Swan Dolphin question....

trill2017

I miss the Adventurers' Club
I assume that there are still no direct buses to magic kingdom from this resort. I assume most people just walk to beach club and take transportation there? Thank you.

I just stayed there. I drove my own car but I’m sure there are busses that go to MK although I am positive they drop you at the TTC if that is what you mean by no direct bus. I was staying for EEH so wanted my own transportation for late at night. I took the bus to AK and it was very easy. Absolutely no need to drive to Epcot or HS with the Friendship Boat stop being right there. I’ve stayed for Epcot EEH and taken the boat back with no issues.

I just go ahead and take the bus to TTC and either ride the monorail or the ferry over to MK most of the time. Other times I do a split stay between a Disney value for 2 nights and then transfer to Dolphin. Then I do MK on my value days. I also always have hoppers so more often than not, I have a park reservation for another park and hop into MK and then I'll just take the monorail to Epcot and walk through.

It wasn't worth our time to walk to YC to take the bus. Any time savings you want on the other end are lost by making that walk, imo. Just take the bus to TTC or book a Minnie Van ($$ but nice). I'd rather save my 25,000-30,000 steps for in the park not trying to cut a few minutes (maybe) off the commute. If your room is really close to YC then that might change my answer.

We always walk to BW - it's faster for us that taking the transportation from TTC to get to MK.

does anyone just take an uber? Wondering about the cost and convenience. Then take Disney transportation back when we can be more leisurely...thanks

does anyone just take an uber? Wondering about the cost and convenience. Then take Disney transportation back when we can be more leisurely...thanks
Nope, I've used it twice while at WDW. Both times were at other resorts for dinner that ran later than buses. We are never in that much of a hurry that the buses don't work for us.

Keep in mind that rideshare drops off at the TTC as well, in the same general area as the Swolphin buses do. So no benefit when visiting MK, other than being able to control what time you board a vehicle.

Like I said above, Minnie Vans are a pricey option but a valid choice if you don't want to deal with buses and are ok throwing $ a the issue. :) We used Minnie Vans twice on our recent trip (stayed at AoA this time) because I didn't want to deal with crowded bus lines while trying to hit early entry. Bonus was they picked us up by our rooms as opposed to walking to the hub there. It was great! We did have to plan ahead when booking- it took about 15 minutes for a driver to come so it wasn't an instant option.
I would have no problem paying much less for a regular Uber or Lyft to TTC either. Starting the day in a crowded bus line when you are worried about your timing isn't my favorite way to start a day. I'm a-ok with the TTC. Only been burned once when the monorail broke down (luckily that was the end of the night so no rush).

Like I said above, Minnie Vans are a pricey option but a valid choice if you don't want to deal with buses and are ok throwing $ a the issue. :) We used Minnie Vans twice on our recent trip (stayed at AoA this time) because I didn't want to deal with crowded bus lines while trying to hit early entry. Bonus was they picked us up by our rooms as opposed to walking to the hub there. It was great! We did have to plan ahead when booking- it took about 15 minutes for a driver to come so it wasn't an instant option.
I would have no problem paying much less for a regular Uber or Lyft to TTC either. Starting the day in a crowded bus line when you are worried about your timing isn't my favorite way to start a day. I'm a-ok with the TTC. Only been burned once when the monorail broke down (luckily that was the end of the night so no rush).
was it a super crowded day when you tried for the MV? I was hoping to get one for AK early entry on 3/13, which is likely gonna be a 👀 day

We regularly take Lyft around property regardless of where we're staying. Sometimes I just can't be bothered with the buses, fares are always cheap except surge pricing during park close, and I get Lyft benefits with my credit cards. I save my promos for Minnie Vans the rare times we splurge for one (usually when running late for an ADR at Disney Springs, I have had normal Lyft drivers get confused at times by the drop off process there). Leaving MK if staying in the EP area I typically walk over to Contemporary and grab a Lyft home from there.

Thanks
Keep in mind that rideshare drops off at the TTC as well, in the same general area as the Swolphin buses do. So no benefit when visiting MK, other than being able to control what time you board a vehicle.
thanks this is just the info I am looking for!

was it a super crowded day when you tried for the MV? I was hoping to get one for AK early entry on 3/13, which is likely gonna be a 👀 day
yep, during President's Day week. The resort was so busy that I imagined what the bus line would be like and wanted to just opt out. It was a splurge but great.

It really is not that big a deal to go through the TTC...pretty much ends up being a wash with how long it takes to walk to the Yacht or Boardwalk bus stop (10+ minutes). I timed it last time and from getting on our Dolphin bus to being scanned into MK was half an hour. That includes stopping at Swan and Swan Reserve, riding the ferry from TTC, and going through security. The MK bus from Yacht/BW takes close to 15 minutes and at least another 5 minutes to walk from the bus stop and go through security and scan in. So maybe you can do that trip in 20, well then with the 10 minute walk to those resorts you're at the same 30 minutes it took from Dolphin.

That said, when we go back to Dolphin from MK, we usually hop on the Yacht/Beach/BW bus and then walk back since the bus stops are right there and there's usually a bus waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter