Spring/Spring Advantage 2011 :)

hey everyone. in order to do the CP how long do you have to be in college for?

this would be my first year of college if i go in august. and was wondering if i would be able to do it.

if not i might do the spring CS. i applied for fall and was rejected.

if i read your post correctly.
we are in the same boat. starting college this fall?

if i read your post correctly.
we are in the same boat. starting college this fall?

yes i am.

and yay. freshman.. haha

but i did find out i could apply my first semester for the second semester. so count me in.. spring 2011 hopeful!!!!

Hey everyone! I'm Rachel and I'm a senior at the University of Kentucky. I have 2 extra semesters before I graduate so thankfully I can still apply! =) I would have applied to do the Disney CP sooner, but due to major changes, sorority obligations(I dropped to focus on school...but I highly suggest going greek still...as I was for 3 years!) and putting it on the back burner so I could graduate, I forgot about it.

Well I forgot it until I went to Disney's Hollywood Studios over Spring Break when I was staying in St. Petersburg, FL. My friend Shannon and I convinced our group to go to Disney for a day so we went! It was my fourth time and let me tell you, I am DYING to go back! Shannon was talking about how she wanted to do the Disney College Program on the trip, and it made me remember how I read about it when I was a Junior in high school. I don't know why anybody WOULDN'T want to work for Disney!

So there's some background...if I don't do the college program Spring Advantage 2011, then I am planning on doing it Fall Advantage 2011. I'm going to do some serious thinking considering this could affect when I graduate, and I'm sure my parents would love for me to just wait until FA '11.
I like the idea of being a Character Performer(I'm 5'5"), Character Attendant, Attractions, Merchandising, FSFB, Recreation, Lifeguard(I've swam all my life, I would just have to get re-certified to guard!), Main Entrance Ops, or even Costuming. Basically I have a list, so hopefully they could put me in one of those places whenever I apply!

I made this post really long, but I just thought I'd introduce myself! If you want to follow my blog(it's not that exciting now...but once I apply it will be way more interesting...promise!)

~Rachel

*SHAMELESS PLUG for my blog!*:
rachelsdisneydream.blogspot.com

yes i am.

and yay. freshman.. haha

but i did find out i could apply my first semester for the second semester. so count me in.. spring 2011 hopeful!!!!

i need to talk to my school though.
if i dont go for a continuous year, it might screw up my scholarship. you should look into that too.

I'm so excited for this! I just looked at the housing and what-have-you and I'm going to be talking to my parents about this the next time I go home. :thumbsup2

I'm so excited for this! I just looked at the housing and what-have-you and I'm going to be talking to my parents about this the next time I go home. :thumbsup2

So, I was looking at your signature & one cruise was a 21st birthday present...are you a junior or senior in college? I'm a senior on the 5-year plan and I feel like I'm going to be so old when I apply!

So, I was looking at your signature & one cruise was a 21st birthday present...are you a junior or senior in college? I'm a senior on the 5-year plan and I feel like I'm going to be so old when I apply!

I'm a junior right now. But I will be in college for five years all together if I decide to do a 4 + 1 program for my major. So at the end, I would graduate with my bachelors and masters degrees. :thumbsup2

I just PMed a bunch of you :)

I am thinking about making a FB group. And I will make all of you (the first people I'm telling about the group) admins! Woot :D

holy moly i just spent like ten minutes looking for a spring 2011 board and trying to remember my dislogin.

who would have thought my lovely friend megan would have made this for us already. :goodvibes

off to fix my signature now!

hey everyone! i just wanted to remind you/let you know that a lot of us are super active on the facebook group and we've introduced a skype chat to the mix.

if you're interested in joining the skype chat, just add me at oneofthoseghosts and i'll give you an invite. if that doesn't work for you you can always go to the facebook group and leave your name. one of us will be sure to invite you.

it's been a lot of fun thus far getting to know the 2011 spring and spring advantage hopefuls so come join the fun.

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to pop in to tell you that if all goes right, I'll still be in Disney with you all either by extending my CP or doing a PI in spring 2011. I got accepted into the Fall 2010 CP for Merchdise. Good Luck to everyone and don't worry, before you know it applications will be up! :)

hey guys! is anyone else passing by interested in going down for spring 2011? what did you want your role to be? let's look alive, i mean fall advantage has more posts than we do!

Hi guys. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm fairly certain I'll be applying for Spring 2011. I am a CP Alumni of Fall 2010 in attractions and I'm graduating this December, can't wait for the apps to come out, what is the exact date on that?

(Don't worry about the Christmas music, in DAK it was likely and varied :) I personally LOVED fall. )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter