• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Strange question regarding mil

Have you mentioned this to your husband? No matter what other factors there are, he should have the say-so here. He should feel comfortable with it. This is the kind of thing that should not come between a couple in a marriage. Unless you can truly find a way to say that a relationship with this other person is worth risking bad feelings with your husband or wife. If I feel that somebody is negative enough that I have to exclude them, for my own feelings, I don't think I would want my kids to have to deal with that too.

I have been happily married for 24 years and my MIL and I get along just fine. She is a nice lady and has, for the most part, stayed out of our business. I have talked to her on the phone, gone out to eat, gone to events, etc with her numerous times over the years. I call her Mom and she treats me like a daughter. I fact, she usually calls me instead of my hubby for any family stuff going on. My husband will go over to my Dad's house and help him when needed and before we put my grandma in a home, my hubby would mow her lawn and help her out when needed also. I don't see anything weird about it.

I play World of Warcraft with one of my son-in-laws (and DD#1 sa well), long distance.

The other SoIL, I've gone to lunch with and hung out with at both our home and his. Watching movies, and stuff.

DD#2 has spent a lot of time with her MiL. DD#1, not as much; they are not fond of each other.
I spent time with my MiL when I had to, for the brief time she lived with us. Other than that, never.

I'll play WOW with you. :)

So this thread has become mute point I have a doctor's appointment I totally forgot about snd I see that as a sign

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter