Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something helpful I’ve noticed during all this, it’s much easier to contact companies via Facebook than email or calling. (Not Disney but others..)

I was able to chat instantly with a rep through United Airlines on Facebook yesterday to get answers to my questions rather than having to call and wait on hold. They responded instantly. Might be useful to try for other airlines, etc.

Yep I get much better and more timely service via Twitter, especially airlines (Southwest, etc...) Plus, you get a written record and name, no room for miscommunication on either side.

I usually get good results with Hotels.com, but it took them weeks to resolve a missing reward I had (I wasn't in a rush).

ComicCon in San Diego canceled for late July, probably Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim at the end of August will be next....you can see where this timeframe is being pushed for reopening.

Keep in mind, a lot of summer events are not canceling to do assembly fears in the summer but rather the path to execute the event with all of the planning and travel that happens months leading up to it can not happen.

I have been involved in the cancellation of quite a few major events this summer primarily because things like vendors and sponsors could not solidify nor could travel planning take place...not because the mass gathering status would be unknown. Many companies that attend or exhibit at those events will not allow ANY business travel until they have a plan in place to limit liability for exposure for their workers. That planning and contracts happen for many months prior to an event for it to be pulled off at any given date.

Long story short, that is not an accurate indicator of the probable status by this summer. Many summer events have just exceeded the drop dead date to pull it off at this point.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, a lot of summer events are not canceling to do assembly fears in the summer but rather the path to execute the event with all of the planning and travel that happens months leading up to it can not happen.

I have been involved in the cancellation of quite a few major events this summer primarily because things like vendors and sponsors could not solidify nor could travel planning take place...not because the mass gathering status would be unknown. Many companies that attend or exhibit at those events will not allow ANY business travel until they have a plan in place to limit liability for exposure for their workers. That planning and contracts happen for many months prior to an event for it to be pulled off at any given date.

Long story short, that is not an accurate indicator of the probable status by this summer. Many summer events have just exceeded the drop dead date to pull it off at this point.

this. with my work we are having to make/ have made decisions regarding summer events not because of fears of everyone being together, but because all the logistics of planning the event are on hold. Example: a multi state event planning doesn’t work when all the agencies have put a hold on approving out of state travel.

Is it correct that there’s no extension for those of a with regular tickets (not passes, just separately bought tickets)?

Is it correct that there’s no extension for those of a with regular tickets (not passes, just separately bought tickets)?
Yes. Regular tickets expire on their respective expiration date.

If they are the socal resident tickets or canadian and new zealand resident tickets, there will be an extension for those.

As a reminder to everyone in this thread, certain websites are banned on the DIS Boards. Do not link to articles on these sites, post from these sites, or try to get around the ban on these sites. Your post will be deleted. Those sites are banned here for a reason. As we keep repeating here, this is a thread for official and accurate, factual news about the DLR Closure, not a thread for speculation, rumors, opinions, arguments, gossip, etc. This is not the thread for discussing the virus itself, public health policies, politics or political figures, opinions about politics or political figures, venting, ranting, or sarcasm. Please keep your posts respectful and courteous to others. Remember: hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the vehicle at ALL times. Thank you.

Has anyone had any luck with undercover tourist getting a refund for DL tickets? I have contacted on many occasions only to be told non refundable. However with travel unlikely i would prefer a refund.

Has anyone had any luck with undercover tourist getting a refund for DL tickets? I have contacted on many occasions only to be told non refundable. However with travel unlikely i would prefer a refund.
DLR tickets do say they are non-refundable, but we have had reports in the past of people getting refunds from authorized vendors if they had purchased trip insurance. If there is any chance you might use the tickets in the future, the tickets will not lose their original monetary value. You would be able to use the tickets on a future trip by applying them toward new tickets.

We have purchased tickets during the Canadian resident offer but due to covid there we will probably be forced to cancel or change our plans. We have a couple in our group who will not be able to go at all anymore due to this.

Since the tickets are linked to a name at purchase has anyone tried to either change the name or get a refund.
Thinking if I can at least get them moved to my name I could use them at a later date.

I'm possibly in the same boat. My understanding is the names aren't really associated to a ticket until you actually use them so you can apply the value of that pass towards future passes. My question is is it ever possible to get a refund especially considering the circumstances or can the value of the ticket be transferred to in-park credit or towards onsite accommodation. Could I use the value of the unused pass towards 3 one day tickets?

My question is is it ever possible to get a refund especially considering the circumstances or can the value of the ticket be transferred to in-park credit or towards onsite accommodation. Could I use the value of the unused pass towards 3 one day tickets?

In the past this hasn't been possible. Since these are unprecedented times, perhaps there could be (I hope) a change in policy in the near future 🤷‍♀️. But as of now, you can only upgrade an existing ticket to a ticket of greater value, not 3 lesser tickets.

I believe we will be able to use the amount we paid for the ticket towards the purchase of one later. I am going to try to call on Monday when I am at work to see if I can get an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter