SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Can anyone tell me about the hairdryers? I need a powerful one.

Also how much coffee do they give you. Should I bring some & filters?

Thanks.

My wife still packs her own hairdryer, despite the resort-provided ones being more than adequate for most people. She has a very thick head of hair, so prefers to use her professional grade / industrial strength model that could double as a leaf blower. I think it's overkill, but who can reason with a woman when it comes to personal care / beauty products? :duck:

We have stayed in Grandstand a few times and Congress Park once. With the family, Grandstand was perfect. The walk wasn't bad to the main area, we loved the pool there, and the first bus stop was awesome!

Thanks Andrew015. Can't argue with beauty.

Still need to know about coffee. May bring some just to be on the safe side.

Thanks Andrew015. Can't argue with beauty.

I've tried and lost that battle. If it weren't for the leaf-blower style hair dryer, we probably wouldn't need any checked luggage. :confused3

Still need to know about coffee. May bring some just to be on the safe side.

We're not coffee drinkers, so I can't help you there. If you run out, you should be able to make a call to Mousekeeping for a restock.

As with all DVC resorts, it you're a regular coffee drinker, you'll want to bring some of your own. The small amount of coffee that's in the room at check-in won't last very long.

I would definitely bring some coffee and filters. In the room they give one packet of regular and one of decaf and it doesn't even make a full pot.

I wanted more coffee as I accidentally ripped my packet. They said there was a charge so I declined and filled my resort mug instead getting more at Walmart the following day :-)

How likely is it I will get a requested section? I know there is no guarantee on requests. Just curious to hear the experiences of others with requests at SSR. Thanks!

How likely is it I will get a requested section? I know there is no guarantee on requests. Just curious to hear the experiences of others with requests at SSR. Thanks!

For my only stay at SSR, I got my requested Springs section. But it was not a very busy time of year (early Dec). I've requested Congress Park for my upcoming Jan stay. I'll be happy to report back afterward.

Hello,
Mom - Sis and I are staying in a Studio for our visit 12/5-8.

We are not DVC owners - and made our ressie via WDW.

What can we expect from mousekeeping?

Just wondering how the transportation works with this DVC resort.
I am a DVC member, but never stayed at SSR. This January I will be doing so with a Marriott owner who traded in for a one bedroom in SSR.

Neither of us know much about it. Can you please let me know if and where there are buses picking up at the Resort and where is the best location to request our room to be in?

TIA

Just wondering how the transportation works with this DVC resort.
I am a DVC member, but never stayed at SSR. This January I will be doing so with a Marriott owner who traded in for a one bedroom in SSR.

Neither of us know much about it. Can you please let me know if and where there are buses picking up at the Resort and where is the best location to request our room to be in?

TIA
Check out the link to the FAQ in my signature. (It's actually post #2 in this thread.) There's a description of the bus service with a map of the routes, and also pro/con for each section to help you pick the location that best suits your travel party.

Check out the link to the FAQ in my signature. (It's actually post #2 in this thread.) There's a description of the bus service with a map of the routes, and also pro/con for each section to help you pick the location that best suits your travel party.

Thanks!

Our stay at SSR starts Nov 11. So excited for our first trip. What kind of views should I expect and request if requesting to stay in the springs section for a studio?
TIA

Our stay at SSR starts Nov 11. So excited for our first trip. What kind of views should I expect and request if requesting to stay in the springs section for a studio? TIA
there is either the car park, carriage house or a nice lake with a fountain. Try and get the lake! But it is a nice block to have anyway close to everything enjoy!

My wife still packs her own hairdryer, despite the resort-provided ones being more than adequate for most people. She has a very thick head of hair, so prefers to use her professional grade / industrial strength model that could double as a leaf blower. I think it's overkill, but who can reason with a woman when it comes to personal care / beauty products? :duck:

"...that could double as a leaf blower." LOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Road-Construction-Sign.jpg

Please Note: There is currently road construction going on at SSR. They appear to be repaving all the crosswalks. Broadway, the main street that runs through the center of the resort, is one way traffic between the road to the Carriage House and Congress Park. There are detours in place if you are heading for any of the Springs buildings from the resort main entrance. You essentially need to circle around the resort in the same pattern the buses travel and come back toward the Springs buildings from the direction of Congress Park.

Bus routes are not impacted, and remain the same at this time.

I asked the bellman taking us to our room when we checked in, and he said the construction is supposed to last until around Thanksgiving. If you have a car and normally request the Springs, this should definitely be a consideration.

Do you think the road construction has any impact on noise level to rooms in the springs area or any other areas?

Also does anyone know if there is a real knife in the studios? Thinking of cutting apples etc. Also does the coffee maker take cone or basket filters? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter