Teens in your room sharing bed?

Ctmom

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if your teens don't mind sharing a bed while traveling to WDW? We've got two DS teens (13 + 16) and plan for them to share a bed on our upcoming trip. We're staying at CBR and AKL. DH just suggested requesting a rollaway for one of them so they don't have to share the bed. Might make life easier not having to listen to them quipping at each other! (getting 2 rooms is economically prohibitive)

Originally posted by Ctmom
I was just wondering if your teens don't mind sharing a bed while traveling to WDW? We've got two DS teens (13 + 16) and plan for them to share a bed on our upcoming trip. We're staying at CBR and AKL. DH just suggested requesting a rollaway for one of them so they don't have to share the bed. Might make life easier not having to listen to them quipping at each other! (getting 2 rooms is economically prohibitive)

Not even sure rollaways are available at either resort. At AKL you should reserve a room with bunkbeds and a queen. At CBR, they might just have to deal with it. IF you can get a rollaway, there is an extra charge ($25 per night I believe).

Anne

I have two daughters 15 & 17, they never mind sharing beds in any hotel, the only fight (sometimes) they have is which side of the bed they are getting.....lol I am driving this July to WDW and they will share beds in 4 different hotels and they OK with that. ;)

My teens wouldn't even consider the thought of sharing a bed, with anyone, anywhere. Consider yourselves very lucky in saving the extra money. We have to get two rooms to keep everyone happy, including myself and my dh. With two rooms, I close their door and enjoy some peace and quiet.

Although they don't like it, my 2 teen DD's always share a bed on vacation. It's either that or they don't go. I don't give them any other choice. They get extra pillows, and pile them between themselves as a 'boundary'. It works out okay.:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

As our two teens are of different genders...having them share a bed was never an option. What we have done and it works just great is bring a twin size inflatable mattress [got it at Target for about $20.00] and the pump...it folds up and I pack it at the bottom of a checked bag. I did bring a twin fitted sheet and asked for blanket, pillows, etc from housekeeping. When we stayed at the CBR, the beds were high enough off the floor that the inflated mattress slide right under the bed each morning and was out of sight and out of the way. To keep "fighting" to a manageable level, we had them trade off and split the nights as to who slept where.

We had conisdered getting two rooms...the cost was a key sticking point. But I have to tell you that I am glad that we did not. There really is something "magical" about WDW...our teens who were 16/14 and 17/15 on our trips where we had one room found their dear parents much "cooler" in WDW than at home. We had a great deal of fun with them and wouldn't have wanted to miss the bonding that occured while being in the same room [lots of laughs, lots of teasing of Dad about his snoring, etc.]... I do have to say that on our last trip when our teens were 18/16, we did have a wonderful 2 bedroom villa at the Disney Institute [got a fantastic deal on Travelocity] but there were 4 teens rather than just 2...4 I would never try in just one room...they would out number us!!!!

Mr & Mrs B & the B Kids
:earsboy: + :earsgirl: - - :earsboy: + :earsgirl:

When we go my boys (18,15) do not share a bed. We take the spread from one of the beds and make a mattress and the 15 yo sleeps on the floor. He doesn't seem to mind this.

We also travel with our two teenagers but they are a girl and a boy so we have to have 3 separate sleeping accomadations. (And we alway get just one room.)

When we stayed at AKL we had bunk bed which worked out great.

When we stayed at CBR we requested a roll-away - I think it was $15 per night in 2000 - and it was worth it. It folded up so it didn't take up much space while we were awake.

We have 2 boys, 12 & 15, but they are stepbrothers. Which is why we are staying at Wilderness Lodge. Bunk Beds!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful concept, otherise, we would have had to get a deluxe, way too much $$$

Does anyone know if the Contemporary can provide roll-away beds. We have two teens and this would be great solution. The inflatable mattress sounds good, but one more thing to pack. Thanks!

We have 3 children, so the 2 DS's (16 & 13) share the bed, while DD (11) gets the sofa/sleeper. They don't mind at all. In fact, they have their own rooms, but usually end up together in one or the other room most nights anyway (bunk beds or queen size or sleeping bag on floor...you name it!)

We have had our teenagers room share with us for years, and still do and they are now 19yrs and 18yrs. At first it was a financial necessity, but then we had so much fun and so many laughs that when we had the choice to separate we chose not to. You haven't lived until four of you try plate spinning after a visit to Cirque in a small room late at night!!!!! We were hysterical and have so many happy memories.

GoofyDonald -- you do not have to worry about this. The contemporary has two queens AND a daybed.

DS and DD have shared a bed for years at WDW without any trouble. They are both so tired by the end of the day that they are usually asleep in a few minutes. :)

Something else to think about - stay at POR in the AB section. One of the kids can have the trundle bed, or they can swap on and off. :cool:

We had a miserable vacation last year when our sons(at that time 13 &16) had to share a bed on vacation. They kicked & fought in their sleep. It was awful. We were relieved to get bunk beds at AKL. They were sturdy & comfortable. At Gaylord Palms this year we requested a rollaway, but they don't have any. Younger ds took the king pillows & made a bed on the floor. Earlier this year i made sure to request 2 rooms for a PL stay. OUr next vacation we're renting a condo!

I second the idea of getting an inflatable mattress as an economical alternative. They are quite comfy and can come in twin, full or queen. You can have the kids trade off each night to keep things fair. This would be cheaper than paying for a rollaway each night/

The best investment I ever made was a twin Aero bed. It folds up into it's own duffle bag, which has plenty of room for a set of twin sheets. It comes in really handy at home, too, when the kids have a friend sleep over.

Tar heel - thanks so much for that info! We've never been to DisneyWorld before so I'm trying to plan ahead as much as possible. That makes it so much easier for my two teen sons!

My boys (8 & 13) don't mind sleeping together, but they are very restless sleepers and neither gets a good night sleep when they are together. We will be staying at the WL for 7 nights and was wondering (if we are unable to get a bunk bed room) if there is enough room on the floor for a single sized Aero bed since I don't think you can rent cots there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter