Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Going solo, been a few years since I’ve done that but the kids Spring Breaks don’t even come close this time. So, solo it is! Going to stay at WL using points - my favorite place on property!
My kids spring break is the week before, and we will be at the parks and come home that Monday....and then I'll turn around and go back all by myself. I go solo regularly so no big deal, I'll just have to watch my diet the week I'm there before.

Trying to register for the challenge as a Brit

Click all the relevent bits (No POT, no US cell phone etc ) but wont progress to the pay screen

Anyone else have this issue ?

It's interesting (and disappointing) that several folks had name issues this morning. I had not really heard of any in past registrations. I wonder if the forms are somehow auto filling based on the sign-in name? Or maybe user error trying to fill out the forms so quickly? Or just Disney IT?
I had the name issue and I 100% think this is a problem with RunDisney IT, i logged into my RunDisney Account to now find 2 of my mom's name, the one with her "chEar" Squad which is right and then the second one has all of the races, including my 10-Miller I've ever run under this new system, based on the fact I have 2 of the same person and all of my previous races are now under this second same name I'm rolling with Disney IT at it's best!

UPDATE: Emailed RunDisney and they already responded back that my first name is being fixed! It may take up to 72 hours to see this on the RunDisney Dashboard, but I'm just happy they are able to fix it without any problem or more phone calls and emails!!! Finally some Disney IT Success!

Last edited:

Click all the relevent bits (No POT, no US cell phone etc ) but wont progress to the pay screen

I had the same problem here in Australia and I made up an American address and it let me progress. Maybe an international block?

Over an hour since registration began and only the 5K is sold out. Is this due to an increase in the size of the field, or maybe a bit less interest in this weekend?
I think last year the appeal of the night race is what caused the challenge to sell out in under an hour (race for the taste and Tower of Terror had lasted days if not weeks I believe)

as for resorts when reservations opened I decided to see what was cheaper 3 nights in a moderate (since I can't do parks post run Fri and Sat so better pool) or 4 nights in a value (won't have to rush to check out post 10 miler) suffice to say staying at Music

Also, they say you can get your AP/DVC/CM discount retroactively applied when you pick up your merchandise.

Ooooo that’s new (still not going to twist my arm to drop $$$ on all the pins may do the challenge AND 5K set instead of OR though now and hope I can at least grab one 10k & 10m magnet (logo or medal replica preferably) with my magnets

Quick question what would be the better plan… friends 5K first than my challenge or vice versa

They did used to do this, but it wasn't advertised. Basically you picked up your stuff and they did a return and resale on the spot.

I had the same problem here in Australia and I made up an American address and it let me progress. Maybe an international block?
That worked ....

for the Passholder merch bundle, do they actually allow you to collect if you are not an AP. just DVC ?

Also, didn't see this mentioned, but they dropped all the are you an AP holder, are you a DVC member, have you ever run in a RunDisney event before? Did anyone else notice that?
I did notice that. Was the purpose of having it before just to see what kind of mix of guests the races brought in?

They fixed my registration already. NOW I CAN CELEBRATE! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
about three mins ago I got an email saying We have also sent you a separate email with a link to claim your registration to your account. have yet to get an email
Also, didn't see this mentioned, but they dropped all the are you an AP holder, are you a DVC member, have you ever run in a RunDisney event before? Did anyone else notice that?
i think they dropped it during earlier weekends

All this talk about messed up registrations reminds me I still haven’t emails about my Princess weekend one. It somehow has an R in the middle initial spot. My middle initial is not R🤦
Not the biggest deal, but I just need to stop being lazy and email them.

Over an hour since registration began and only the 5K is sold out. Is this due to an increase in the size of the field, or maybe a bit less interest in this weekend?
Probably a bit of both. Return of old faves, a nighttime race in a park they haven't done a 5k at in awhile, etc. A lot of revenge travel, most likely. This 5k will be at Epcot, so nothing new there, and I don't expect any changes with the 10k and 10 miler from this year's edition. Maybe things are settling down a bit?

Most of that they know already---as long as you use your single go.com identity for all your Disney stuff.
Yes, but it's been that way for years. But of course, we are talking Disney IT, so maybe they just now figured out that they already have that info and don't need to ask.
I did notice that. Was the purpose of having it before just to see what kind of mix of guests the races brought in?
I'm not sure one ever knows what their purpose is! LOL

The last registration I did was for the upcoming Wine and Dine, so I missed marathon and princess. Just wondered if it existed during those registrations?

Did you get it sorted. I had the same problem and rundisney had me put in a US state and zip (made up one) and then changed it to my actual address once I had paid and got a confirmation. The page clearly has some broken back end code!

Update… was told it could take up to 24 hours to receive link and 72 hours for it to reflect on my dashboard

As of 1154 it was just showing my friends registration and not mine at all 😡 I’ll give it till Thursday and if I don’t get any follow up I’ll email again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter