Stacey and Ryan SOG 8/1/09 Updated 3/27 Hawaii Day 2

Thank you very much! You must be so excited about your wedding!!!! It's coming up soon! Do you have a PJ? You're going to love SOG. They did a wonderful job with everything and my day was PERFECT! Stay tuned, I have a lot more coming!

I'm getting excited about the wedding, though we're doing a very, very small one. I haven't put together a PJ...the part of me that still wanted the DFTW wedding but didn't have the budget is kind of bummed to be doing a lot of things in a skimpier way. That said, once we saw the gazebo at SOG and the grounds, I felt a lot better about it. Your pictures helped even more with feeling good about SOG, and knowing they did a great job helps even more! I will definitely stay tuned! popcorn::

Wow. Your ceremony looked great Randy got some great pictures. Too funny about the bouquet. I never would have thought of that. Mental note made....

Can't wait for the Reception report!

Since we aren't able to see the pictures anymore, can you describe what happened with the bouquet? Whatever it is, it sounds like important advice. :)

Your dress looks like the one I really wanted from David's Bridal, but the one I tried on was damaged on the front and repairs were too uncertain financially to take on at the price they wanted. It's a very princessey dress! (The one I got is really pretty too, but different.)

Aww, what a fun story! I am DYING to see your pictures, we are looking at Shades of Green tomorrow as a potential wedding site! Do you have the pics in some sort of online album you could link us to?

Wow, $325 that is an awesome deal for the dress and veil. My bridal shop did have a similar veil but it was $300, so that's not really an option. There's an indoor flea market around here though and there are a few ladies that make veils so I'll probably check them out.

Well right now we're pretty open to anything. We're thinking maybe Oahu and then a cruise because DF doesn't really like the idea of going on small planes, he doesn't like to fly.

It was an awesome deal. I was so psyched about my find! Pure luck I think. Good luck finding a veil, it will all work out in the end. I think if you are going, you should definitely do Oahu. We saw a cruise ship leaving Kauai while we were leaving (we flew right over it) and I love cruises, but I don't know if I would like cruising in Hawaii. I was afraid of the small planes also, but it was not near as bad as I thought it was going to be. In fact, I even got the guts to go on a really small airplane tour of Kauai.

I'm getting excited about the wedding, though we're doing a very, very small one. I haven't put together a PJ...the part of me that still wanted the DFTW wedding but didn't have the budget is kind of bummed to be doing a lot of things in a skimpier way. That said, once we saw the gazebo at SOG and the grounds, I felt a lot better about it. Your pictures helped even more with feeling good about SOG, and knowing they did a great job helps even more! I will definitely stay tuned! popcorn::

Since we aren't able to see the pictures anymore, can you describe what happened with the bouquet? Whatever it is, it sounds like important advice. :)

Your dress looks like the one I really wanted from David's Bridal, but the one I tried on was damaged on the front and repairs were too uncertain financially to take on at the price they wanted. It's a very princessey dress! (The one I got is really pretty too, but different.)

You will love SOG. I used to see everyone else's PJ on here and would get a little jealous once in a while. But in the end, it was so worth it. I loved my wedding and everything about it. Plus, it only ended up being around 8,000 for EVERYTHING and I know I wouldn't have been able to have everything I got for that price through Disney. It was more important to me to have all of my family and friends there. You won't regret it!

The bouquet thing, I never really thought about how I should hold it, and I was holding it like the Statue of Liberty holds her torch (ok that might be a little exaggeration, but close enough). I just was so caught up in everything and enjoying everything that my bouquet never crossed my mind and I held it too high! =) Not a big deal though.

Aww, what a fun story! I am DYING to see your pictures, we are looking at Shades of Green tomorrow as a potential wedding site! Do you have the pics in some sort of online album you could link us to?

My pictures should be back up on Oct. 12 (Monday) YAY! Did you like the SOG?

You will love SOG. I used to see everyone else's PJ on here and would get a little jealous once in a while. But in the end, it was so worth it. I loved my wedding and everything about it. Plus, it only ended up being around 8,000 for EVERYTHING and I know I wouldn't have been able to have everything I got for that price through Disney. It was more important to me to have all of my family and friends there. You won't regret it!

The bouquet thing, I never really thought about how I should hold it, and I was holding it like the Statue of Liberty holds her torch (ok that might be a little exaggeration, but close enough). I just was so caught up in everything and enjoying everything that my bouquet never crossed my mind and I held it too high! =) Not a big deal though.

My pictures should be back up on Oct. 12 (Monday) YAY! Did you like the SOG?

Thank you for the reassurance that'll help talk me out of being a little jealous of the DFTW brides. ;) The price for what I really wanted isn't possible, and whenever I look at the SoG pictures, it reinforces that it will be a beautiful place to get married. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures once you have them back up!

Oh my, the uplifted bouquet thing sounds pretty cute. The important thing is how much you were enjoying your wedding and everything! I'll have to think about that a bit...just in case.

Thank you for the reassurance that'll help talk me out of being a little jealous of the DFTW brides. ;) The price for what I really wanted isn't possible, and whenever I look at the SoG pictures, it reinforces that it will be a beautiful place to get married. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures once you have them back up!

Oh my, the uplifted bouquet thing sounds pretty cute. The important thing is how much you were enjoying your wedding and everything! I'll have to think about that a bit...just in case.

Like I said, you won't be disappointed! My wedding day was perfect, everything I wanted, and it all came in less than 8,000 (including my dress, flowers, hair/makeup, photography, host bar for the whole night, dinner for 115, EVERYTHING!)

My pictures are back up now! YAY, so now you can go see what I meant with my flowers.

I left off at the family pictures...

While we were taking family pictures, our guests were enjoying the cocktail hour. We had appetizers, I think we had egg rolls, spanakapita (I have no idea how to say or spell that) and something else, but for the life of me I can’t remember what we had. We also had an open bar for our guests (there is a picture of them lining up below). Here are some pictures that someone took with my camera.

ch1.jpg

ch10.jpg

ch11.jpg

ch12.jpg

ch2.jpg

ch3.jpg

Here are some teachers I work with.

ch4.jpg

And more teachers I work with

ch5.jpg

ch6.jpg

ch7.jpg

ch8.jpg

ch9.jpg

After the family pictures, I took some pictures with my bridesmaids by Mickey.

fp1.jpg

fp2.jpg

fp3.jpg

fp4.jpg

fp5.jpg

fp6.jpg

Kim and I took a couple in the lobby

fp8.jpg

fp9.jpg

We then headed right outside the entrance to the lobby to take some pictures outside. This area is right outside the entrance. I took a few with my bridesmaids and then someone went to find the groomsmen to join us (of course my brother and ryan’s brother were at the bar).

fp10.jpg

fp17.jpg

fp13.jpg

fp15.jpg

fp16.jpg

fp14.jpg

fp11.jpg

fp12.jpg

At this point I told our bridal party to go and enjoy the rest of the cocktail hour. We only had about 15-20 minutes left and Randy wanted to go and take some pictures by the waterfall, which was a decent walk (well hustle). Ryan grabbed my dress and we followed Randy at a pretty fast pace down the hill to the water fall. I’m glad we did, because they are some of my favorite pictures. If you look closely there is even a rainbow in one of them!

fp20.jpg

fp21.jpg

fp22.jpg

fp23.jpg

Oh, at one point Randy told us to move closer to the water, and I almost fell and rolled down the hill in to the water. Wouldn’t that have been funny!? Here is us laughing about it.

fp24.jpg

fp25.jpg

fp27.jpg

fp28.jpg

fp29.jpg

fp30.jpg

fp31.jpg

After taking a few pictures at the waterfall we took pictures on the way back to the reception.

fp32.jpg

fp33.jpg

fp34.jpg

fp35.jpg

fp36.jpg

This next one is one of my favorites

fp37.jpg

fp38.jpg

fp39.jpg

fp46.jpg

fp43.jpg

fp44.jpg

fp45.jpg

fp42.jpg

fp41.jpg

fp40.jpg

fp46.jpg

fp19.jpg

fp18.jpg

That's it for now. Hopefully I can get to the reception tonight and maybe start on Hawaii this weekend!!!!

So many great pictures, Randy did a fantastic job again! You should post some favorites on the Randy thread, several brides were hoping for updates on there http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1719602

How cool you were able to get a rainbow in the one shot of you! I've only saw a rainbow in one other shot before and that was over the wedding pavilion. I'm a religious person and the rainbow holds so much significance for promise and blessings; definitely a great sign on a wedding day!

Some of my favorite shots - you and the girls with Mickey; the bridal party in the lobby; you and DH in front of the waterfall and the shot looking down on the two of you in the lobby towards the end; and my ultimate favorite the shot of you two laughing - it looks so natural and you both look so happy! SOG has some beautiful places on its property. I'm so excited to see more!

Wow - what wonderful photos! The ones of the two of you laughing are really magical and special. Thank you for sharing the pix...it'll help us with places to do some of our photos at SoG too. :cool2:

Great pics! The ones by the waterfall are great and how amazing that you even have a rainbow in them!

Thank you! I was so excited when I noticed the rainbow in the picture, I thought that was luck and a great sign!

So many great pictures, Randy did a fantastic job again! You should post some favorites on the Randy thread, several brides were hoping for updates on there http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1719602

How cool you were able to get a rainbow in the one shot of you! I've only saw a rainbow in one other shot before and that was over the wedding pavilion. I'm a religious person and the rainbow holds so much significance for promise and blessings; definitely a great sign on a wedding day!

Some of my favorite shots - you and the girls with Mickey; the bridal party in the lobby; you and DH in front of the waterfall and the shot looking down on the two of you in the lobby towards the end; and my ultimate favorite the shot of you two laughing - it looks so natural and you both look so happy! SOG has some beautiful places on its property. I'm so excited to see more!

Thank you!!! I thought it was so neat having a rainbow! SOG does have nice places for pictures, I loved it there! Thanks for the compliments. I'm really sick right now, but I'm going to try and finish the reception this week!

Wow - what wonderful photos! The ones of the two of you laughing are really magical and special. Thank you for sharing the pix...it'll help us with places to do some of our photos at SoG too. :cool2:

Thank you! I know I've told you before but you will love SOG! Who is your photographer?

ohh Stacey.. you have a rainbow in one of your photos... WOW!
:goodvibes I was so excited when I noticed it! What luck!

Love all of your photos! :goodvibes And so glad you did not fall into the water! Nothing like an impromptu trash-the-dress session! :rotfl:

Thank you! I know, I'm so glad I didn't, it would have been something to laugh at now, although, I don't think I would have stayed as cool as I had been through the whole process. I don't know how I would of reacted to that!:confused3

Thank you!!! I thought it was so neat having a rainbow! SOG does have nice places for pictures, I loved it there! Thanks for the compliments. I'm really sick right now, but I'm going to try and finish the reception this week!

Thank you! I know I've told you before but you will love SOG! Who is your photographer?

I hope you feel better soon! It's definitely no fun being sick. :hug:

My best friend is my photographer...but she just had an emergency appendectomy yesterday, and she's in tons of pain and says she's going to need a lot of recovery time. I may have to come up with a Plan B if she feels she will be unable to do our photography by December 11. I'm really worried about her primarily, of course, but now I wonder if I need to look into contingency plans. :confused:

I hope you feel better soon! It's definitely no fun being sick. :hug:

My best friend is my photographer...but she just had an emergency appendectomy yesterday, and she's in tons of pain and says she's going to need a lot of recovery time. I may have to come up with a Plan B if she feels she will be unable to do our photography by December 11. I'm really worried about her primarily, of course, but now I wonder if I need to look into contingency plans. :confused:

Oh no! I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. Here is some pixie dust for you! pixiedust:

I hope it all works out in the end. Do you have any idea of what you might do for a backup?

Oh no! I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. Here is some pixie dust for you! pixiedust:

I hope it all works out in the end. Do you have any idea of what you might do for a backup?

Thank you! My friend texted me yesterday, saying her stomach is full of staples and she doesn't get out of the hospital until some time on Friday. At least she was feeling up to doing a quick text last night... (We live in different cities, 4 hours apart, or I'd go storm the hospital!)

If she doesn't feel like she's going to be up to doing the photography, I have to hope I'll still be able to book someone at this late date. (Not to mention adding photography to my budget.) Randy did such a beautiful job on your photos and had some wonderful ideas for photos around SoG for you, so I would probably start with hoping he's not already booked for that date and time. I know he's popular, so it's probably a long shot. If not him, there are a few other photographers who've gotten raves on these boards. Hopefully someone will still be available, if she tells me she's not expecting to be up to the physical aspect of lugging camera equipment and taking the photos. If she doesn't say anything by early next week, I may have to ask as tactfully as possible...

Well I hope it all turns out okay. Randy is very reasonably priced. I didn't think I would be able to afford him. I went very basic with Randy and only used him for 3 hours.

I hope your friend gets better soon! :goodvibes

Well I hope it all turns out okay. Randy is very reasonably priced. I didn't think I would be able to afford him. I went very basic with Randy and only used him for 3 hours.

I hope your friend gets better soon! :goodvibes

Thank you! It's good to know that Randy's really reasonably priced, and you have options for keeping the budget down. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter