Target Circle Offer- 20% off code tripadvisor things to do. Looks like it's applying to WDW tickets? STACK ME WITH CB SITE AND PP % Chase

Trying to stack all these deals and I have the same problem. When I go to PayPal Deals, TripAdvisor 4% back only come up if I search for it. Once I click on it is takes me right through to TripAdvisor, no way to add it to my Saved Deals. The way it is happening I cannot click through another cash back portal.
Any insight would be appreciated.
I'm having the same problem. It takes me straight to TripAdvisor, so I can't also use another portal.

You need to call to upgrade to the AP. Make sure you've linked your ticket(s) to the MDE account(s), especially if you're trying to get a DVC Sorcerer Pass.

I believe you didn't get the Disney gate price when you went to add a day because you'd have to have used the ticket at least once before adding. But I might be wrong.

ah, so it somehow knows the discounted price before being used?

Will that be the case if upgrading to the AP before using the tickets?

Was able to successfully upgrade the ticket from TripAdvisor to an Incredi-Pass over the phone and was credited the current gate price, not the discounted price I paid.

I purchased a 7-day Walt Disney World hopper on TripAdvisor with the Target promo code. On TripAdvisor I paid $728.83. When upgrading to the Incredi-Pass on the phone, they gave me the $921.39 value towards the new pass. So nearly $200 off. Paid for the rest with Disney gift cards from Target that were 5% to maximize the savings on the balance.

The agent I spoke with had no difficulty upgrading the ticket.

I have my Disneyland tickets loaded into the app but I need to change the date to a date in February 2024. As of now my dates aren't showing as available on Disney's website. I assume I have to wait until all my days are available before I can contact Disney to change the dates on the tickets? Also when I can have them changed how do I do that? I saw people doing it via chat but I'm not sure how to access that or what number to call if I want to do it that way.
I only chatted to make sure I didn't need to do anything else. My tickets allowed me to reserve my days without assistance or issue. They confirmed I was good to go is all.

Thanks!

I am going to call and do this! It is too great a deal to pass up. I am just so afraid that they will somehow see the discount value and not give the disney value. haha.

Do you know if this was possible to do online?

Did you link the tickets first to your account before calling to upgrade to an AP?

Thanks!

I am going to call and do this! It is too great a deal to pass up. I am just so afraid that they will somehow see the discount value and not give the disney value. haha.

Do you know if this was possible to do online?

Did you link the tickets first to your account before calling to upgrade to an AP?
Yes. I linked the 7-day hopper to my account before calling. You can't do it online, if you try it gives you an error message.

You can pick any day for the hopper. The logic behind using Dec. 23 is it is the most expensive 7-day hopper and gives you the maximum 20% savings.

Sorry if this has been asked...looking to buy November 2024 WDW tickets and Tripadvisor only lets you select through September 2024. If I buy from TA using earlier dates (picking a date that has the same $ as current gate prices for my November trip) and call WDW today, can they change the dates now? I imagine ticket prices for November 2024 will rise before then, so I'd like to lock in the dates so I can use the full credit and not have to pay more to "upgrade" them once ticket prices go up again.

Thanks all for this deal, this will save a few hundred dollars and every penny counts these days!

Are the 7-day Hopper WDW tickets considered "dated based" and do not require a Reservation after Jan 2024?

Yes. I linked the 7-day hopper to my account before calling. You can't do it online, if you try it gives you an error message.

You can pick any day for the hopper. The logic behind using Dec. 23 is it is the most expensive 7-day hopper and gives you the maximum 20% savings.
Thanks again for that date tip!

So it actually is in our favor to buy the most expensive day, I was not thinking that one through.

wish me luck!

It is crazy how many different prices disney has for all these days!

Sorry if this has been asked...looking to buy November 2024 WDW tickets and Tripadvisor only lets you select through September 2024. If I buy from TA using earlier dates (picking a date that has the same $ as current gate prices for my November trip) and call WDW today, can they change the dates now? I imagine ticket prices for November 2024 will rise before then, so I'd like to lock in the dates so I can use the full credit and not have to pay more to "upgrade" them once ticket prices go up again.

Thanks all for this deal, this will save a few hundred dollars and every penny counts these days!
I would imagine that you could have WDW change the dates over the phone , or even possibly change online BUT it was mentioned that changing online before using it might not hold the discount.

Let us know what happens!

I don't know if "it knows" anything, and don't want to start Internet rumors or cause anxiety that you might not be able to do it. I do know that in the ancient past (10+ years ago) one used to have to activate the admission before any upgrades could be done, and then they had to be done in person at Guest Services at the parks, not even in the reasorts. That's absolutely not the case anymore, as it can be done over the phone. Clearly, many people up-thread have done just that, and all have been given the gate price towards their upgrade.

one last question, just to be sure, it wont be active until i actually go there and use it, right?

It wont start the day i buy it and just be unused

I think I may get a Disneyland ticket as well. I have an Enchant Key but will probably let it lapse since this was an anomaly year where I am going more than once. The last ticket price increase was October 2022 so a new increase could happen any day. I did the math quick, if anyone is thinking about DL tickets:
DisneylandTripadvisorGateUT5% Red CardTA Savings
2-day PH$276.00$345.00$336.44$327.75$51.75
3-day PH$336.00$420.00$396.23$399.00$60.23
4-day PH$364.00$455.00$429.25$432.25$65.25
5-day PH$380.00$475.00$448.12$451.25$68.12

The TA Savings column is against the cheapest option via Undercover Tourist or using a Target red card for the 5% discount, since I rarely pay for gate price tickets. Let me know if my math looks wrong anywhere! Since these tickets look to be good through 1/12/25 with no date-based system, I just need to decide how many days to get.

I'll probably buy a December 23rd 7-day park hopper to put towards my WDW AP renewal as well. Last AP increase was effective 12/8/22, and my pass can be renewed as early as mid-November. So hopefully I can sneak in a renewal at the current price! If my math is correct, it would mean the Incredipass renewal should be just shy of $1100 including tax...seems like a steal against today's ticket prices.

one last question, just to be sure, it wont be active until i actually go there and use it, right?

It wont start the day i buy it and just be unused
Correct. If it is a new annual pass, it doesn't become active until the first day of us.

Personally I have a currently active annual pass that I could choose to renew, but this TripAdvisor deal was a better savings. When I called I made sure to clarify I wanted a new pass, not a renewal. Now in My Disney Experience, I see my current pass with an expiration of October 20, 2023 AND a second pass that has no expiration because it hasn't been activated.

I believe when you do decide to activate it, you have to visit a ticket window to show your ID and get a physical card, which varies slightly from any other online ticket. But that could have changed in recent years.

For the posters getting refunded, I was told by TA/Viator you could only use 1 code total or the deal would be invalid. I was hoping to use another code and buy another trip advisor experience, but was told I coudn't- maybe that's what's happening to a few people?

I think I may get a Disneyland ticket as well. I have an Enchant Key but will probably let it lapse since this was an anomaly year where I am going more than once. The last ticket price increase was October 2022 so a new increase could happen any day. I did the math quick, if anyone is thinking about DL tickets:
DisneylandTripadvisorGateUT5% Red CardTA Savings
2-day PH$276.00$345.00$336.44$327.75$51.75
3-day PH$336.00$420.00$396.23$399.00$60.23
4-day PH$364.00$455.00$429.25$432.25$65.25
5-day PH$380.00$475.00$448.12$451.25$68.12

The TA Savings column is against the cheapest option via Undercover Tourist or using a Target red card for the 5% discount, since I rarely pay for gate price tickets. Let me know if my math looks wrong anywhere! Since these tickets look to be good through 1/12/25 with no date-based system, I just need to decide how many days to get.

I'll probably buy a December 23rd 7-day park hopper to put towards my WDW AP renewal as well. Last AP increase was effective 12/8/22, and my pass can be renewed as early as mid-November. So hopefully I can sneak in a renewal at the current price! If my math is correct, it would mean the Incredipass renewal should be just shy of $1100 including tax...seems like a steal against today's ticket prices.

We just bought a DL package for our first trip to DL later this month. 4-day hopper w/Genie+ was $550 each (tax included), and this Target/TA deal saves over $100 per ticket. I guess it’s discounting Genie+ too :)

We just bought a DL package for our first trip to DL later this month. 4-day hopper w/Genie+ was $550 each (tax included), and this Target/TA deal saves over $100 per ticket. I guess it’s discounting Genie+ too :)
The Tripadvisor deal should definitely discount Genie+ so additional savings if you go that route! I wonder how easy it is to change the # of days for a ticket with Genie+. I would hope it's no more difficult, that # of days is the biggest gamble I would be making. Lots to think about...no matter what, this feels like a stellar deal especially if prices go up soon.

For the posters getting refunded, I was told by TA/Viator you could only use 1 code total or the deal would be invalid. I was hoping to use another code and buy another trip advisor experience, but was told I coudn't- maybe that's what's happening to a few people?

I bought 2 sets of Disneyland tickets for my trip in June 2024 to maximize savings (used a code from me and from my wife). Saw someone post in a separate thread that they bought 2 sets and their tickets got cancelled for possible fraud.
Hope that doesn't happen to me!

Can confirm if you buy tickets with a date of 2023 on TripAdvisor, the tickets are good through January 2025.
cancelled by their credit card or cancelled by trip advisor though?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter