Talking My Dad into taking my family to WDW

When it comes to help I am Numero Uno! I babysit, vacum, dust, wash clothes and dishes, wash the floor, fold laundry, and do MANY other things,

Come and live with me Tinkerbellish..I'll take you Disney World!

Galaxy

:)

No problem! ;) I'll move to Scotland in a heartbeat. I love plaid and it's so so so so lovely there!

Originally posted by Tinkerbellish
You SO totaly rock.

THANKS, Tinkerbellish! I have not went to either of the mini golf locations at Disney, but I hear they are great. It sounds like with the deal you made your dad and having your mom on your side, you are well on your way of getting to go to WDW. If you have any other specific questions, feel free to post. Sending pixie dust that you achieve your academic goals! :Pinkbounc

Tinkerbellish,
I've been reading your posts and have gotten a big kick out of them!! I admire your sticktoitness in this matter. Here's some info on the mini golf, you have Winter Summerland which is near Blizzard Beach and you have Fantasia Gardens located near the Swan and Dolphin. I've played Fantasia Gardens and it was fun. There are actually 2 courses there, the real mini golf one, and another one that is real grass and kind of challenging. Good luck on persuading your dad to take you to WDW. You sound like a good kid and probably deserve a trip to see the Mouse.

Ann:earsgirl:

All of you encouragement has helped a lot. I feel like I'll be there in no time! WHOO!
I'm on fiah!
jumping-smiley-011.gif
It's going to be a serious bettle with math though. (I'm Luke, even though I'm a girl! )Mmmm, Pixie dust!

star-wars-smiley-023.gif

I'm really bad at math. For me math is like eternal death. I always think my head is going to explode while do it.
angry-smiley-010.gif

The mini golf courses sound great. I want to try both. Now we have all the more reason to go though.

Disnee Dad Says..................................You must open your mind, and be one with the force. Algebra is like another language, but once you start to get, you get it.
I'm sure DD will do all he can to help you!
Don't worry if you struggle early on, it happens. And don't hate math, math = Mickey!
And if you are lucky enough to do pre algebra, you'll breeze through it!

tinkerbellish, "you just got first honors two times in a row, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to Disneyworld!"

has a nice ring to it!:Pinkbounc

Tinkerbellish--

How great that you have made a deal with your dad! Let your math teacher (and the other ones, too) know about the deal with your dad. Maybe they can recommend a tutor or an older student who can help you "get math." Also, the teachers can let you know if your falling behind.

I would recommend avoid Christmas, unless you can go a whole week BEFORE. It's really crowded and expensive. It also might not be good for your brother. You should check out the Disabilities Board here to get some tips on what might make your brother's stay easier.

Your dad might like the Swan/Dolphin better than Carribean Beach. The Swan, especially, is a more "adult" hotel. They have a great Grotto pool, but they also have a quiet pool. Swan/Dolphin is right by Epcot/MGM/Boardwalk and Fantasia Gardens miniature golf. It's not owned by Disney and they have some great deals on prices, even less than the Carribean, if you can find them.

For a more relaxing trip, you could find a deal on a Disney Cruise to go on after a your WDW stay. If that's too expensive, you can spend a few days at the beach. You can go to the East or West side of Florida, 1-2 hours away. There's lots of options.

Good Luck!!

disneefamily, that is definetly one equation I can figure it out! this year I am definatly try to punch out the math problems!
action-smiley-070.gif

How great that you have made a deal with your dad! Let your math teacher (and the other ones, too) know about the deal with your dad. Maybe they can recommend a tutor or an older student who can help you "get math." Also, the teachers can let you know if your falling behind.
I will seriously do that. Knowing my teachers I am sure that they will be more than supporting.

The Swan seems good, maybe we'll go there. At least we won't be over whelmingly (is that a word) immersed in Disney.

For the beach I'm sure he'll know a bit about that. He used to live in FL.

cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Soon I'll be going crazy in Disney!

Hi Tinkerbellish,

I just got such a kick out of reading this thread. You go!

One thought - your dad might like the Wilderness Lodge. It's near MK, just a boat ride away, but it feels like you're far, far, far from the hustle and bustle of the parks. It's my favorite WDW hotel, by the way.

You should find some pictures online (I think there are some at www.wdwig.com) and show them to your dad. Big armchairs, rocking chairs, secluded nooks around the resort, a really nice restaurant (Artist Point) and a really fun one, too (Whispering Canyon Cafe).

Just my two cents. Thinking good thoughts for you - I never liked math either. Writing was my thing...

Daisy;)

why does everyone think my comments ares so funny? Just a quesion.

Anyway, the Wilderness Lodge looks uberly pretty man. Wow, I'm like in awe. :p What is THE closet hotel to the MK?

BTW, I love writing too. I just became a published author. :D

Hi Tinkerbellish,

Take it as a compliment. It's just really cool to see someone so enthusiastic about WDW. Reading your posts reminds me of when I was younger and I'd try to talk my parents into something. It brings back all of those super-excited feelings I would get when I really, REALLY wanted something. It's a good thing. ;)

Anyway, as far as THE closest resort to MK - and I'm guessing here - it would probably be the Contemporary or the Polynesian. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone can provide the correct answer. But, oh, the Wilderness Lodge is soooo beautiful.

And congratulations on becoming a published writer. You and I have something in common!

Daisy;)

Ive been following your thread and posted on the first page in fact. I agree with bliss4us, Wilderness Lodge is a GREAT resort for peace and quiet, something it sounds like your Dad would prefer. After a day at the parks, its nice to come home to this setting. And its beautiful at Christmas time. If you go the 3 weeks before Christmas, the parks are all decorated and the crowds are down. We have been 3 times during those 3 weeks so believe me on that one.
As for the studies, hang in there, and do your best. I was never good at math, but then again I could have studied a little more. Im sure you are doing all you can to make this thing work. Its like turning on a light bulb in your head, youre sitting there cramming your head full of ideas that make no sense to you, then all of a sudden, BOOM, it all makes sense.
We are blowing more Pixie Dust your way. I am going to ask my kids for ideas too. They can come up with some pretty cool ideas.

My next door neighbor has an autistic child and has been to DW and DL. She says that if you bring a note ( for lack of a better word ) from your brother's doctor stating that he has been diagnosed, you will get a pass that will allow your brother and 5 guests to use the handicapped entrance to all rides and shows. She says it is a lifesaver.

Hope that helps!

bliss4us
Yeah, I have that feeling inside! I'm sooo excited because I know that by the day I am getting closer to my goal. OOO! I'M HAPPY!!!

jimmytammy
My Math is gettting a bit better, so I'm happy about that. As for the WL it looks wonderful and I hope we could stay there. It seems amazing. I can't wait!

flit
I know it is! In DL we had one and it was amazing!

Tinkerbellish
From the money aspect, my 10 yr old DD suggested pet sitting or walking someones dog in your neighborhood for extra $$. Still blowing Pixie Dust your way. And way to go on the math!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter