Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Looks like I'm going to give my new camera a workout at POR!! I see lots of great picture opportunities!! Very pretty and lush..and it just so happens that I have a "foilage" setting on my camera!

Does anyone have any pictures of POR from Christmas this past year? I'd love to see what it looks like if it is decorated! :)

I will be at the Port Orleans March 1st,2010. I will take lots of Pics for all of you :) when I get back i just need help being taught how to post them...

I'm getting excited seeing these pics! I love planning a WDW trip! Thanks for sharing guys!:thumbsup2

Anyone have any pictures, or can point me in the right direction, of the Christmas decorations at Riverside and FQ? What are these two resorts like at Christmas?

We're staying at the POR as part of a Grand Gathering. Will they put us in rooms in the same area? Also some rooms consist of 4 people and some of 5. I hope they dont split us up into different parts of the resort based on the number of people in the room. Has anyone had any experience with this?:confused3

I'd even pay the extra $15 (or whatever the charge is) a night to have the trundle bed in the room if it would guarantee that we would be close to the rest of the group. It will be so nice to sit and relax with friends/family after the kids go to sleep but if we all spread out we won't be able to do that.

If you all want to stay in the same section then that'd mean Alligator Bayou ideally, have you put that in your room requests? How many rooms have you got booked, and are they linked reservations (apart from your Grand Gathering).

If you want to fax the resort to confirm / reiterate your requests then I'd suggest doing so the number of days ahead that you have rooms booked - i.e. two days before your arrival for two rooms, three days for three rooms, and four days for anything greater. Just ask them for a close area of your choice rather than for adjoining rooms (it's more unlikely that four or five rooms right next door to each other would come up on the same day).

Andre

Looks great at Christmas!

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

No Christmas decorations here, but still loved seeing this in Dec. as opposed to snow.
DSC01586.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

Here are a few more pictures of POR from our trip last December! Loved every minute of our stay - can't wait to go back.

POR all decked out for Christmas
121_121.jpg

Our room in Magnolia Bend (Parterre Place)
009_9.jpg

View of our building from the front
045_45.jpg

Beautiful courtyard right outside our room
046_46.jpg

Sassagoula River
118_118.jpg

Horse-drawn carriage ride
048_48.jpg

Parterre Place at dusk
118_118-1.jpg

Sorry, no Christmas shots (we were at POFQ then)... but I do have a few others from POR last July...

Arriving...

IMG_1116a.jpg

Our building in the Alligator Bayou section...

IMG_1232a.jpg

Yeehaw Bob in the River Roost Lounge...

IMG_1970.jpg

My (then) four-year-old at the kiddie pool (which was quite large, even if you can't tell from this picture)...

IMG_1925a.jpg

Just after a light rain...

IMG_1227a.jpg

Riverside Mill...

IMG_1742a.jpg

POR Is The only resort i have stayed at. I love it everytime. Cant wait till May when im back. Im excited with you:banana:

How am I going to keep this secret from my kids until May 8?! They know something's up but can't figure out what and I'm bursting : )

How am I going to keep this secret from my kids until May 8?! They know something's up but can't figure out what and I'm bursting : )

I know how you feel. Our trip is a suprise December 4 - 12 and we are not spilling the beans until November 28th at DD's birthday party! We love to suprise our kids, so I know it will be worth all the secrecy!!

Trish

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this thread!! At first I was a little sad that we weren't staying at VWL or BWV this trip, but after looking at these pictures...I'm SUPER excited!!!! :yay::yay:

I really enjoyed this thread!! I think I looked through all the pics at least twice. We are staying at POR for the first time in september! I absolutely cannot wait!!!

Which building do you recommend staying in out of the Alligator Bayou buildings? I'd like something close to one of the first bus pick up stops so we make sure the bus isn't full. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter