• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Spring is in the Air" March 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

Had a rough patch late this afternoon. I was doing so well earlier - got some decluttering done, etc. But everything was just adding up underneath, and I had a complete meltdown set off by (of all things) scraping my hand carrying a laundry basket through the hall. DH talked me down and I’m feeling somewhat better now. I just wanted to say it's OK to have your moments!

@Oneanne for someone who usually doesn’t cook a lot, your food looks truly amazing! Also, you shouldn’t worry about the 14 days coming to an end. The average incubation time is 5 days. That’s why the quarantine is 14 days after exposure to catch even the really late ones. So, every day your chances of getting sick should decrease.
I hadn't heard the 5 days from the media here, so I did some digging and found a couple medical articles that said the median and mean days were around 5 and the 97.5% of people present symptoms within 11.5 days. I'm past 11.5 for the knitting class and past 5 for the eye/brow appointments, so feeling pretty good about it.

Last edited:

I'm thankful for the connections forged by the internet! Some of my best friends I met through social media, and our hours-long daily talks are getting me through right now. I've also been lucky enough to build a smallish platform on Instagram and connect with people there. Today, to help give everyone else something to think about, I've started a "virtual journey to the past" on my Disney/shop IG account - I found my old Passporter planner from 2000 and have been posting excerpts from it along with old park photos and videos. Today was Magic Kingdom, tomorrow is Millennium Epcot. I'm really enjoying it and have had several people thank me for giving them something to get their mind off things. It's been a really nice little project to do! The internet isn't all bad after all! :rotfl:

I'm thankful for the connections forged by the internet! Some of my best friends I met through social media, and our hours-long daily talks are getting me through right now. I've also been lucky enough to build a smallish platform on Instagram and connect with people there. Today, to help give everyone else something to think about, I've started a "virtual journey to the past" on my Disney/shop IG account - I found my old Passporter planner from 2000 and have been posting excerpts from it along with old park photos and videos. Today was Magic Kingdom, tomorrow is Millennium Epcot. I'm really enjoying it and have had several people thank me for giving them something to get their mind off things. It's been a really nice little project to do! The internet isn't all bad after all! :rotfl:
That does sound fun!

E0B9BC68-5EF1-4C98-B5B4-1C3D6713D0E4.jpeg
Well, we made it. Hopefully with our health and sanity intact!

Do you have plans for the weekend? Plenty of things still to do around the house. I feel for you parents-it’s pretty easy amusing myself and my husband has worked from home for 15 years now. Hoping this weekend goes well for you all and we start to hear some encouraging news re vaccines.

I’m taking advantage of early hours at the grocery store tomorrow-they open from 6-7 for those of us over 60.
I was hoping to wait until Monday or Tuesday to shop, but with the news from California we thought we better resupply before the weekend. Sigh.

I just realized I am also scheduled to host next week-if anyone else would like to host, let me know, but otherwise I can do another week. :)

Yesterday I was thankfully for the same as everyone else, heath care workers, grocery store workers and everyone doing there part. And the therapist that now find themselves much more busier. DD's is doing virtual sessions for anyone that wants them.

But I am also thankful to my husband. He has been really keeping me from losing it. Though Thursday seem to be my day to have breakdowns. We went shopping yesterday and then dropped off groceries to his grandmother. He told me in the car that he is really proud that I have been doing so go with handling all this. I am not but glad I have been able to hide it a bit. I am fine in the house but going out is getting really touch for me. Once of the grocery stores I wanted to just lose it in. No one was paying attention or following the social distancing. I can't touch the cart and really don't want to touch food/boxes. DH did notice this and that I am holding my hands funny as i walk in the though the stores. he laughed when i said I can feel the germs on my hands, but understood it completely. He wants to go get more propane and to get stuff to brew his own beer (something he has done for years now). I told him he is on his own for that. The 2 stores are enough and I may need to just not do those either. DH also decided to buy me a work chair. Sitting at the dining room table in a regular chair has been hurting my back. I just breifly mentioned this and he got on Amazon and bought a nice one for me. Our other office chair is on its last leg so when this is all done we will get rid of the old one.

DS has a cough that really has me worried. He has had it for over a week now. I don't think it is anything but that anxiety part of me wants to freak out and get him tested just so i know. He has no other symptoms and has been pretty active. I heard him couch right as we were going to bed and it caused my anxiety to go through the roof. I ended up not sleeping good. Every worse case senerio went through my head. it was after midnight when I finally fell asleep.

I am trying to work in the circle of what i can control and let everything else go. This is not easy. I love my walks and they are good for me but well mother nature has other plans right now. If we have to be confined to our homes the least mother nature could do is make it so we can get outside. We have had rain for at least 3 days now. It will be in the upper 60's today before the cold front comes in and we drop to the low 30's. I am done with this up and down. I am ready for summer.

We spent almost an hour at the grocery store this morning-I hated being around all those people! Came home and wiped off everything before I put it away. I had a lot of stuff in the freezer and now have enough perishables and canned items to get us through the next two weeks.
My husband works from home and a good chair is very important-makes all the difference.

DH also decided to buy me a work chair. Sitting at the dining room table in a regular chair has been hurting my back. I just breifly mentioned this and he got on Amazon and bought a nice one for me.

How sweet!

I love my walks and they are good for me but well mother nature has other plans right now. If we have to be confined to our homes the least mother nature could do is make it so we can get outside.

Ditto. My family decided to go for neighborhood walks and pick up trash (with gloves, of course!) and it's been raining since. :(

Happy Friday everyone and Hello Spring for those in the northern hemisphere.

I'm back to max frustration with the media coverage, well I kind of never wasn't frustrated with them. Yesterday our local channel did a true/false segment about the virus living on inanimate objects, like groceries or Amazon deliveries. Two "experts" agreed that it was "highly unlikely" that the virus passes that way. Then on the national news - same channel - some other "expert" comes on and is basically "omg, don't touch your deliveries or mail for 24 hours". Why would social distancing be so important if it's living all over everything and how the how the heck are we supposed to make the best decisions without the correct information? OK, ranting over... maybe...

My plan for the weekend is to start my vacation plan and make sure I'm getting certain things done everyday. My IG feed is filled with craft people and home decor people and everyone is creating and doing projects... and everyone is baking sourdough bread! I had to remind myself that I am still working, but next week that won't be the case so I do need to get certain things done during the week.

One small positive... I've been thinking about growing out my hair a bit and changing the style and it occurred to me that this is going to be very easy to do right now. I normally get it trimmed every three weeks but it'll probably be end of April before it's comfortable to do that sort of thing, and I'll be pretty hairy... my shaved undercut will be over 1/2 inch long!

Take care everyone, thank you for being her this week, it's been a great help!

Happy Friday everyone and Hello Spring for those in the northern hemisphere.

I'm back to max frustration with the media coverage, well I kind of never wasn't frustrated with them. Yesterday our local channel did a true/false segment about the virus living on inanimate objects, like groceries or Amazon deliveries. Two "experts" agreed that it was "highly unlikely" that the virus passes that way. Then on the national news - same channel - some other "expert" comes on and is basically "omg, don't touch your deliveries or mail for 24 hours". Why would social distancing be so important if it's living all over everything and how the how the heck are we supposed to make the best decisions without the correct information? OK, ranting over... maybe...

My plan for the weekend is to start my vacation plan and make sure I'm getting certain things done everyday. My IG feed is filled with craft people and home decor people and everyone is creating and doing projects... and everyone is baking sourdough bread! I had to remind myself that I am still working, but next week that won't be the case so I do need to get certain things done during the week.

One small positive... I've been thinking about growing out my hair a bit and changing the style and it occurred to me that this is going to be very easy to do right now. I normally get it trimmed every three weeks but it'll probably be end of April before it's comfortable to do that sort of thing, and I'll be pretty hairy... my shaved undercut will be over 1/2 inch long!

Take care everyone, thank you for being her this week, it's been a great help!
I think I heard some of those same reports. My husband insisted we wipe the groceries down before bringing them in the house-sigh.

My husband works from home and a good chair is very important-makes all the difference.

It sure does!! I had a TERRIBLE chair for the last 5 years. Cheap little desk chair that was at least 8 years old (my old workplace was throwing it out so I got it)... finally treated myself and got a new one about a month ago and my back has been so happy!!! I didn't realize how much pain the old was causing me. I was always hurting.

Why would social distancing be so important if it's living all over everything and how the how the heck are we supposed to make the best decisions without the correct information? OK, ranting over... maybe...

What I've seen reported by several media & medical outlets is...
Air = 3 hours
Copper = 4 hours
Cardboard = 24 hours
Plastic & Stainless Steel = 3-4 days

Also social distancing is not supposed to be completely preventative. It's to flatten the curve - to lessen the impact of a multitude of people getting it all at the same time. It's supposed to give medical professionals a fighting chance to take care of people. We're just trying to buy time. :guilty:

It sure does!! I had a TERRIBLE chair for the last 5 years. Cheap little desk chair that was at least 8 years old (my old workplace was throwing it out so I got it)... finally treated myself and got a new one about a month ago and my back has been so happy!!! I didn't realize how much pain the old was causing me. I was always hurting.

Air = 3 hours
Copper = 4 hours
Cardboard = 24 hours

Also social distancing is not supposed to be completely preventative. It's to flatten the curve - to lessen the impact of a multitude of people getting it all at the same time. It's supposed to give medical professionals a fighting chance to take care of people. We're just trying to buy time. :guilty:
I guess it’s good that I wash my hands so often.

Air = 3 hours
Copper = 4 hours
Cardboard = 24 hours

thanks, I haven't seen any of these numbers locally. In thinking thru more, I think the "highly unlikely" is more directed at the chance of there being any virus on such things.

I went back to school today to lock up and put away anything that I would like to be there in August. Last summer, a lot of supplies were stolen from my room, so I treated my room today like it was the last day of school in June.

It was sad taking down the rocket ship and putting away all of the Outer Space books, manipulatives, and other materials. The kids only got to enjoy it for one week. They really loved it. They really embraced it and used their imaginations. Last year's group wasn't as engaged in the pretend play, but this group of kids...they LOVED it and made the most of it. I'm glad they at least had one week of it, but they really deserved a couple more weeks to explore. We barely scratched the surface.

I've been crying on and off today. As tough as this class has been, I really loved them. I guess I am grieving the loss of them...and everything we still had left to do. There will be no graduation. I could list everything they will miss doing with me, but there's no point. You get it.

We begin official lockdown on Monday, so the grocery stores will be a madhouse again. New panic ensuing.

I have a lot of things to do for the district. Things that won't actually benefit the kids, but will meet state requirements. I'm used to it. I will supplement with what I know will really be best for them with my Facebook posts and videos.

My heart is broken, and I'm a little scared of what is next, because there always seems to be another thing to pile on...

I'm not usually so down in the dumps, but this situation really has me sad.

Hopefully when things settle into some sort of a routine and a "new normal" I will find myself again and be able to be happy.

Stay healthy and safe. Take care my Friends.

I went back to school today to lock up and put away anything that I would like to be there in August. Last summer, a lot of supplies were stolen from my room, so I treated my room today like it was the last day of school in June.

It was sad taking down the rocket ship and putting away all of the Outer Space books, manipulatives, and other materials. The kids only got to enjoy it for one week. They really loved it. They really embraced it and used their imaginations. Last year's group wasn't as engaged in the pretend play, but this group of kids...they LOVED it and made the most of it. I'm glad they at least had one week of it, but they really deserved a couple more weeks to explore. We barely scratched the surface.

I've been crying on and off today. As tough as this class has been, I really loved them. I guess I am grieving the loss of them...and everything we still had left to do. There will be no graduation. I could list everything they will miss doing with me, but there's no point. You get it.

We begin official lockdown on Monday, so the grocery stores will be a madhouse again. New panic ensuing.

I have a lot of things to do for the district. Things that won't actually benefit the kids, but will meet state requirements. I'm used to it. I will supplement with what I know will really be best for them with my Facebook posts and videos.

My heart is broken, and I'm a little scared of what is next, because there always seems to be another thing to pile on...

I'm not usually so down in the dumps, but this situation really has me sad.

Hopefully when things settle into some sort of a routine and a "new normal" I will find myself again and be able to be happy.

Stay healthy and safe. Take care my Friends.

I’m feeling the same way. :hug:

We still aren’t certain as to how our school year will end. We are still in the 2 week closure (week 1 just ended). But we have been told it’s very unlikely that we would return the following week. However, we were presented with 3 scenarios, only one has cyber teaching, which I really don’t understand how to do for kindergarten. As for my 15 year old twins, that would be great. Not ideal, but at least it would be something to continue their education during this uncertain time. Another one of the options is that we could remain closed for the rest of the year. This is unsettling as they also aren’t letting us into the building. The last day the school was open, there was a substitute in my classroom. My room is probably a mess. Nothing is picked up. Oh and the construction on our renovated building that we are supposed to move into over the summer has stopped. So who knows when that will be done. The unknown is really stressing out. But big picture is we all need to stay safe and healthy.

On top of all that, I’m assuming my surprise April Disney Trip with my son won’t happen. Not sure how to handle that actually. Do I tell him? Not even sure when to reschedule it. It’s tricky with sports schedules and such. I’m thinking maybe next February over Presidents Day weekend. But not sure yet.

And lastly, I’ve been going over to help take care of my sisters puppy (the one with the skull fracture). My sister and her husband are both doctors. And the puppy needs to take meds during the day. But my husband is unhappy about me going over to their house because the virus might be there (since they are doctors and could bring it home on them or something). But I’ve always been one to help others, especially family. So it seems unnatural to me to say no to my sister in helping out with her dog while she’s at work. I know hard times and we’re best in isolation, but it’s family!

So it’s definitely been a rollercoaster of emotions this week. Some days better than others. The weather helped a little today. It was nice to see people outside...but then I’m thinking they should all be outside together. Its just a whole new reality to get used to for a while. So once again I have to say, I’m so thankful for this group. While we all have our challenges and ups and downs, I’ve never felt judged by anyone here! You are an amazingly uplifting group! :grouphug:

:hug: @Summer2018 and @MickeyMom76

It must be so hard to be away from your classes without the closure and pride of a real end to the school year. I miss my little niece and nephew, and there are only two of them! Their mom is a teacher (middle school) and home with them for now, so at least I know they are still learning.

Rituals help me, too. - I send them a kids' joke of the day, and she sends me back photos and little videos. I’m sure your students will look forward to your read-alouds over the web!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter