Spirit Airlines from Atlantic City

nancyj

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW at the end of June. Looking for flights, I am considering flying to MCO from Newark (NJ), Philadelphia or Atlantic City. The best fares I've seen for non-stop flights are on Spirit Airlines from Atlantic City. Anyone flown them? Any thoughts? We would probably stay overnight in AC the night before flying out.
I am also considering flights from JFK or LGA, but these airports are alot more of a hassle to get to from where we live.
Thanks.

We have flown Spirit many times and have had no complaints. I am sure you will get some negative responses, but that goes without saying. They are a no-frills airline and all you get are pretzels/peanuts and pop/juice. For the price you can't beat it. We are using them in March to go to WDW and for the price you cannot go wrong. I would say that if Spirit is your cheapest rate, book it before they go up.

Another vote for Spirit here:)
We've flown with them several times with no problems whatsoever. And as far as the Airport goes, it's not hectic like the big ones are. Basically just drive in, park, & fly.

It's a bit of a gamble with airfare(it is AC afterall), to book now or to hope for lower fares. We booked just a few weeks ago for our trip in May, and the fares have gone up $15 since then. I jumped on the $171 fare, and am glad I did so.
It's hard to say what's going to happen, but the general consensus is that anything around $200 is reasonable. IMHO, anything less than that might be worth booking, that's where the gamble comes into play...

Also...

We live about an hour away and like to stay the night at the Cardiff EconoLodge, which is located about 10 mins. from the Airport. The rates are reasonable, the rooms are clean, with each room having its own Jacuzzi tub.

Hamilton Mall is not far from the hotel, and what we like to do before we check in for the night is walk around the mall, check out the Disney store, and eat dinner. Sort of gives us the feeling of starting the vacation a day early.

If you're interested, here's the link to the Cardiff EconoLodge:

http://www4.choicehotels.com/ires/e...9.457573&slon=-74.577156&schain=E&exp=&scity=

-Mark:)

I've flown Spirit out of ACY many times without any problems. I had one weather-related delay two years ago, but that's been it; Spirit has a great on-time departure record. As shelbyjosh said, it definately is a no-frills flight, but for the price, it is definately worth it.

Thanks for the info. I was able to get web fares from ACY to MCO for $184 each (including the extra fee for paper tickets). So, I guess I did ok. Since our flight leaves ACY at 7:00 AM, I will definitely check out the Econolodge - it sounds like what I'm looking for.
Thanks again.

We flew Spirit last year out of ACY we only live about 15 mins away. Last year the ticket counters open at 5am, but call ahead and find out what time they open now with the new bomb detecting equipment at the ticket counters I am not sure if they open earlier or not. It is a small airport so don't expect to see all the things that you have at Philly. The flight is just fine. It was one of the best flights I was ever on. Parking is $3.50 a day keep your ticket with you because when you get back you pay in the lobby before you go out to the lot. (if not you have to go to your car and then back to the building). They have automatic machines you insert the ticket and pay with Credit card or cash.
Food places outside the mall : Applebees, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chi Chi's. One other thing even though they call it the Atlantic City Airport it is really in Pomona NJ about a 15 to 20 minute drive to Atlantic City depending on traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter