• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Still in the land of limbo.... On Thursday, secured the 5K for myself and my girlfriend. Today trying to get the challenge.

Got in for the Challenge! Will see what happens next year. Hopefully it happens. Also registered for the Princess challenge as well.
I expect the star wars races will happen if we do the princess races. Still waiting on 2020 Princess Half Marathon Top Finisher's award.

Last edited:
Got my kids and I all registered for the 10k. Its their first 10k and their first runDisney event. I'm SOOOO excited for them. I sat in queue for quite a long time and was starting to get discouraged so i went and made a cup up coffee and came back to the login screen!! :cool1:

Word from my TA is to expect links to register starting today or in the next few days. I’m hoping they really did get me a bib. I was charged, so it should be true!! 😁
yeah, that part is always nerve wrecking because you "know" you have one via TA but now the links come AFTER regular registration starts, unlike years ago where we'd get them a week or two BEFORE....so yeah, it feels weird to sit there and tell yourself you are good, but internally you are freaking out till you actually get the email.

In for the 10K. That was the largest monetary risk I was willing to take in the event I don't like the state of the world next April lol

Signed up for the virtual half too so if it all goes south at least I have that :)

Registration was surprisingly less stressful than I was anticipating....

Yeah I am following for the heck of it and everything still open.
Wonder if they did not limit the number of runners. Signed up for the Princess 2021 and that sold out within the 1/2 hour. I imagine they limited the numbers for that registration.

Ok. I couldn’t resist. I had planned to skip this one, but...

I registered for the 5k, Challenge & Kessel Run.

We’ll just call it a repurposing of my W&D refund. I just have a bad feeling about MW and don’t want to be shut out of the first half of next year entirely. It was also surprisingly easy to register. I didn’t start trying until 10:20 and had no issues getting both registrations done separately. I wonder if they’re backing off some of the capacity restrictions?

So difficult not to sign myself up for an on-site race. Would be my first. Just doing virtual races now. Trying to save on-site for when I live closer to WDW, but this is driving me crazy. Some day, just got to keep saying some day...:fish:

I asked in an email about kids' dashes. It sounds like it depends on the COVID situation, since those shorter races are harder to socially distance. I wouldn't expect registration to open until much closer to race day (Marathon Weekend's kids races haven't opened yet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter