Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

We'll be there with you the 16th-20th. We requested AB, but now I am reconsidering MB, for the elevators. Anyway I am not going to do online check-in, so when we check-in I may can get them to play switch a roo if we do not like where we are put. I don't know if I really want a second floor room in AB now.

I really do not care if it is AB or MB. I just want to be close to the bus stop, food court and main pool. This is the first time I will be going with my 7 yr old with our a stroller. He is just to big now. Granted he is only 50lbs but he is tall. I would certainly get some funny looks! He is 56 inches tall and I am 62 inches tall. I can't carry him is he gets tired and he is not the best walker. Being really far away would be torture!

Its looking like Im gonna be here Jan 28th- Feb 2nd.. The resort looks wonderful.. Im getting the kingbed and Im gonna request top floor in the AB.. Anyone got kingbed pics or now if they are located on top floor or just bottom?

:worship:

We are going to be at the POR starting Sat. the 28th - Dec. 2. We are so excited, this will be our first stay at the Riverside. Thanks for the pics everyone.:goodvibes

We are leaving on Tuesday the 15th. I requested an AB room (not sure it that is what they are called. The buildings to the left of the food court) but since there is only the two of us I am concerned I may not get that area. It is DS7 and myself traveling since we are alone and I am small (can't carry him!) I want to be close to the food court, pool and bus. Suggestions on another building to stay in? I think the mansions are also close. Suggestion please on what building to ask for please! Thanks!

Have a look at the map in the FAQ thread here. I'd suggest Alligator Bayou lodge 14 is the closest, followed by the nearby ones 16,17,18 and 27. If you're much further out than that, a river-view room in one of the mansions might be worth trying too.

Have a chat with the front-desk cast members when you check in and they'll try to help you. Don't be afraid to ask them to check for other rooms which might become free later in the day (rather than just ones that are ready while you are standing at the desk) if you don't mind waiting a bit for the room while you go head off to the parks or swim, get something to eat, etc.

Andre

We are leaving on Tuesday the 15th. I requested an AB room (not sure it that is what they are called. The buildings to the left of the food court) but since there is only the two of us I am concerned I may not get that area. It is DS7 and myself traveling since we are alone and I am small (can't carry him!) I want to be close to the food court, pool and bus. Suggestions on another building to stay in? I think the mansions are also close. Suggestion please on what building to ask for please! Thanks!

We got room 2709 (obviously in building 27) At check-in I tried to change that, thinking that the location was not good. Come to find out, it is just a few steps from building 15. We could not have been happier with the location actually because the smoking spot (dh still smokes) was right outside our building, right by the Sassagoula. Wonderful. Although, the room was in dire need of cleaning and refurbishing. That was the only disappointing thing this time around.

Have a look at the map in the FAQ thread here. I'd suggest Alligator Bayou lodge 14 is the closest, followed by the nearby ones 16,17,18 and 27. If you're much further out than that, a river-view room in one of the mansions might be worth trying too.

Have a chat with the front-desk cast members when you check in and they'll try to help you. Don't be afraid to ask them to check for other rooms which might become free later in the day (rather than just ones that are ready while you are standing at the desk) if you don't mind waiting a bit for the room while you go head off to the parks or swim, get something to eat, etc.

Andre

Thank you for directing to the map so it looks like AB 14, 18 or Oak Manor are close to the main building with accesible walking paths etc. At the end of the day when my son is tired he just shuts down and at 7 he is getting to big for me to carry. It look hilarious when I even try! He is 56 inches tall and I am 62 inches tall. He weights 55lbs and I weigh 110. I am hoping soon he will be able to carry me at the end of the day!

We are back from our trip. I have to stay I like the themeing of the resort ... very pretty but the lack of organization and lack of customer service here was really bad. I posted in 2 thread while there about my horrible experience at this resort.

EDITED (LINKS DELETED) - I originally posted links to other threads in which I discuss this but apparently I am not allowed to. You will have to search my post to find out what happened.

In all truth, it is really a shame because this could be an awesome resort if it had better management. But the over all attitude of the staff here is pretty bad. They also have no idea what is happening and when. The campfires for example they told me they were on nights they do not have them. We show up with s'more makings in hand on 2 nights we were told it was happening and it was not. The guest also seemed so angry. I could tell there were many disgruntled guest there by their loud obnoxious comments about things. The food court was always chaotic! and the line really long. Hard to deal with with you have a young child with you. I finally gave my son his own try and let him go get what he wanted. I kept an eye on him for safety issues while I waited in my long line for a salad or whatever food I was eating that day. The salad line took F-O-R-E-V-E-R! is there a reason there is only one person making these? Same goes for the carving station, the pasta station, the omelet station and the ice cream area! But yet there were always 2-3 people on the burger/fish/chicken nugget area and no kids there!

I also did not like the size of this place. It was not easy finding my room at night. I did get an AB room 1862 which was a nice location and a corner room. Surprisingly, I have no complaints about the bus! The buses were fine. But I will be honest I like CSR better.

Thanks for posting all of your fantastic pics! We are a family of 5 plus an infant and will be staying, at this point, at the POR. Which units have the trundle bed? Also, I hope I am not too disappointed, I really enjoy a resort FULL of palm trees (coming from Seattle-the palm trees seem so tropical). The pics do not seem to depict a tropical get-a-way, since it is to represent Mississippi- it shouldn't really be vast with Palms. We are limited as to where we can stay with our family size. The deluxe hotels are basically out of our price range, since we have a fairly substantial amount to pay in airfare. We could stay at CSR but we stayed there last time we visited and we were quite unhappy (we did not like the food court as the foods were too extravagant for small kids, and there was 2 days they did not clean our room). I am trying to get very excited for POR though! HELP!!! :-)

Heres some pics I had on my hard drive. I don't know if I posted these before but I'll toss them up again just incase.

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

DSC01989.jpg

DSC01990.jpg

DSC01991.jpg

DSC01992.jpg

lovely pics i think that's where i wanna stay next time I'm @ wdw besides grand floridian

We are considering a PORS stay in April - a Family of 5.... so we dont have many options... We have enjoyed the pictures and feedback. Keep them coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter