Team Hakuna Matata - MAY Thread!

Steffwalks

Team Hakuna Matata
Hey Team! We are really out there kickin' some asphalt!

Team Members
Steffwalks
Windwalker
Cindylou
Fun Walker
Goofyin08forerica
Katwalks
Lynn G
nucpharm29
ScottH
wdw4us
WithDisneySpirit
Bunnyfoo
Wilbur
Kewz1
Dawnie
Hockeychic
Mike Eh
Cobbler
Villains Rock
RoyalCinderella

Inactive: M_kasch, Bridgerunner

The last time I looked, we were in Second place on Miles for April and in first place for hours!!! :cheer2:

Good luck this month! Now, let's get out there and kick some more asphalt!

:) Hi everybody!!

I am still hanging in there waiting to get the OK to start walking again. I am going to attempt to put on real shoes later today instead of those Frankenstein shoes I've had to wear!!

Thanks for the donated miles and hours!! I really appreciate it!!!

Erica:)

Hello MAY!!!

Well yesterday Miranda and I did our 4 mile neighborhood route. Today it's cloudy/rainy cold - nothing better to walk in so I called Mark at work and told him I would bring him lunch but he'd have to wait for it as I was walking to bring it to him.

Went on Mapmyrun.com and it's 5 miles. Between 2-3 it's a very long hill but I managed quite nicely did the 5 miles in 1hr 15 min with my backpack of sandwiches, water, snacks for the men.

So to date, I have 9 miles of walking for the week. I do have a reason for this, went on Weightwatchers.com and re-evalulated my points and since I've lost weight and want to continue to lose, I've also lost a point in the eating dept and the only way I can get more points is to exercise more. A vicious cycle.

Hang in there Erica - all good comes to those who wait. Maybe you can trade your Frank boots to sneakers or some cute Mary Janes.

Well, Mark drove me home so I'm off to the shower and some R&R

take care

denise

Okay, I have the image of my granddaughter and me all dressed up to attend school on April 22, 1910. Would someone please tell me how to put it on this page......on the other hand.....don't! and then I won't have to show it to you!

Okay, I have the image of my granddaughter and me all dressed up to attend school on April 22, 1910. Would someone please tell me how to put it on this page......on the other hand.....don't! and then I won't have to show it to you!

Can you save it to your desktop? I find that's the easiest way to find it and then I ususally upload mine to the DIS community photos.

click on the DISer Photos section above.

If you want there is a tutorial on the Photo board and you can practice at the Tech Support board. Or if all else fails, email it to me and I'll post it for you. Send me a pm.

denise

Visual of cute little Denise and Miranda with their backpacks full of sandwiches for the men at her hubby's shop. Going up that long hill laughing and sharing a wonderfull mom and daughter adventure.

Connie we need to adjust the roster for the inactive players. And yes any self respecting macho Panda is not going to let pretty princesses go un hugged.

Great report to by the way. Thanks for sharing.

Scott and Lynn, good times for the race you guys were really moving.

Kim, Mike, Bunny and Wilber how is the far north this weekend.

Margie did the kids eat you?

It was a rest day for me so nothing to report. Tomorrow I'll be back hard charging though.

Have a great evening y'all.

Walking Panda:hippie:

Me and GD. After the race in 2008 and before we stepped back in time to 1910! We didn't like bonnets, btw, you can't see out of the darned things!

http://

http://

Connie KEWL Pics, Will get our official time for Lynn to report this week.

I hope work and weather lets up and gets better and my miles will improve.

Way to go team. It is KEWL to see all the bright green shirts , very easy to find folks.

We are off to MK today,

Oh the Arlo Concerts were very good.

Great pics, Connie! I'm glad you and your GD are having so much fun together!

Erica, sounds like you're healing! That's great! I imagine it's not going as quickly as you'd like, but hang in there! We've got your back! :grouphug:

Denise, it also sounds like you're feeling better! I hope that's the case!

Scott and Lynn, off to MK......Sounds great! Wish I were there, too!!

Dave, you're going to be down to skin and bones next!!!! I'm glad you're feeling so well and being so sucessful with doing the "right" stuff!

I am anxious to get my bedding plants in, but it's just too soon here. Our nights are still getting into the 30's. Another week, maybe.....

Everyone have a great week!

Great pictures Connie!!!!

Hey everyone!!!! Just wanted to pop in to say hi!!!!

Erica, glad to hear you are still on the mend.

Congrats team we rock!!!!!!

Hello Team mates.

Kathy, one of the up sides of doing things right is that the weight I'm losing is coming off where I want it to. I've lost a solid 2 inches off my waist and the rest of me is about the same. Amazingly my BMI is still at the top of normal. The scale for BMI says above 25 is overweight and I'm at 24 according to that standard.

Scott, will there be a parade when you get back to home and the other 10 residents find out you won?

Connie cool pixs, you look like you are waiting for RobinHood to come home for supper.

Hi everyone else.:flower3:

I had a good workout this morning. It was 40 degrees so I used the treadmill for a 3.5 mile walk. The last was at 10:54 pace. The music videos we good and I got to finish up with "A country boy will survive" by Hank Williams Jr. Good song for cranking the speed to.

Then a good hour of cals, stretching and pilaties. I used light weights a lot during the calistetics.

Now it's time to do the yard with the push mower for a little more upper body and achillies work.

Leaner Panda:hippie:

Slight correction. I did the 5 miles to Mark's shop alone called him with my route and estimated time so he knew where to look for me should I collapse in a heap - which of course I did not.

I thought Miranda was spending quality time with here BF so I didn't call her - turns out she was watching the Red Sox game and would have loved to come along - ah well, next time.

9 miles over the weekend and she wants to go tonight- feeling pretty good and I'm busy Tues and Weds so if I want to get my team miles in, I may do that.

Feeling better - oh ya I am. A bit tired today but other than that GREAT. My neck is way better and so far the PT and massage on my knee are making that just fine too.

denise

Hi team! Just dropping by to say a quick hello! I had a great time at the Minnie yesterday ... I saw a lot of WISHers but I didn't have any team gear so I was incognito. I thought I did pretty well, I ran pain free!! Yay! But then I went and walked around the parks a whole lot and now my right heel/arch is starting to bark ... ouch!

I tried to look up my official time on the results site but it can't find my bib # or name. Figures! Guess I'll have to e-mail them and see what's going on. I wonder if it's because I used my own timing chip.

Hope everyone has a great week and I'll try and check in again while I'm still here!!

Hi team! Just dropping by to say a quick hello! I had a great time at the Minnie yesterday ... I saw a lot of WISHers but I didn't have any team gear so I was incognito. I thought I did pretty well, I ran pain free!! Yay! But then I went and walked around the parks a whole lot and now my right heel/arch is starting to bark ... ouch!

I tried to look up my official time on the results site but it can't find my bib # or name. Figures! Guess I'll have to e-mail them and see what's going on. I wonder if it's because I used my own timing chip.

Hope everyone has a great week and I'll try and check in again while I'm still here!!

Vickie we need to get you in some WIH gear. That way even when you don't see the WISHers they will be cheering for you.

Try some ice on the heel, 10 min on 10 min off for a few times.

If you walked the parks in flip flops that will do your feet in if they were sore anyway. Flip flops are for short distance walking only.

Vickie we need to get you in some WIH gear. That way even when you don't see the WISHers they will be cheering for you.

Try some ice on the heel, 10 min on 10 min off for a few times.

If you walked the parks in flip flops that will do your feet in if they were sore anyway. Flip flops are for short distance walking only.

Thanks for the advice Dave! I briefly wore my Crocs to lunch at Beaches & Cream. I wore my running shoes the rest of the day and the back half of my right foot felt really tight and swollen. I think a small part of me is happy because now I know I can spend more time relaxing instead of walking away in the parks :goodvibes

I can not see how people wear Flip Flops all day at the parks.

Early day at EPCOT. Later

Good morning team. We have a new player, please welcome Villians Rock, she will be a wonderfull addition to the team. She has a great sense of humor which is a must for us.

Happy Panda:hippie:

Hello team!!! :wave:

Dave has assigned me as the newest member of Team Hakuna Matata!!

Here's my bio that I copied and pasted from the main roster page:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! My name is Eva and I'm from Medina, OH. I've been running for a little over two years now and have only competed twice. Once I slowly jogged across the finish of a Komen Race for the Cure in Cleveland and I came down for the last Race for the Taste. I think I ran that in 1:04....I think.

OK...now, I know it's been a long while since I was in here. But I really am a runner!! I swear!!! I had to take some time off due to a surgery and my "go" date for lacing up and hittin' the streets is Cinco de Mayo!!! I'm not able to run in the Minnie race that I had already paid for, but my new goal is a half marathon in Akron in the fall. :yay:

pcktpickupcrop.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for my miles...I usually run a LR on Sun or Mon because those are my days off. My LR starts my week in my log (kinda backwards...I know). Since I'm just starting back up I'm not going to be tackling any fatleks, tempos, or LR or anything. Just gonna ease back into it. OK...so that's that!

Last but not least...I'm happy to be a part of Hakuna Matata and I'm glad to meet all of you!!!

Steff - Thank you for being the captain...I know it's probably hard work keeping tabs on everyone!! Please log me in for 2.5 miles yesterday :thumbsup2

Hi, Eva! Welcome to the team!

The team members send me a personal message about their times and miles for the week. It's much easier for me than to try sifting through all the posts. This month our week runs from Thursday to Wednesday. Thanks!

If you have any questions on the rules, let me know.

Looks to be rainy, today. Guess I will be indoors. Darn! Got to get some miles and hours!

Welcome EVA!!! Your as cute as a button, I believe we have the best looking team!!!

Miranda and I did 2 miles last night. No power walking because she was checking the neighborhood to see if there were any houses for sale and we ended up walking in the cemetary - one loop is 1 mile. Actually there were 3 other walker/runners there. It's quiet, no traffic and no comments from the peanut gallery!

Not walking tonight and tomorrow have sewing things to do. :banana:

I"m at work so I'll sign off, have a great day - it's perfect here in NH!

denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter