Tell me about SSR!!!

tinkgrl

Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein
Hi,

Going to SSR in late June!! See other post!!! Tell me that I will like SSR. We got a one bedroom. 6/20 to 6/23!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

I'll tell ya about it. I feel like the SSR cheerleader. :cheer2: I love it. It is a great resort. I've been at most of the others but as I've said before, it is becoming my favorite.

I love the view from the Congress park buildings. At night the boats go by and all of the lights are just beautiful. The quiet pool is on the water and has a hot tub. It is sooo nice to sit there and watch all of the happenings at PI. The theme pool is great too. There are lost of fountians and beautiful landscaping.

I also like AP. They have more upscale choices of food. DTD is also a 5-10 min. walk. Lots of food choices there too. If you don't have a car you can just walk over to DTD and get to any resort for dinner by bus also.

It has a spa and a golf course which is unique to DVC.

The whole place has an upscale feel but not stuffy. It isn't near the parks are, but that is what makes us relax. My kids loved it too. It has the best of both worlds, very adult and kid friendly too.

conciergekelly said:
I'll tell ya about it. I feel like the SSR cheerleader. :cheer2: I love it. It is a great resort. I've been at most of the others but as I've said before, it is becoming my favorite.

I love the view from the Congress park buildings. At night the boats go by and all of the lights are just beautiful. The quiet pool is on the water and has a hot tub. It is sooo nice to sit there and watch all of the happenings at PI. The theme pool is great too. There are lost of fountians and beautiful landscaping.

I also like AP. They have more upscale choices of food. DTD is also a 5-10 min. walk. Lots of food choices there too. If you don't have a car you can just walk over to DTD and get to any resort for dinner by bus also.

It has a spa and a golf course which is unique to DVC.

The whole place has an upscale feel but not stuffy. It isn't near the parks are, but that is what makes us relax. My kids loved it too. It has the best of both worlds, very adult and kid friendly too.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
We could start our own squad! The Saratoga Springs cheerleaders!!
RA RA RA!!

Excuse me -- I thought we were counting on the epidemic of "I hate SSR" reports to make it that much easier to book at SSR for those "hard to get" DVC times.

Please -- as my sig says, there really is nothing worth seeing at SSR. Have you considered all that OKW, BCV, BWV and VWL have to offer? :confused3 Tons of construction at SSR. The pool is very tiny -- about the size of a child's inflatable pool going by some of the reports. Artist's Palette -- serves nothing but undercooked hamburger and chicken, or so I heard. :sick: Those fireworks at midnight -- just a bother really. Sure I once said it was only a 5 minute walk to DTD -- but do you really want to be that close to a place where you can spend so much money? And well -- it is so far away from "the magic." :wizard:

Just keep moving along. :rolleyes1

RoyalCanadian said:
Excuse me -- I thought we were counting on the epidemic of "I hate SSR" reports to make it that much easier to book at SSR for those "hard to get" DVC times.

Please -- as my sig says, there really is nothing worth seeing at SSR. Have you considered all that OKW, BCV, BWV and VWL have to offer? :confused3 Tons of construction at SSR. The pool is very tiny -- about the size of a child's <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=inflatable%20pool" onmouseover="window.status='inflatable pool'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">inflatable pool</a> going by some of the reports. Artist's Palette -- serves nothing but undercooked hamburger and chicken, or so I heard. :sick: Those fireworks at midnight -- just a bother really. Sure I once said it was only a 5 minute walk to DTD -- but do you really want to be that close to a place where you can spend so much money? And well -- it is so far away from "the magic." :wizard:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You're right, I forgot!
Saratoga Stinks is it's new name instead of Saratoga Springs

But, it's Allison, and we like her, so we'll be nice instead of fresh (
but just this once :rotfl: )

SSR has a zero entry pool too! (but don't tell anyone we told you that!) ;)

RoyalCanadian said:

Please -- as my sig says, there really is nothing worth seeing at SSR. Have you considered all that OKW, BCV, BWV and VWL have to offer? :confused3 Tons of construction at SSR. The pool is very tiny -- about the size of a child's inflatable pool going by some of the reports. Artist's Palette -- serves nothing but undercooked hamburger and chicken, or so I heard. :sick: Those fireworks at midnight -- just a bother really. Sure I once said it was only a 5 minute walk to DTD -- but do you really want to be that close to a place where you can spend so much money? And well -- it is so far away from "the magic." :wizard:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

wtpclc said:
SSR has a zero entry pool too! (but don't tell anyone we told you that!) ;)

Hi,

That's right I forgot! I can actually go swimming. I'm in a wheelchair! I won't tell anyone. :confused3 :confused3 ;)

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

athenna said:
But, it's Allison, and we like her, so we'll be nice instead of fresh (
but just this once :rotfl: )

Hi,

That's sweet of you to say!!! :blush: :blush:

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

I was hoping that would be of use to you!! Hope you have a wonderful time! :wizard:

Something I noted when we took the boat from OKW to DTD was that it was wheelchair accessible. (just an FYI) Its a nice little ride for a change of pace.

I can't wait to hear how your trip and your interview go! I am so jealous as we wont be going to SSR until December!

Have fun :wizard:

RoyalCanadian said:

I guess I need to turn in my pom poms! :cheer2:

I simply love it when Allison posts *swoon* Johnny Depp on a stick please :mickeybar

lllovell said:
I simply love it when Allison posts *swoon* Johnny Depp on a stick please :mickeybar

Hi,

I'm glad I can make your day!!!! I make mine too.

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

tinkgrl said:
Hi,

That's right I forgot! I can actually go swimming. I'm in a wheelchair! I won't tell anyone. :confused3 :confused3 ;)

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

You have obviously misunderstood what "zero entry pool" means when specifically used in regards to High Rock Springs Pool. As any of the SSR detractors will tell you -- the number of people who can enter the tiny theme pool is zero.

RoyalCanadian said:
You have obviously misunderstood what "zero entry pool" means when specifically used in regards to High Rock Springs Pool. As any of the SSR detractors will tell you -- the number of people who can enter the tiny theme pool is zero.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I always look forward to your posts, RC, they crack me up!

Hmmm -- glad someone likes my sarcasm. I've been otherwise hung, drawn and quartered for some of my posts -- namely the "air conditioned villa balcony" posts. :umbrella:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter