Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've spent about 2hrs on hold and talked to two cast members so far that were of no help in rescheduling my current 5/3-5/8 vacation to October. Both have told me they don't see this special offer as being available for the dates I am want to book, 10/4-10/9. Not sure why the DL website is claiming the dates that I would qualify for and they don't make it available in the system...talk about frustrating.
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 12.45.58 PM.png

I just looked at the dining reservations, and it's showing the parks closed through April 6. But I tried making a reservation for May 25 for dinner, and it's showing nothing available. at any of the places I tried. The dates and places I've already reserved (so I know that there had been availability as of a few days ago) are also showing no availability, though my reservations haven't been cancelled.

I just looked at the dining reservations, and it's showing the parks closed through April 6. But I tried making a reservation for May 25 for dinner, and it's showing nothing available. at any of the places I tried. The dates and places I've already reserved (so I know that there had been availability as of a few days ago) are also showing no availability, though my reservations haven't been cancelled.
They aren't taking any reservations before June 1st including shuting down dining availability. I was able to schedule the first half on my now canceled trip but nothing since Saturday

I just re-booked from late April to mid September - hoping that all will be somewhat back to normal by then. I checked online to see what it would cost to book those dates and then called and was given the offer to as mentioned above. The cost difference was 30% cheaper to re-book with this offer. There is also a $50 resort credit per night that is in addition to that 30% saving. I was on hold for likely 30 minutes and the call to change took about 30 minutes as they are working from home and of course everything is taking longer to do. I'd highly recommend looking into re-booking with this incentive offer as there is no cancellation fees if you cancel within 5 days notice.

Guess I best change my countdown...stay safe everyone!

La Quinta Anaheim just cancelled both of my April reservations due to them being closed for COVID-19.

I'm glad they did it for me. Since the shelter in place was extended to May 1 for the Bay, I was officially and legally not going to be able to go anyways. Still easier when someone else does it, though.

La Quinta Anaheim just cancelled both of my April reservations due to them being closed for COVID-19.

I'm glad they did it for me. Since the shelter in place was extended to May 1 for the Bay, I was officially and legally not going to be able to go anyways. Still easier when someone else does it, though.
We have reservations at Majestic Garden next week and I’m hoping they’ve automatically canceled our reservation as well. But so far we’ve heard nothing. I tried calling and there is an automated message with an email address. I emailed them and no one has gotten back to me. It’s frustrating not having any way to actually speak to someone about it.

Well, I've spent about 2hrs on hold and talked to two cast members so far that were of no help in rescheduling my current 5/3-5/8 vacation to October. Both have told me they don't see this special offer as being available for the dates I am want to book, 10/4-10/9. Not sure why the DL website is claiming the dates that I would qualify for and they don't make it available in the system...talk about frustrating.
View attachment 484454
It says most nights between those dates not all nights. October is usually a very very very busy month at Disneyland so it’s possible that one or all of your nights are excluded from the offer.

I just called to cancel/modify our Easter trip (which was a make-up trip from our early March canceled Spring Break trip....). He said it would be a one-time change offer, that is if I modify Easter to something later in the year and then want to modify further, the offer won’t apply. So make sure you know your for sure dates when you call. He told me it was 35% off the GCH, though I have not verified that. And a $50 per night resort credit. He had to put me on hold numerous times to figure it out. Then I was afraid to book it since I would only get this chance once. So I said I would call back with our final dates. I can’t decide if July is far enough out to push it and hoping for no further need for closures beyond 6/1.

I just called to cancel/modify our Easter trip (which was a make-up trip from our early March canceled Spring Break trip....). He said it would be a one-time change offer, that is if I modify Easter to something later in the year and then want to modify further, the offer won’t apply. So make sure you know your for sure dates when you call. He told me it was 35% off the GCH, though I have not verified that. And a $50 per night resort credit. He had to put me on hold numerous times to figure it out. Then I was afraid to book it since I would only get this chance once. So I said I would call back with our final dates. I can’t decide if July is far enough out to push it and hoping for no further need for closures beyond 6/1.
If it were me, July would be the absolute earliest I would consider. I personally feel that June 1 is possible, but not near certain enough to book a one-time-offer on. If you can look into late August, that would be even better.

If it were me, July would be the absolute earliest I would consider. I personally feel that June 1 is possible, but not near certain enough to book a one-time-offer on. If you can look into late August, that would be even better.
Unfortunately my kids will (hopefully) be back in school by late August, so that will be too late for us. I am targeting early to mid July, and hoping for the best. I could do fall, but again the kids are in school, and with one in High School, she won’t want to miss school. I am not even sure what they will be making up at that point? So many unknowns.

Unfortunately my kids will (hopefully) be back in school by late August, so that will be too late for us. I am targeting early to mid July, and hoping for the best. I could do fall, but again the kids are in school, and with one in High School, she won’t want to miss school. I am not even sure what they will be making up at that point? So many unknowns.
I get it. My son starts kindergarten in mid-August. Although a few days of missed kindy wouldn't be a big deal under normal circumstances, I am not eager to disrupt his acclamation to a new school and routine, especially after all the disruption he's had already this year. We are booked for August 3-8 and I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that it works out.

As an aside, we were supposed to be in Disney today :( My iPad is a jerk and sent me a calendar reminder of our Goofy's Kitchen Dinner starting "in 10 minutes". Meanie-pants iPad.

Last edited:
It says most nights between those dates not all nights. October is usually a very very very busy month at Disneyland so it’s possible that one or all of your nights are excluded from the offer.

Both CMs specifically stated that the offers they see only go through October 3rd and nothing was available for the year past that. It would seem odd that the website states through 12/31/20 and yet nothing is available after 10/3/20. Misrepresentation at that point on the website.

... We purchased thru LMTC so I am assuming I would have to have the voucher amount that I paid applied towards new tickets at the booth? That would be a big discount lost not to mention upgrading to the gate ticket price which is now higher. So disappointed by this. 😞
LMTC tickets have usually (always?) scanned at the booths at the full (non-discount) price. So you will not lose as much as you think. Your LMTC tickets should scan at whatever the full price was at the time you bought them. If you upgrade them to new tickets, you will only pay the difference, not the discount to the old full price, then the difference. Does this make sense?

LMTC tickets have usually (always?) scanned at the booths at the full (non-discount) price. So you will not lose as much as you think. Your LMTC tickets should scan at whatever the full price was at the time you bought them. If you upgrade them to new tickets, you will only pay the difference, not the discount to the old full price, then the difference. Does this make sense?
This does make sense. Thanks for letting me know that. What we have is a voucher to be exchanged at the booth. We purchased these this year before the last increase and at a point when they were doing vouchers instead of etickets. Would this work the same way and retain the full “gate” price from the point they were purchased?

This does make sense. Thanks for letting me know that. What we have is a voucher to be exchanged at the booth. We purchased these this year before the last increase and at a point when they were doing vouchers instead of etickets. Would this work the same way and retain the full “gate” price from the point they were purchased?
I would ask Betty at LMTC just to be sure (LMTC Disneyland tickets no longer available?/UPDATE: Now Available by Phone! -- see the last few pages for her posts with her contact info). But posters here have always said they've received the full, non-discount price at the booths when they've upgraded their LMTC tickets. By the way, does your voucher have a barcode on it? Those usually go right to the gates. (Although, clearly, in this case you would need to upgrade first.)

I would ask Betty at LMTC just to be sure (LMTC Disneyland tickets no longer available?/UPDATE: Now Available by Phone! -- see the last few pages for her posts with her contact info). But posters here have always said they've received the full, non-discount price at the booths when they've upgraded their LMTC tickets. By the way, does your voucher have a barcode on it? Those usually go right to the gates. (Although, clearly, in this case you would need to upgrade first.)
No barcode. States that you print the voucher and exchange at DL ticket booth.
I guess we will see how things are looking once DL does once again open. I wonder if we will here about new guidelines or changes before they do open the gates....like parade and evening show cancellations. Or will we not know these things until the park is actually open?

I spoke with a CM yesterday when changing my reservation to mid September and her information stated this offer was only available up until beginning of October - while the information on the website says December 31st, they did not have access to discounted rooms for anything past October 1. This would not be the 1st time their website differs from what is being communicated to their staff but in these crazy times, I can see that it's to be expected there could be some miscommunication.

Not sure if you want to email them to see as the discount is pretty good so might be worth pursuing.

I spoke with a CM yesterday when changing my reservation to mid September and her information stated this offer was only available up until beginning of October - while the information on the website says December 31st, they did not have access to discounted rooms for anything past October 1. This would not be the 1st time their website differs from what is being communicated to their staff but in these crazy times, I can see that it's to be expected there could be some miscommunication.

Not sure if you want to email them to see as the discount is pretty good so might be worth pursuing.

For now I’m going to chalk it up to some first day communication issues and I’ll call again on the 1st or 2nd of April to see if I have better luck. We are set to owe our full balance of the vacation package on April 3rd for our May trip so I’d like to get this figured out before paying that.

We could bump to June or July but I honestly don’t think those are realistic dates for the parks to be open or at least open in any way close to full scale. Our daughter starts kindergarten at the end of July so that takes August out of the picture, we already have a September vacation scheduled where she will miss school, so our only chance for the rest of this year really comes down to fall break in October.

Maybe in the end we’ll just need to cancel any plans for this year and look towards next year spring break or summer break. :(

Called yesterday to reschedule our April trip from April to June. We had booked with the military rate and unfortunately that means we had no incentive to rebooking except a much more expensive trip. Kind of a bummer I wasn't even offered the resort credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter