Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

One of my goals is to try all the resorts so if I go solo I’ll hit music or sports as they don’t appeal to my kids to much and I can knock them out!

I do love pop!!

We have so many moving parts I also regret signing up for the challenge
Oh I see! At least there’s that chance then! And I kind of get that too… was not planning to do this weekend originally and might also not fit our schedule

Last edited:
Oh I see! At least there’s that chance then! And I kind of get that too… was not planning to do this weekend but am such a sucker for Stitch
Oops should have said almost regret it! I don’t actually regret it I’m very excited just feels very up in the air at the moment.

Do you think you’ll be spending a lot of time at resort or going to parks a bunch?? Haven’t stayed at Coronado in a long time but remember loving the food options.
I got to the parks a bunch. I’m not an adventurous eater at all so, so the food options are never a consideration for resorts. I’ve stayed value and gotten burned too much on room location and noise level. Both of my race weekend rooms at Coronado have been exactly where I wanted them to be (Casitas section FTW)

Oops should have said almost regret it! I don’t actually regret it I’m very excited just feels very up in the air at the moment.
Hahah that completely makes sense. I hope it comes together and you have a wonderful trip!

I got to the parks a bunch. I’m not an adventurous eater at all so, so the food options are never a consideration for resorts. I’ve stayed value and gotten burned too much on room location and noise level. Both of my race weekend rooms at Coronado have been exactly where I wanted them to be (Casitas section FTW)
This is so good to know for us light sleepers. And helpful for organizing priorities too. Thank you for the input!!

Pools were not a factor for us so we used the bounceback to book CBR, I think the rates are more favorable for that time period bc of the construction and we wanted Skyliner access. Our normal go-to is Coronado which is perfect for race weekends with lots of food options, room types, and things to do at the resort.

ETA: NM - wrong race weekend lol! No clue where I’ll be staying - way too early for me to think about it yet.

This sounds amazing and like you’ll be maximizing on the best pools! Does the noise near Epcot bother you at all for sleep? Others in my party sleep fine but I am the light sleeper… 😅

No, we actually find BCV to be quite peaceful! 😅

We rented points at BLT. Traveling there with my DW, DS (2 years old), MIL and FIL. Renting points made the most sense and we figure with the little one, we will spend most of our time in MK anyway, so its walking distance.

Yoga's open and looks like it's been open for a while if anyone is interested. Just registered myself!

10M is open too.

I finally booked all my stuff for Springtime today! I had been looking at SWA flights for a while (because I overpack and need the free baggage 😄) and the early flight out on 4/17 was $369! And because of connections, I still wouldn’t get into MCO until 1:45, so no parks until after 3.

But I had a brainstorm this morning: what‘s the cost differential if I take the last flight out on 4/16? Pretty much the same as the cost of an extra night at Pop, so why not fly in late and get a full park day on 4/17?? With that decision made, I went ahead and booked the flights, the room, and the airport shuttle and I feel much better. I like the comfort of knowing that everything I want is locked in (and since it’s SWA and Disney, I can always rebook with whatever discounts may come along)

I finally booked all my stuff for Springtime today! I had been looking at SWA flights for a while (because I overpack and need the free baggage 😄) and the early flight out on 4/17 was $369! And because of connections, I still wouldn’t get into MCO until 1:45, so no parks until after 3.

But I had a brainstorm this morning: what‘s the cost differential if I take the last flight out on 4/16? Pretty much the same as the cost of an extra night at Pop, so why not fly in late and get a full park day on 4/17?? With that decision made, I went ahead and booked the flights, the room, and the airport shuttle and I feel much better. I like the comfort of knowing that everything I want is locked in (and since it’s SWA and Disney, I can always rebook with whatever discounts may come along)
Yeah 🥳
By the same train of thoughts, I also considered that the price difference between a 7 day ticket vs 6… I am now flying early on the 15th 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter