Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Hey all, can anyone report on using Magic Bands while on this trip? I know that they have installed some touch points at Disneyland, but not sure what level. Would they be able to put our tickets on our Magic Bands? We have a lot of MB+ and MB2s lying around the house we'd love to bring along if there's actually any value.
The "old style" magic bands do not work at Disneyland at all. However, you can use the MB+ for some things. All you need to do is link your MB+ to your Disneyland account; I found it easy to link using the Disneyland app. I just want to also mention that if you do this, there is no impact on how the MB+ will work at Disney World.

I was in Disneyland last month (December), and at that time, you were still unable to use your MB+ to unlock your room doors. And I also *think* we weren't able to use them for room charges. Basically, you can use the MB+ to tap in for theme park admission, to redeem your lightning lanes, etc. And they have many of the same cool interactive features you might be familiar with at WDW.

I hope they get the issues worked out so that you can use the MB+ as a room key and for making charges - that would really enhance the benefits of the bands.

The "old style" magic bands do not work at Disneyland at all. However, you can use the MB+ for some things. All you need to do is link your MB+ to your Disneyland account; I found it easy to link using the Disneyland app. I just want to also mention that if you do this, there is no impact on how the MB+ will work at Disney World.

I was in Disneyland last month (December), and at that time, you were still unable to use your MB+ to unlock your room doors. And I also *think* we weren't able to use them for room charges. Basically, you can use the MB+ to tap in for theme park admission, to redeem your lightning lanes, etc. And they have many of the same cool interactive features you might be familiar with at WDW.

I hope they get the issues worked out so that you can use the MB+ as a room key and for making charges - that would really enhance the benefits of the bands.
That would be great! We have till early April before our trip so I will pair our MB+ for one of each of us after we get back from DW. Thanks for the info.

That would be great! We have till early April before our trip so I will pair our MB+ for one of each of us after we get back from DW. Thanks for the info.
I think you should as long as you have them. We found it very convenient to tap turnstiles for lightning lanes.

Hey all, can anyone report on using Magic Bands while on this trip? I know that they have installed some touch points at Disneyland, but not sure what level. Would they be able to put our tickets on our Magic Bands? We have a lot of MB+ and MB2s lying around the house we'd love to bring along if there's actually any value.
My son used his MB+ and it worked everywhere like in WDW.

If there's time, we also enjoyed the WB Studio Tour. Thought it's a but pricey for what you see (and we did the most economical option). But we had a good time
Hi! How was your AbD in Dec? Any highlights?
Would you do it again?
If you prefer a DM pls let me know!
Thank you!
Diana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter