"Stay out of the damn lakes" and don't use some plastic water bottles

drwitz

Living the dream in Florida!
Just listening to the 7/29 Disboards podcast and the team has recommendations to bring plastic water bottles with you all the time in the heat. Just want to make sure that people are aware of the health concerns on Bisphenol A (and especially for young kids).

Bisphenol A is an additive found in some plastics which has been proved to be toxic in humans. Melting plastics (or plastics in hot weather) can also leech Bisphenal A so it is important that you make sure that your water bottle is not one of the plastic ones made from Bisphenol A.

Along with the lakes and the snakes, something to keep in mind.

If you want more info -- see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A for a description of the issue.

I will not fill it from the lake
I will not feed it to a snake....

Thanks for the link. I've always meant to look into this but never get around to it.

stinky lake water is what Disney pumps thru its pipes and calls 'water fountains'

that is the whole reason they dont want anyone swimming in the lake, because people would P and make the fountain water taste better :scared1:

Wait, I thought that the lake water was $2.50 a bottle?

There has to be a better value use for a snack credit right? Can't I just use my resort mug from last year and fill that with snake water, I mean lake water?

Is lagoon water included in this discussion too? I think they charge extra for lagoon water

have you drank the fountain water..tastes like stinky lake water

To say that the water in the lakes is used in the drinking fountains is just spreading bad information.

Of course I have had the drinking fountain water. But I haven't drank out of the lakes lately.

To say that the water in the lakes is used in the drinking fountains is just spreading bad information.

Of course I have had the drinking fountain water. But I haven't drank out of the lakes lately.

I doubt the poster was being serious! But heck, I think Dasani tastes like stinky lake water.

Thank heavens for Smartwater!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter