SSR impressions

I have to admit, that I am one of "those" people that have been listening to the "poo-pooing" of SSR. We are brand spankin' newbies, plan to go "home" in November 2007. I had hoped to switch our SSR res to BWV 7 months out. Now, you guys are making me rethink that!!

Thank you for the fabulous reviews and the awesome points (DTD hub!). I'd love more pictures!!

I have to admit, that I am one of "those" people that have been listening to the "poo-pooing" of SSR. We are brand spankin' newbies, plan to go "home" in November 2007. I had hoped to switch our SSR res to BWV 7 months out. Now, you guys are making me rethink that!!

Thank you for the fabulous reviews and the awesome points (DTD hub!). I'd love more pictures!!

I think you will love SSR!

This last trip was the first we really used DTD as a hub, and it really could not have been better for us!

I'm going to post some pictures to the "Post your DVC pictures here" thread at the top of this page. They are a few Christmas shots and a couple more general SSR shots. (By the way, there are a bunch of SSR pics in that thread - some of which I have taken)

You should go to SSR for your first trip home! :thumbsup2 November is a great time to be near DTD since the parks tend to close earlier.

Thanks nhdisnut(my almost neighbor- I'm in Maine) and starbox! I'm going to go check out the pictures now!!

Thanks for all the great comments for SSR. We bought last year and in two weeks will be making our first trip "Home." I cannot wait till we are there. Looking forward to cooler temps and shorter lines. Will post report and pics when we get back.

Steven

I agree! We are live from SSR right now and staying in a studio in Congress Park. Here is a picture of the view from my balcony last night!

Disney001.jpg

Oh great shot, our first trip as DVC owners was to our home resort and we stayed in congress park, corner room closet end toward DTD, 2nd floor great view of DTD and the midnight fireworks, short walk to DTD. we've been trying the other resorts since. :love: them all

My group will be staying at Saratoga Springs for the second time next week. We own at the Boardwalk but there were no vacancies, last year, three months out when my son was accepted into the College Program so we (a party of 6 stayed in a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs). I love the action at the Boardwalk but I was curious about Saratoga Springs. We stayed not far from the Carriage House and I made many trips back and forth with groceries, etc and that was no problem, but looking at the map, I wonder what you do if you're on the other side of the lake.

Now we'll be back next week since my son's best friend was accepted into the College Program and, once again, no openings at the Boardwalk three months out. I couldn't think of anything to complain about with regard to the resort but I was wondering how much extra walking I'll be doing if we're in one of the buildings across the lake.

Now we'll be back next week since my son's best friend was accepted into the College Program and, once again, no openings at the Boardwalk three months out. I couldn't think of anything to complain about with regard to the resort but I was wondering how much extra walking I'll be doing if we're in one of the buildings across the lake.

The Springs is the last bus stop, so you can hop on any internal bus without having to wait long and ride to the Springs stop if you don't like to walk. It took, maybe 5-8 minutes to get places. We stayed across the lake in the height of August heat and I honestly did not mind the walk at all - there are lots of landscaped trails and paths and so the walking at SSR is more scenic and intentionally laid out than at some of the other resorts I've stayed in.

Here are some photos I took along the paths from CP to the main carriage house that help give an idea of what I mean by the paths being well-planned and enjoyable:
13803452.94c3e3.jpg

13803451.d7fceb.jpg

13803448.e59efe.jpg

But, you can always request The Springs or use an internal bus. :)

I do agree that it is a very beautifully landscaped resort. Unfortunately, last year, I fell and really did a number on my ankle (I was admiring the view as I came out of the back of the Main Carriage House and missed the last step and went right down), so a nice long walk was not quite as enjoyable as it could have been. I'll be sure to pay more attention to where I'm stepping this year. And I really can't wait to be there in just 8 days...:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter