

My main concern is the air fare. We purchased the cheapest seats. I don't if we will be able to change the dates, and if we can, what the airline will charge us for it.

I guess I need to get up and start my day. I have a mountain of laundry calling my name.

Good morning everyone. I thought I wouldn't sleep last night, but I guess I really needed it. I went to sleep shortly after midnight, woke up briefly around 4:00, went back to sleep and slept until 9:30. I did have several weird dreams about Disney though.

Right now I am about 99% sure that there won't be a spring break. B took the news better than I expected. I think it softened the blow when I immediately told her that we would definitely reschedule the trip. DH and I need to sit down and figure out exactly when we will be going. It looks like May 16-23 is a good possibility. I am trying to "look on the bright side" and consider the advantages.

Dh and B won't have to miss any class time. (We were planning to leave the day before spring break started.)

My main concern is the air fare. We purchased the cheapest seats. I don't if we will be able to change the dates, and if we can, what the airline will charge us for it.

I guess I need to get up and start my day. I have a mountain of laundry calling my name.

Yep, there`s always a bright side, May is a wonderful time to visit the parks......hope you can get it sorted soon.

You know you`re tired when you nap for too long but still sleep at night........

Did the AP holders get the email asking you not to visit Universal the next couple of weekends?

Asking you to visit during the week if you are flexible........going to be busy. Parks are expected to reach their limited capacity leading up to Halloween......

Had a chatty afternoon......caught up with a few friends, including one in Orlando and had a good old catch up.......enjoyed the BLT`s for lunch......decided to make meatballs and pasta for dinner, well, Deli bought fresh pasta.....the deli makes it so good, I couldn`t do better. And maybe choose a nice robust red wine......

Nothing on tv we want to watch tonight.....3000 channels and nothing on! Will find a DVD to scare the bejeesus out of us........as long as it`s not horrifically gory like Saw or Hostel type movies, can`t watch them at all, but a good old horror/suspense one........lights out candles on!!

Hope your Friday is a good one.......

Yep, got that email said important news from USOAP too Schumi. Yeah, would not want to be in those crowds. I did do one weekend there, and yes, was the most crowded I saw my 12 days there.

Day of cleaning for me
+
cleaning gutters for the mr
+
80 degree temps
=
5 guys for dinner
:sunny:
Blew the fuse and maintenance had to come out (oops).
Dh and B won't have to miss any class time. (We were planning to leave the day before spring break started
Less crowds too, even memorial weekend usually No issue

Yeah, would not want to be in those crowds.
Well if I could click my heels together, I’d give it a whirl lol

What is the Landry's card?

Well, after talking it over with dh we decided to take the plunge and reschedule for May. The new trip dates are May 22-31. I was worried about rescheduling the flight, but dh was able to change the flight with no penalty. He actually found a lower rate for May, so we will be getting a $60 credit. The one drawback is that our flight home is at 6:00 in the morning.

It’s a restaurant chain discount for quite a few places
I’ve used it for Bubba Gump.
Morton’s steak house is another eatery that accepts the Landry card discount

There are more places on the list but can’t remember the others

I forgot to mention that while I was out today I got a call that showed as potential fraud. I didn't answer, so the person left a voicemail message stating that I must call as soon as I get this message. If I don't call they will issue an arrest warrant in my name and have me arrested. So if you don't hear from me for awhile...............

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Last edited:
Morning all - breezy here this morning. Hoping rain holds off while we do a pumpkin trail at another National Trust property this morning. Will have wellingtons and waterproofs on as definitely rain heading this way.

Charade - apparently that call is all around the UK too. Not had it ourselves but lots of warnings out to ignore it.

So many scammers and awful things around - seems like more since Covid. An elderly lady was robbed in broad daylight in Alderley Edge (next village from us) yesterday having taken cash out from a machine she was in a shop browsing and hadn’t fastened her bag and a man just dipped in and took her purse. Must have been watching her. All on cctv just disgusting.

We didn’t get to watch Secret Garden last night as we are later and began watching a game show that we had 3 episodes of “The Cube” as J loves challenge ones. So we can have that as a plan when we return later.

Will try and get a couple of pictures of Biddulph Grange. It’s a beautiful gardens.

Have a good Saturday x

I forgot to mention that while I was out today I got a call that showed as potential fraud. I didn't answer, so the person left a voicemail message stating that I must call as soon as I get this message. If I don't call they will issue an arrest warrant in my name and have me arrested. So if you don't hear from me for awhile...............

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh my goodness.......do people actually still fall for that today!!!! Surely everyone and their granny know it`s a scam.........I`m sure you`re safe enough Charade........lol.......

Yep, rain heading this way from the West for us tonight.......looks to be getting heavy where you are realfood, you`ll need those wellies! I remember driving to the Treacle Market few years ago with cousins who live in AE. Someone tried to snatch my cousins bag there. Happens everywhere sadly.

Rain to hit us later........right now it`s very windy and we have decided to have a day in.....again.

Watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Dead Silence last night.......first one was good, second one was dumb, even though it had creepy ventriliquist dummies in it.

Tonight, it`s Insidious 1 and 2. They are quite creepy.......hoping the movie channels have some scary ones on offer this week as it`s Halloween next Saturday......so far movies have sucked. Nothing much else on tv right now. We don`t really watch a lot of general tv to be honest.

Our clocks go back early hours tomorrow morning.....or like most folks we know....do it before we go to bed......love that extra hour!!!

Had a large breakfast about 15 minutes ago, so won`t need lunch today........bacon, yep, bacon mac, potato scones, fruit pudding, black pudding and eggs.......Tom cooked it all and served it up for us.......and it was delicious. It`s too much food to do it regularly, but now and again it`s nice. Most of the products were from the place up in Stornoway, delicious.

Indian takeout tonight.........looking forward to that.

cv79-XL.jpg

cv71-M.jpg

Final copy of a day. Foggy morning, mostly overcast day. But you know that cold weather is coming, as maybe 70, or even just 69, as the high temp today, Then tomorrow, much cooler and rain boots needed. But today at least another day for no jackets and shorts wearing.

Hey, yep,
5813E6D4-EB49-4A35-93BF-22161EAFB03B.jpeg ::yes::

So Good Morning to a wellie wearing Julie, having pumpkin trail fun. And a Good Morning to Schumi, enjoying scary movies and feeling very full from that hearty breakfast.

Ah yes, enjoy hearing the mornings of homies as I start mine. Yes, that routine Saturday where a quiet house, a cup of tea, and the remote. Did pick up waffles, so off to pop them in the toaster. A bigger breakfast will be when older one gets up. I think little one will eat the last bagel. Eggs she will not eat. Well, unless I save some egg whites to cook when making scrambled eggs for older one and I.

Follow on homies, a day to relax I hope for each and every homie. Yep, 58BCF090-2DB1-44C7-B44E-D8B216711E28.png::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter