Standard view at the Boardwalk Villas

It happens - as does BW View. It has been even known to happen over Food and Wine. I suspect it happens less now than it used to because BWV owners are even more diligent in scooping those rooms up - plus the apparent improvements in the waitlist. But doing your point planning around it is a little like doing your retirement planning based on lottery tickets.
I think it can happen more commonly that some think with a little effort. I pieced together a full 7 night Dec stay last year by reserving and the wait list. I stalked some but not that much. The point being it's not something that might happen but likely won't, more it's something that truly can happen but isn't overly likely without effort and the WL.

I think it can happen more commonly that some think with a little effort. I pieced together a full 7 night Dec stay last year by reserving and the wait list. I stalked some but not that much. The point being it's not something that might happen but likely won't, more it's something that truly can happen but isn't overly likely without effort and the WL.

Not that it was easy but I actually got 3 standard studios for a week during Food and Wine.

Not that it was easy but I actually got 3 standard studios for a week during Food and Wine.
That's the point, there are ways to get most things consistently and most everything at some time or another. The risk and stress may not be worth it for some though.

That's the point, there are ways to get most things consistently and most everything at some time or another. The risk and stress may not be worth it for some though.

And if more and more people do it, there will be less and less chance of getting it consistently, even with the work. When booking went online, things tightened up because it was easier to stalk reservations - future changes may make it even more difficult. There are only so many standard studios, and a lot of demand. Plus, there is the risk that you end up moving rooms - perhaps even more than once, if the holes don't fill in your reservation.

Don't count on them. Try for them, sure. Perhaps even work for them if you want. But understand that you might end up with nothing, or a split stay. And if you are operating with a limited number of points to start with, you could find yourself without the room you started with, and without the room you were going for.

And if more and more people do it, there will be less and less chance of getting it consistently, even with the work. When booking went online, things tightened up because it was easier to stalk reservations - future changes may make it even more difficult. There are only so many standard studios, and a lot of demand. Plus, there is the risk that you end up moving rooms - perhaps even more than once, if the holes don't fill in your reservation.

Don't count on them. Try for them, sure. Perhaps even work for them if you want. But understand that you might end up with nothing, or a split stay. And if you are operating with a limited number of points to start with, you could find yourself without the room you started with, and without the room you were going for.
And the new resort may impact that option as well.

We've been doing standard view studios ever since the points reallocation awhile back, and I've been happy with them. Certainly not as good as a Boardwalk View, but I think they are definitely comparable with a pool/garden view. Here is the view we had this May:

bvwstandard.jpg
Super old thread , 😂 sorry to digging it up. Do you have any idea what room number you got or any suggestions on how to make a request to get something with a similar view? Thank you

Super old thread , 😂 sorry to digging it up. Do you have any idea what room number you got or any suggestions on how to make a request to get something with a similar view? Thank you
You need to request "view of tennis courts" or "near tennis courts" to get that view. Or maybe "near walkway/canal to DHS" would do it. Basically, you want one of the rooms along that wing at the bottom left of the photo in this thread. And "high floor" too of course.

You need to request "view of tennis courts" or "near tennis courts" to get that view. Or maybe "near walkway/canal to DHS" would do it. Basically, you want one of the rooms along that wing at the bottom left of the photo in this thread. And "high floor" too of course.

Thank you!!

You stayed in a room with a tower of terror view right? Do you remember the number?

Thank you!!

You stayed in a room with a tower of terror view right? Do you remember the number?
I did, but not a standard view. It was one of the P/G views overlooking the quiet pool, facing DHS. I did have a standard view looking towards DHS, but not high enough to see over the trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter