Southwest Ding - Specials on Wednesday!

Me too!!! :lmao: Well I don't have meetings, but I cancelled my plans.
Not to mention I couldn't sleep last night and woke up VERY early this morning to turn on my computer.

AND I even had a dream last night that I got a VERY good deal!!
I hope dreams come true!!

-nat

Shhhhhh....:rolleyes1 ......I'm at work, and I can't download Ding on my computer here. Maybe I should suddenly become sick and go home.

I am sitting here waiting, too, and I also checked my computer first thing when I got up. Here's hoping that they send some really great rates our way.

Oh the agony of the wait....I need to be doing something slightly more productive than staring at my DING icon today.... after 9:30 and still nothing....maybe it is just a cruel hoax!! (just kidding).

I have a feeling that with all the folks stalking these "very limited time offers" they may be very limited availability as well... and that's if they're even worth getting excited about to begin with. I'll reserve judgement on that one until the first offer hits.
;)

I did turn on the sound on my computer so I can check them out, but I'm pretty well set for all my airfare needs until December, and I doubt they'll release anything that far out.

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Don't even know why I'm excited-I got what i wanted (switching from MHT to PVD for my July 4 trip) yesterday.

On June 18, Listen for the DING!
Tue, 06/17/2008 - 22:47 — Paula Berg
URL:
http://www.blogsouthwest.com/news/on-june-18-listen-ding

Listen for the DING! As Southwest Airlines Celebrates 37 years of FUN

On Wednesday, June 18th, Southwest Airlines celebrates 37 years of flying by offering great DING! fares. Southwest will offer rates as low as $37 one-way (not available in all markets), for 37 minutes. Final offers will end before 7:37 p.m. These super-low fares will be offered five times throughout the day.

Subscribers will receive details on the promotion today via DING! Flights will be available for travel July 8 through October 30. Roundtrip airfare is not required to book flights. Listen for the DING! throughout the day for exciting low fares!

Using DING! is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Visit www.southwest.com, download the DING! application, and an icon representing the Southwest Airlines plane tail will display in the system tray – the lower right hand corner of the screen, where the network connection and time icons are located.

2. Once installed, DING! will automatically inform subscribers when super-low fares are available with the sound of a bell chime and the appearance of a small envelope above the DING! icon.

3. When subscribers hear the chime or see the envelope, they can click the DING! icon to find super-low fares available only to DING! subscribers.

Well I guess it's safe to leave the computer for a potty break! :surfweb: Too much coffee in anticpation of the big sale!

NO!!!! I work all morning too! :(

Gonna try to break away and check, but I am chained to my computer for sure between 10:15-11:45...I am an operator for California courtrooms (so attys can dial in for some appearances instead of braving the highway or looooonnnngggg lines in security at the courthouse) and I can just imagine interrupting a court mid case..."Excuse me your honor, but I have a DING!!!"

BIG FAVOR!!

Can someone post here or PM me if they see a BWI to Las Vegas???
I'd love to take DH for our 15th anniversary in Sept. But have nixed it since it's too expensive.

Thanks!

I am also hoping for a better rate. I am a little nervous about cancelling what we have for a party of five and then rebooking. :worried: I am glad to know that we can call Southwest and they will walk us through the process. I bet they will be busy today. Still waiting for them to post the prices.

I just saw someone on another board mention that they are probably waiting for the west cost to wake up so that everyone gets a chance.

yes - you can get a credit for the difference. the credit is good for 1 year.

you can do it thru the rapid reward portion of the site.
you follow the links
you need your confirmation #.

essentially, you enter your confirmation number and then book a new flight at he new price. the process cancels your old flight and creits you the difference.

if you need help, call 1 800 i fly swa and talk to rapid reward agent and they will walk you thru.

Can anyone give more information on this method....in the past when re-booking a flight with a ding fare I cancelled our flights, got the credits in my account, then rebooked the ding immediately using the credits. I always get nervous doing that (what if I go to book and ding fares and original fares are gone?! slim chance maybe, but WHAT IF?!?!)

Can someone walk me through the above process as it seems a safer way to rebook.

TIA!

BIG FAVOR!!

Can someone post here or PM me if they see a BWI to Las Vegas???
I'd love to take DH for our 15th anniversary in Sept. But have nixed it since it's too expensive.

Thanks!

I have BWI on my list. If I see the DING! fares come thru I'll post. :)

I have room to list vegas on my airports, but I am working a chunk of the morning... will post if I catch it though!

Yes, I'm out too. I promised the kiddies I would take them to the library (I'm on the library puter). Don't think I can download Ding here. LOL!

And then Chick-filas! Darn kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter