Stacey and Ryan SOG 8/1/09 Updated 3/27 Hawaii Day 2

I hope you got it all figured out!!!! Have a great wedding:goodvibes

Randy was booked, but we were able to get David and Vicki Arndt. :cool1: My friend is healing, but it's going to take a while before she feels fully herself and can do everything again.

Thank you for the good wishes!! Looking forward to more pictures and stories once you have time to post more in your TR.

Randy was booked, but we were able to get David and Vicki Arndt. :cool1: My friend is healing, but it's going to take a while before she feels fully herself and can do everything again.

Thank you for the good wishes!! Looking forward to more pictures and stories once you have time to post more in your TR.

I'm glad you got someone! I will try to post soon, you would think that since I have a week off I would be able to find some time to write an update :confused3

Wow! I have been so MIA lately! I had 2 weeks off from school and didn't do anything yet I found no time to devote to my TR! :confused3

I did come back to a nice surprise. I was nominated for the Best Disney wedding overall on thatdisneygirl's blog! How crazy is that! I'm super excited! Although, I know I don't stand a chance against the other two weddings, it was nice to be nominated!!! =)

I will try to finish this up this week! Promise!

Reception: Part 1

Ok, so I believe I left off with us taking pictures outside. Audra came out to tell us it was time to start the reception so we headed in to start the introductions.

rec26.jpg

Ryan’s parents

rec2.jpg

My parents and Addison

rec3.jpg

Harry with the junior bridesmaids (He thought he was pretty cool)

rec4.jpg

My brother Chris and Ryan’s sis Mel

rec5.jpg

MOH Kim and BM Ron

rec6.jpg

And then they introduced us as husband and wife!!! It was so exciting and nerve wrecking all at once. I hate being the center of attention and was dreading our first dance. We never took dance lessons and I don’t know how to dance at all! So, off we went in to the center of the dance floor for our dance. We danced to “Groovy Kind of Love” by Phil Collins. It has been our song since we started dating over 5 years ago!

rec7.jpg

rec8.jpg

rec9.jpg

rec10.jpg

rec11.jpg

I survived our first dance and we went and took our seats for the toasts. My dad and Ryan’s dad gave a toast. And then Rev. Mount gave the blessing. Our dinner was pretty good. We had tomato soup, salad, and then chicken and salmon with potatoes and vegetables. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and it was reasonably priced.

rec15.jpg

rec12.jpg

rec16.jpg

rec18.jpg

rec13.jpg

rec14.jpg

rec19.jpg

Here is my cousin eating the soup

rec29.jpg

Here is the picture she colored while waiting for her dinner

rec27.jpg

After dinner we did the cake cutting. Now, here is our secret. We wanted to save money, since we were on a budget so we only had Randy Chapman for 3 hours. We set it up so he was there for our first dance but this cake cutting picture isn’t our real cake cutting. We did a pretend shot in between the ceremony and reception when we went in to see the room before everyone went in. So, by the time we were doing the real cake cutting, Randy was already gone.

rec22.jpg

rec21.jpg

rec35.jpg

rec36.jpg

You can see one of the hidden Mickey’s in this picture

rec37.jpg

While the staff was cutting and serving the cake we did the father/daughter, mother/son dance. My dad wouldn’t tell me what song he picked and it was a surprise. He picked “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw. It made me cry, and I enjoyed this moment with my dad. Ryan and his mom dance to “What a Wonderful World”

rec41.jpg

rec42.jpg

rec43.jpg

After cake we did the bouquet and garter toss. I think I mentioned before but Kim’s mom went out to get my garter the day of the wedding. I am telling you, I was the least organized and least stressed bride ever! I just went with the flow…

rec44.jpg

rec45.jpg

I can’t find a picture of the bouquet toss right now, I’m sure there is one out there somewhere. But my MOH Kim ended up catching it. A fellow co-worker, Jason caught the garter. They are both very outgoing people and I think Jason enjoyed putting the garter on Kim’s leg a little too much (and his girlfriend didn’t mind a bit!)

rec46.jpg

After all of the formalities were out of the way we just danced the night away. At some point Addison started getting tired and Kim’s mom took her up to my parent’s room to put her to bed. Here is a picture of her before she left. Now, I know it’s not a great picture, but I’m trying to point out the chocolate on her dress. She hung out at the candy buffet all night. There are so many pictures out there of her getting chocolate from different people!

rec30.jpg

Speaking of the candy buffet here are some pics

The boxes that we made with the poem:

rec32.jpg

rec33.jpg

rec34.jpg

After lots of dancing (including the Cupid Shuffle, yes I’m a dork and a big fan of the shuffle! I do it with my class a lot!!), people were tired and started heading out. Ryan and I were able to leave my mom and Audra and others to tidy up so we said our goodbyes and headed up to our room.

rec25.jpg

rec39.jpg

rec47.jpg

rec48.jpg

Apparently it’s a family tradition (my mom’s rowdy English side) to trash the room of the bride and groom. It was pretty bad when we got back and we had no where to sleep. I wasn’t very happy. We ended up getting about an hour sleep before we got up to head to the airport for HAWAII as a married couple! I will start that TR hopefully this weekend!

Our wedding was AMAZING! Everything I wanted and more! We had a low budget and I think we did pretty good. We kept it between $7,500-$8,000. That was for EVERYTHING! My dress, my bridesmaids dresses, the location, dinner for 120, an open bar for the whole night, flowers, the candy buffet, you name it! It is definitely possible to have your dream wedding and keep it cheap! I wouldn’t have changed a thing (well maybe Addison falling down the stairs)! Here are a few pics from the reception I didn’t get to fit in! If you want to get married at Disney and can’t afford it SOG is a great option if you are able to use the resort! It is an amazing place and very affordable!

rec40.jpg

rec1.jpg

rec17.jpg

In this next one, apparently my cousin went and asked the DJ if he could clear the dance floor so she could dance by herself and she started crying when he told her no! =) I would have let her if I would have known!

rec20.jpg

rec24.jpg

rec28.jpg

rec31.jpg

rec38.jpg

Yay! You finished your wedding report! I loved all the pictures from the reception, it looks like everyone had a great time!

Can't wait to hear about Hawaii!

Yay! You finished your wedding report! I loved all the pictures from the reception, it looks like everyone had a great time!

Can't wait to hear about Hawaii!

Thanks! We just posted on each others PJ/TR at the same time like to the minute 9:42!!

Yay! Stacey's back! Love the finish of your day. Everything was so beautiful! Can't wait to hear about Hawaii!

Hi!

I just read all 31 pages of your report.. wow - what a beautiful wedding!! :lovestruc

I can't believe I missed this PJ .. we have several DIS friends in common!

I love the candy station you guys had.. I would like something similar at our wedding (DBF proposed on xmas morning - so now i'm in wedding-planning mode for June 2011!)

luv to you & your family .. Addison is adorable!

Emma princess: x x

It looks like everything at your reception turned out fantastic. How smart to do the "fake" cake cutting while utilizing your time with Randy. I loved the candy bar, we did one at our at-home reception and it was a huge hit!

Your wedding was so amazing! I am shocked at how little you were able to spend to have such a beautiful event. Our budget was double that and we only had 50 guests!

I'm so glad you were able to finish. I finally got a chance to finish my at-home reception today :goodvibes

Hey Stace!

Haven't been on here in a while but figured while things have started to calm down I would get back into the DIS. Oh how I miss the boards. Your wedding came out beautifully! Everything was amazing! and your right it is so easy to have an affordable wedding at SOG and it is just as beautiful! :thumbsup2 I never got to finish my wedding TR but I figured I would start back up on it and get back into the groove. :goodvibes Oh BTW your pics are beautiful! Isn't Randy AMAZING!!!!

Yay! Stacey's back! Love the finish of your day. Everything was so beautiful! Can't wait to hear about Hawaii!

Thank you!!! I'm going to get started on Hawaii soon! I'm so excited for you because your big day is coming up fast!!! I can't wait for your TR!

Hi!

I just read all 31 pages of your report.. wow - what a beautiful wedding!! :lovestruc

I can't believe I missed this PJ .. we have several DIS friends in common!

I love the candy station you guys had.. I would like something similar at our wedding (DBF proposed on xmas morning - so now i'm in wedding-planning mode for June 2011!)

luv to you & your family .. Addison is adorable!

Emma princess: x x

Thank you for joining! Congratulations on the proposal! Wedding planning is so much fun, just don't let it get the best of you. You see on TV all of those brides who get so worked up over everything. I was the complete opposite and probably drove my mom and wedding planner insane because I was too easy going! June 2011 will be here before you know it. It's great that you have so much time because you can buy stuff here and there and spread out the cost over a long period of time! Thanks again!

It looks like everything at your reception turned out fantastic. How smart to do the "fake" cake cutting while utilizing your time with Randy. I loved the candy bar, we did one at our at-home reception and it was a huge hit!

Your wedding was so amazing! I am shocked at how little you were able to spend to have such a beautiful event. Our budget was double that and we only had 50 guests!

I'm so glad you were able to finish. I finally got a chance to finish my at-home reception today :goodvibes

Thank you Vanessa! I was so excited that we kept our costs low. I was a very cost conscious bride. Our Candy bar was a huge hit also! I just finished checking out your ending. Your at home reception was incredible! I loved it!
Hey Stace!

Haven't been on here in a while but figured while things have started to calm down I would get back into the DIS. Oh how I miss the boards. Your wedding came out beautifully! Everything was amazing! and your right it is so easy to have an affordable wedding at SOG and it is just as beautiful! :thumbsup2 I never got to finish my wedding TR but I figured I would start back up on it and get back into the groove. :goodvibes Oh BTW your pics are beautiful! Isn't Randy AMAZING!!!!

Oh Ashley! I'm so glad you're back!!!! How is married life!? Randy was great, we loved him, very nice to work with! Get on your TR girl, I want to hear all about it!!!!

I did come back to a nice surprise. I was nominated for the Best Disney wedding overall on thatdisneygirl's blog! How crazy is that! I'm super excited! Although, I know I don't stand a chance against the other two weddings, it was nice to be nominated!!! =)

You won!! You guys officially had the Best Disney Wedding Overall of 2009! Congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations:cheer2: Have enjoyed your wedding report. Wishing you a long and happy life together.:love:
Judi

WOW that sounds like a wonderful wedding...I spent all day reading this instead of working...opps! Can't wait to hear about the honeymoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter