Teens in your room sharing bed?

Growing up , my sis and I always shared a bed on vaca. My niece and nephew also share. If a brother and sister share a bed, just what exactly do you think is going to happen? Nothing, I should hope! Maybe it's a cultural thing. I am half Cuban and was raised pretty much "you get what you get". We even at times shared a bedroom -practically a crime in this country. Complaining (especially on a vacation) was not an option.

If they really don't want to sleep together, maybe one could sleep with dad and one can sleep with mom.

susy - We just returned from a trip to Niagara Falls and DH and I each slept with one of the boys. We were the ones hanging off the side of the bed and not getting a good nights sleep. My SD (8) has a twin bed, so I don't think that a single sized Aerobed would be a problem. The problem is he likes to sleep tight against you so it doesn't matter if it's a full sized bed or a king, there is never enough room. My other DS (13) is the same way, he takes up what ever room there is and doesn't stay on his side of the bed. Two nights in Canada wasn't too bad, but 7 nights in WDW after a long day at the parks is SCARY! :D

When my two boys were 5 and 8, we did the Red Boat cruise and stayed at PO. My husband and I each ended up sharing beds with the kids because they kept kicking each other and not sleeping. The bunkbeds on the cruise were great. Every vacation since, I've stayed at Dixie and always used the trundle beds. It worked out great. This time I got a great discount at the CR, and the 12 yr old will use the daybed.
Right now I'm trying to find a hotel near the airport that has 3 beds and is reasonable for the night before we check into the CR. Three beds is a priority for me, as they're 12 and 15 now.

The day beds in the CR are great. We have a DD and a DS so sharing a bed doesn't work for them anymore (they did when younger, then 4 DD found out how to get her brother to "hit the high notes"). Often when traveling I will sleep with DD and DH will with DS. DS slept on the day bed and was very comfortable. I had planned on DD sleeping on it but they worked it out on their own after arguing about in a little bit (both wanted the big bed). CR really isn't my style but the day bed puts it way up on my list of resorts.

We have a boy and a girl, so sleeping together isn't an option. I pack a twin air mattress and this keeps everyone happy.

in the same room together for our annual summer trips: myself, DH and three sons. (now ages 21,19,15). Like the other posters, it has always been such fun, especially since the 2 older ones are away at college during the school year. They are all big boys, football players, but we all seem to manage. (I think from being away at college the older ones will sleep anywhere.) We have always gotten a room that sleeps 5, but they take the mattress off of the daybed and put it on the floor for more room (the daybeds are short). We also pile up bedspreads for a third "bed" and then they alternate through the stay. We have never had an experience with them "fighting" when at WDW. I think they appreciate being there too much.
This year we're bringing along a girlfriend, and we're finally getting 2 rooms. I hope they are connecting. I've requested them to be such at the Dolphin. We like to "share the magic".

My family always fits into one room.. its me (16) & my mom in one bed and my dad and little bro (11) in the other... it has always seemed to work out fine!

Aero beds are perfect sizes for the hotel rooms.

Those air matresses were life savers, and the teens get their own space...worked out great for us! :D

I wish I would have thought of an inflatable mattress for my teen sons. Since we had a car, I could have gone to Wal Mart to get one. Normally we stay at OKW in 2 bedroom so they each can have their own bed, but since we did the 4 day DCL that wasn't an option for us. So after the cruise we spent 7 days @ CBR and every night my two would fight in the bed and then one would end up sleeping on the floor. Having to deal with that every night along with all the rain doesn't make for a fun time in the room. I had told them that they could split the cost of a roll away so they could each have a bed, but they didn't want to waste their money on that. So one usually ended up on the floor sleeping. Overall, we had a great time, but I think everyone is glad to be home in their own bed including me.

I am looking forward to just me and DH trip in Oct and leaving the boys back in college.

My DS and DD are teens now but have shared the "other" bed on vacation since they were small. They never fought about the arrangement, they were just happy to be on vacation. It isn't a big deal for them.

disney humbug...

the brand name "aero" bed has an electrical pump attached directly to the bed....very easy to pump up and "release" the air......

we have an auction house (actually a warehouse store that gets dept store "over runs" etc) that sells the queen size for 10$ as is

that is how i know about them...

We take turns sleeping in the the beds with each other--me, DH, DS10 & DD15.

We travel several times a year, so I guess they are used to it;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter