Talking My Dad into taking my family to WDW

Tinkerbellish

<font color=blue>Is neither sappy, nor pathetic...
Hi! I was wondering if all of the lovely people here could help me out in persuading my father to taking me into WDW. I am from Northern California and I have been to DL 4 or 5 times. I really have this dream to go to WDW and I want to go so bad it's all I talk about. Any ideas on how I can get him to take my family and I? :confused: I would really love to got during Christmas or Halloween of 2004 or 5. Maybe even during June of 2005, since that's when I would graduate from 8th grade.

:earsgirl: <----This is me. I am a Disney freak.

Edit:To add more

I suggest you let him know how much you want to go to WDW and offer ways you can help make it a reality. For example, what are you willing to help fund such a trip. You can offer to help save up money (allowance, birthday money, extra chore payments) to help pay the way. You could offer to research the trip, do a rough budget of what it would cost to fly, rent a car, stay at a resort or hotel, buy park tickets, eat, etc.

Is there anything that you could offer to give up or cut back on- like cable, eating out, movies with friends, etc?

Your dad is more likely to take you seriously if you are willing to help!

Peggy

Thank you so much peg! You really sparked up a few ideas. I'm having withdrawls from my las trip to Disneylands, so I've been watching the tape from the Eletrical Parade. :p I've already done the esimates and he said he thought it was ok. My Mom is already all up for it since she missed out on the last trip.

I've already offered to save up all of my money to pay for my own plane ticket and such. Thank you so much for your help!

Tinkerbellish
I am a father of two who absolutely loves going to WDW. I agree with Peg that you show your Dad that your really serious about saving $$s for that trip. Cut back where you can. Go to www.southwestair.com and look for the airport closest to where you live and Orlando Fl. for roundtrip ticket prices. I have found them to have the best prices for flights so far. Also tell him that if you sign up for their free alerts, you can catch some even better deals. Ask lots of questions on these forums about ways to save $$. Go to the resorts board and ask this. Also check out www.paramountinternationaltravel.com for great buys on tickets which in some cases will include a free character breakfast. Be sure to ask your folks before you check out those 2 sites to make sure its OK.

Heres throwing Good Luck and Pixie Dust your way

Another idea is to save all of your birthday and christmas money for the trip or even ask for Disney Dollars. I am guessing your in 7th grade. Offer make money any way you can. If you earn $50.00 a week that is $2600 a year that big step towards Disney. You sound like a level headed kid, and us 29 year old love Disney World too. So dont worry about being uncool for loving this place.

:) Thank you so much! I'm writing a BIG report on WDW so that I can prove to them how badly I want to go. I've checked out thoses sites and they were great. I really appreicate your help! I think we MAY have my Grad. party there.

Anyone have anymore ideas?

OOO! You are ONE smart cookie! I'm babysitting this year so I know that'll help and I talked to my rents, and we decided that we would empty out our wallets everyday and put coins and such together in a bucket.

I really hope that we go soon. I'm having a serious Disney withdrawl.

...and us 29 year old love Disney World too. So dont worry about being uncool for loving this place.

Don't worry, I won't!

P.S. I am going into 7th.

Hi Tinkerbellish, Welcome to the DIS!! :)

I have lived in FL most of my life and grew up going to the parks. I am in my early twenties and still love WDW even after going more than 25+ times!! Truth be told, I think about WDW and talk about it probably more than those around me would like ;)

Now on to your question. We might be able to give you some help if you gave us a little more input on the situation. For example, what is it that is making your father reluctant to go? Is it the cost? The distance you would have to travel? A possible fear of flying? The length of time he would have to take off of work? His desire to go somewhere else for vacation?

Once we narrow down his reasons for not being as excited as you are we can work on finding ways around them!! ;) ;)

Sometime you do have to be willing to understand that some people just aren't "infected" by the WDW bug that has gotten most of us here on the DIS!! As with all things in life, there are the people who LOVE it, people who like it, people who are indifferent, and people who just are not into it.

Thank you guys SO much. Everyone here is SO nice. I swear, people affected my Disney are different!

Is it the cost? -Partly...we have already started working on this
The distance you would have to travel?-Yes. My brother is Autisic so it will be a bit hard to get him to sit still for so long, and I don't think making a connection will be easy either.
A possible fear of flying?-No, I wouldn't think so. We flew to DL a year ago.
The length of time he would have to take off of work?-Yes AND no. If we go during X-mas ans Eater his work forces him to take off because of a company shut-down. But is we so for grad. he will have to take time off.
His desire to go somewhere else for vacation?-Most definatly! He wants to go to a "calming" olace such as Hawii, but to me that is boredom. :( I was think the CBR because they have a beach, so we could spend a a few days there instead of the parks. He also wants to go on a cruise, and I reccomned the Disney Cruise he was like "ENOUGH DISNEY!"

What I don't understand is that he used to live the FL?! Why doesn't he want to go back?

Get your DF to post here, and we'll tell him all about the joys of WDW. :teeth: Also, I believe there are people who hang around here who might be able to give advice on travelling with someone with your DB's challenges. That might also help. BTW, doesn't it take longer to fly to Hawaii than Orlando from where you are?

Good luck!
Mort.

I think I'll just so him some of the posts. He's not much of a chatty person. Regarding my DB, I've already talked to some people, and they've helped me out a bit. I've tried talking to him DB about DWD but he only wants to go to DL. :mad: Another dellima (SP). Also I don't belive it does. I'm not sure. I haven't been since I was 2. Thanks alot!

Why don't you give your dad Disney Dollars for his birthday or for Christmas and tell him that he needs to go to Disney World to spend them! lol

I would bet if you were to really try hard, get good grades at school, help extra around the house and save all your money to show him how serious you are, he would be willing to give in.

GOOD LUCK!

OH and it wouldn't hurt if you were to give him the link to this web site so he could see how cool and nice we all are, he would DEFINITELY listen to us beg on your behalf and you'll be packing in no time!

We all talked and decided that if I get 1st Honors 2 times in a row we get to go! I'm so happy because I know I can do it. I basically have all A's aside for math.

:smooth: GO ME! GO, GO, GO ME!!

This disney dollar thing is really a good idea though...hmmm. Would you guys really beg for me? You are so nice. :p When it comes to help I am Numero Uno! I babysit, vacum, dust, wash clothes and dishes, wash the floor, fold laundry, and do MANY other things,

Originally posted by Tinkerbellish
We all talked and decided that if I get 1st Honors 2 times in a row we get to go! I'm so happy because I know I can do it. I basically have all A's aside for math.

:smooth: GO ME! GO, GO, GO ME!!

Tinkerbellish: You CAN do it! :Pinkbounc I'm sending lots of pixie dust your way. I would suggest working out a rough budget to show the costs of the trip. Also, keep researching to find good deals on various things. For example, if you check in during value season, you pay that same price the entire time even if the season goes up while you are there (important around Christmas!). Since you have already "won over" your mom, your best bet might be to explain your ideas to her and gather her ideas.

Also, maybe finding things that would interest your dad - golf, Richard Petty driving experience, fishing, whatever and play up those aspects of Disney. If your parents enjoy finer dining or time alone, you could offer to stay with your DB or do something with him one evening so your parents could be alone! :smooth:

I would also look into some of the guide books to get additional information. Keep posting your questions here and we will all continue to help and offer advice! Best of luck! :D

You SO totaly rock. My Mom is all up for it since she missed out on our last trip to DL.

I would suggest working out a rough budget to show the costs of the trip. -I did that. :D It wasn't that bad. Less than going to DL! :eek: *amazed*

For example, if you check in during value season, you pay that same price the entire time even if the season goes up while you are there (important around Christmas!). -I didn't know that. I thought if you are still ther during a non-value it goes up. COOL! :bounce:

your best bet might be to explain your ideas to her and gather her ideas.-She's *hinting* to my Dad.

Also, maybe finding things that would interest your dad - golf, Richard Petty driving experience, fishing, whatever and play up those aspects of Disney. If your parents enjoy finer dining or time alone, you could offer to stay with your DB or do something with him one evening so your parents could be alone! -He's not into those things, but every week we do mini golf. Is there a Disney one? And for babysitting, good idea!

I would also look into some of the guide books to get additional information. Keep posting your questions here and we will all continue to help and offer advice! Best of luck -Can do!

Disnee Dad Says..........................Way to go!!!

Yes, WDW has not one, but two, count them TWO miniture golf courses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter