SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Planning on staying here on our next trip in May 2015. We have stayed here once and LOVED it! :lovestruc Questions: We stayed in Congress Park across from DTD last time and we loved it because of the walk there. Will the bridge to DTD be open by then? Should we request to stay in the Springs instead? Let me know where you like to stay and why? should we request a different area. FYI-- we are two adults that love the pool(both quiet pools and main pool). We head to the parks only a couple of days. The rest of the week we spend by the pool. The food court would be needed, but proximity to a quiet pool and DTD are preferred. TIA:goodvibes

We are here now and are staying in the Grandstand building. We like it because it's the first bus stop on for the resort and the first bus stop off coming back from the parks. It is right at a mile walk to DTD from our building. We Requested a building closer to the pool. It's a quiet pool which we enjoy. It's also a close walk to the carriage house.

We arrive on Monday for our first ever trip, so this is good news. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to walk using the bridge? :)

Depends which section. We are at the Grandstand and it's right at a mile walk. At a leisurely pace last night, it took us 25 minutes.

We will be at SSR this October, and requested the Paddock area. We have stayed their previously and really like it a lot. Seems centrally located b/t main building, DTD etc. We dont mind walking, actually we always get out early for walks, love a good morning stroll to get things going.

I thought about booking the Grandstand area this time, but our DD10 loves the Paddock area pool. I love our October vacation, it is my last bit of relaxation before 3-4 months of long hours at work. I dont really get a break until February so I really need to soak in the fun, sun, and leisure time! SSR is so relaxing - we just love the resort and glad to call it our home.

We came back from our first WDW visit last week, staying at SSR! What a resort!

We were pixie-dusted on arrival, and upgraded from our studio to a one bedroom villa! We stayed in The Paddock, which was beautiful! Perfect to be so close to not one but two lovely pools, two choices of food, and everything...

Those of you who own DVC at SSR, I am very very jealous! I would love to be back there every year! :D Thank you to everyone who helped with my questions in the run up! It all went really well! :)

How lucky to be upgraded.
I will be there in 3 weeks......
Please send some upgrading pixie dust my way!!!
I own there and it is my first time staying there!!

Just returning home from our first stay at SSR. Stayed in 8000 Grandstand building. Close to everything. Loved the resort.

We are leaving in the morning for 7 days at SSR! This is our first time at SSR having stayed at POFQ and Cornado before. I have not put in a room preference (totally forgot) and am wondering if it's to late to do so now? We like being close to the drink machines and bus stop though we are driving this time but not sure if we will drive to the parks or not. I was thinking any place but Congress. Thought mostly about Grandstand thoughts? Our kids are 6 and 11 we will have one or two pool days so don't mind walking to the cool pool.

Jill

I requested Grandstand by the pool and the building we got was perfect. Close to Grandstand and Spring bus stops, close to main building, pool and food court, close to boat launch and right by Grandstand pool (which was very nice, although no slide). The drink station was open at the Grandstand pool, but the snack bar was always closed.

Just booked our first stay at SSR for November. What section do we need to request to have the best bus service to the parks? TIA

Just booked our first stay at SSR for November. What section do we need to request to have the best bus service to the parks? TIA
Check out the FAQ in my signature. There's a map of the bus route.

To be the first on/first off, you'd want to request Grandstand. The only stop we've ever had an issue at, though, is the Springs. It's the last stop on the route, and during really crowded times (close to park opening), it's standing-room-only on the buses by the time they get there.

My favorite section is the Paddock. It's in the middle of the resort (3rd of 5 bus stops), has its own theme pool and QS restaurant, and is still an easy walk to the Carriage House.

Thanks Dave. Man, that resort is spread out more than OKW :cool1:

My wife and I go to SSR in 6 days for an 11-day 1 year anniversary trip! We cannot wait. It will be our 3rd stay at SSR and our first in the Paddock section (hopefully). Everything about this resort is great and it's a nice alternative to the busier (it seems to us) Epcot/MK resorts (although our favorite resort is probably BWV). Sometimes a change of pace is nice :woohoo:

I have a client visiting WDW for their 1st trip in November, staying in a 2 Bedroom Villa at SSR. Are there any room requests I should make for them? I'm thinking something close to transportation might be the best? I'm not very familiar with this resort at all. TIA!

I have a client visiting WDW for their 1st trip in November, staying in a 2 Bedroom Villa at SSR. Are there any room requests I should make for them? I'm thinking something close to transportation might be the best? I'm not very familiar with this resort at all. TIA!
Check out the FAQs in post #2. There's a link to it in my signature.

For those of you that have stayed in the Grandstand section, what are your thoughts on this area? How was the walk to Carriage House?

For those of you that have stayed in the Grandstand section, what are your thoughts on this area? How was the walk to Carriage House?
we love this section in fact it's our favourite. The pool is lovely and the distance to the carriage house short. I am disabled and what I like is it approaches the carriage house from the back which is a less steeper slope than the one from The Springs at the front :-) A very quiet zone also with good parking and first bus pick up!

Can anyone tell me about the hairdryers? I need a powerful one.

Also how much coffee do they give you. Should I bring some & filters?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter