Standard view at the Boardwalk Villas

Has anyone ever stayed at the Boardwalk Villas in a Standard room Studio to save on points? We are looking for Sept of 2012 and it is a 31 pt savings... Do you recommend.?
Yes, I do! I've done the BW view once and it was lovely but I like to sit out on my balcony and I prefer not to have the population watch me have coffee in my robe. :blush: BW view is not important to me, I'd rather save points for an AKV Savana view or BLT MK view or to add an extra day.

I've stayed multiple times at the BW, standard view. I book generally 6 to 7 months out, always a 2br, we travel in Feb, Jun, Aug & Nov and I've gotten my request each and every time, no problem. I've always gotten a view of the wide expansive lawn, left of the entrance way. It's lovely with trees, squirrels, & birds and it's quite a distance from the main road, so it does not lack privacy.

Love, love, love Boardwalk standard view! After staying at all Disney DVC locations, it is still my favorite because we LOVE the Boardwalk and the cheap points/night!:love:

Another BW studio standard view lover - we always request a room close to the elevator. Rather stretch the points and have more nights at the World than do a 1BR or another view - we only eat breakfast or have happy hour in the room anyway so the space is always fine for two adults.

We love the BWV location and the SV points make staying there easy on the point budget! This is expecially true between Christmas and NYE, I'm thrilled to be spending our 3rd NYE in a SV studio!:thumbsup2

I usually stay at the animal kingdom lodge but this year i am staying 6 nights at kidani village and one in bwv but im staying at a standard view. What do you recommend me about that???????????? never stayed there b4:confused3

I am also a dvc member since 08. Last year i stayed at okw in a 1 bedroom preatty nice:thumbsup2 and also stayed at animal kingdom lodge at the jambo house that was nice 2 in 09. This year im trying 2 resorts but still need advice 4 BWV in standard view :rolleyes:

We stayed at BWV as first time DVC members this past Feb. Our home resort is BLT, but wanted to conserve points so we tried BWV. There wasn't a standard studio available , but there was garden view (pool view). Well, our view was of...a tree. Not a far away view of the tree but a closeup on the top portion of a tree which encompassed our whole view. We couldn't see any of the pool at all., just leaves. So I was a bit disappointed to pay extra points to look at a closeup of leaves. However, despite the view, we loved BWVs....we kind of wish that was actually our home resort. I loved, loved, loved that EPCOT was within walking distance and just loved the general theme overall.
IMO, since we don't have a plethora of points at our disposal, I'm all about sacrificing points to get a better view or save them up for another vacation. :)

We used to always stay BW view (even before it was a guaranteed category), but have moved to getting the standard view over the past couple years. In May we got the garden/pool view as we booked too late, and I really think the standard views are better than the view we had (two separate villas, both with a view of a tree). We're booked for standard view again next year.

We stayed at BWV as first time DVC members this past Feb. Our home resort is BLT, but wanted to conserve points so we tried BWV. There wasn't a standard studio available , but there was garden view (pool view). Well, our view was of...a tree. Not a far away view of the tree but a closeup on the top portion of a tree which encompassed our whole view. We couldn't see any of the pool at all., just leaves. So I was a bit disappointed to pay extra points to look at a closeup of leaves. However, despite the view, we loved BWVs....we kind of wish that was actually our home resort. I loved, loved, loved that EPCOT was within walking distance and just loved the general theme overall.
IMO, since we don't have a plethora of points at our disposal, I'm all about sacrificing points to get a better view or save them up for another vacation. :)

We were at BWV in late January, in a preferred/pool view one bedroom. We had a very nice view of the scary clown slide :scared1:! I would have preferred to overlook a quiet pool, and Tower of Terror, but the room was ready and I just wanted to check in. What I really didn't like, was that
they keep the pool lights on all night! The room was lit up, even through the thick drapes! But I totally agree with you, we LOVED BW. We loved walking to Epcot, and HS. And we loved the overall theming of the resort. Ohh, and the Boardwalk Bakery! The cupcakes were soooo yummy! I would not hesitate to stay at BW again, regardless of the view. I would love to have BW view, but I know it's almost impossible to get as a non-owner. Maybe an add on is in my future. The prices on the resale market are ridiculous right now!

Just booked my first trip on my points! Home is SSS but I love the BC and BW. I booked BWV for a trip for myself and my DD in January, got a preferred view studio for the nights I wanted. I am so happy and can't wait!:banana:

You have to be very lucky to get a standard view room seven months out. One bedrooms have a little better availability, but two bedrooms and studios at seven months are a rare bird year round.

You have to be very lucky to get a standard view room seven months out. One bedrooms have a little better availability, but two bedrooms and studios at seven months are a rare bird year round.
Thanks! We are sharing it with family and trying to decide how many points to transfer to one account. I think we will plan on boardwalk/pool view.

I once got a standard view 1 bedroom at 7 months for late April. I was combining points with a BCV friend and had to wait for 7 months.

I once got a standard view 1 bedroom at 7 months for late April. I was combining points with a BCV friend and had to wait for 7 months.

It happens - as does BW View. It has been even known to happen over Food and Wine. I suspect it happens less now than it used to because BWV owners are even more diligent in scooping those rooms up - plus the apparent improvements in the waitlist. But doing your point planning around it is a little like doing your retirement planning based on lottery tickets.

It happens - as does BW View. It has been even known to happen over Food and Wine. I suspect it happens less now than it used to because BWV owners are even more diligent in scooping those rooms up - plus the apparent improvements in the waitlist. But doing your point planning around it is a little like doing your retirement planning based on lottery tickets.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Exactly! Like the lottery ads say "It COULD Happen!" But it rarely does. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter