Southwest Airfare for the Fall

THREE hours?? OMG I can drive to the airport in 30 mins from home - literally, I can walk from work. If they bring back our old schedule, I promise to take the long way to airport to make it more fair. :car:

Well to be fair ......our closest airport is a little over an hour away . BUT its small , and Allegiant is the only carrier that fly's to Orlando ......and its Sanford . So we have to rent a car , plus its an hour away from WDW . Flights are usually one a day, and not every day either . Plus they are always way more expensive, plus they nickel and dime you to death . We do it on occasion , but if nothing works for our schedule or budget ..........BWI and Southwest it is !

We do the same...last two years it was cheaper for us to drive to BWI and stay over night (for that 6 am flight!!) then to fly out of PHL. Better prices and schedule out of BWI!

Yes, we can bounce back and forth between PHL and BWI fairly easy too . They are about an equal distance from our house. BWI is almost always cheaper and has WAY more flights to choose from. We haven't done PHL in years.
When we fly out to Disneyland , we have gotten some awesome fares out of Pitt into LAX with Southwest. Our last flight was just over $100pp each way non-stop . Plus we had entire rows to ourselves ...it was crazy .

I lucked out yesterday and got RT in Aug. for 189.00 pp on SW.....when my sister went back an hr or so to book prices went up!

On March 8 they will release the schedule to November 2. My trip is November 2-11. I'm 20 minutes from PHL and two hours from BWI. Sometimes BWI is much cheaper. It'll just be DD and myself so it might not be worth it to go to BWI to save $100 a person after you factor in gas, tolls and a hotel overnight. I might just buy one way on 11/2 out of PHL and wait for 11/11 to be released. I could always fly back home to BWI and have my SO pick us up. Decisions, decisions!

Same here. Told a friend so he could book his trip and prices went up , a lot! Both out of BWI and PHL....in a matter of hours? Crazy. Hopefully a fluke.

It happens all of the time with SW. The first few hours are the cheapest and once they sell a certain amount the prices rise and then after that they fluctuate day to day.

Why are some flights such a great deal, and others just so so sucky?? Flights from Grand Rapids, MI for our dates are $294 EACH WAY. Whaaaa???

I'm with you! I was on right when SW released and the cheapest was $324 for one way back to Portland, ME! We never get any deals up here!!

Well the fares from Boston/Manchester are awfully high right now for September. They're in the $480 RT range for when I want to go!!! I've never paid that high before on SW. Plus they cut down on the number Non-Stops from Manchester.

On March 8 they will release the schedule to November 2. My trip is November 2-11. I'm 20 minutes from PHL and two hours from BWI. Sometimes BWI is much cheaper. It'll just be DD and myself so it might not be worth it to go to BWI to save $100 a person after you factor in gas, tolls and a hotel overnight. I might just buy one way on 11/2 out of PHL and wait for 11/11 to be released. I could always fly back home to BWI and have my SO pick us up. Decisions, decisions!

When will they release for the rest of the year?

The prices are horrid. I’ve never paid near what they are charging, except during holiday periods. Like Disney they will charge what they can get I guess.

We flip between these two airports too! Same here except we are six so that ride to BWI can really pay off for us. We even found some back roads to avoid 95 and the dreaded tolls. I just checked southwest and now 36 hours later the airfare is three times what we paid!

I was pleasantly surprised to find decent airfare flying out of Norfolk in September—$158/pp to MCO. Not great, but a heck of a lot better than they were asking for this summer! Flying back it is only $101/pp.

The flights out of Norfolk to MCO this summer were so bad that we elected to fly out of Dulles instead!

Just booked our Labor Day trip this morning. Pittsburgh to MCO nonstop $90 each way! Woo hoo Yacht Club here we come :cool1:

Not too far off from you. 100 down, 90 back, same weekend, same airport. Glad it’s this cheap, since it hasn’t been the last few times we’ve went down!

Not sure where to post this, but, if you are planning on going in the Fall and you are flying from Philly, I just booked flights for $100 each way on Southwest Airlines.... great deal and bags are included.
what dates-general idea? we are in south jersey and those area great fares:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter