Tell me about SSR!!!

RoyalCanadian said:
Hmmm -- glad someone likes my sarcasm. I've been otherwise hung, drawn and quartered for some of my posts -- namely the "air conditioned villa balcony" posts. :umbrella:

I, for one, rather enjoy your sarcasm. :)
Hmm, I don't think I remember the ''air conditioned villa balcony'' post, but I may have to look for it now, as I am chuckling already. Gotta love a balcony w/built in A.C. :rotfl:

Like they say; it's the best kept secret. Let's make everyone believe SSR is substandard so it's all ours!!.....shhhh!!!!

H.Richburg said:
Like they say; it's the best kept secret. Let's make everyone believe SSR is substandard so it's all ours!!.....shhhh!!!!

Like I said in another post a couple of days ago, the new name as far as I am concerned is Saratoga Stinks! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

tinkgrl said:
Hi,

That's right I forgot! I can actually go swimming. I'm in a wheelchair! I won't tell anyone. :confused3 :confused3 ;)

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison
Actually, the feature pool is a zero entry pool, but it is only a little over 3 feet deep at the deepest point. So, if you use a wheelchair, don't plan on doing anything other than wheeling into the pool.
It is very nice pool, but I couldn't figure out any way for my DD (who use a wheeelchair) to actually do anything other than sit in it.

athenna said:
Like I said in another post a couple of days ago, the new name as far as I am concerned is Saratoga Stinks! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just have to post this and then I will join the Saratoga Stinks cheerleaders. :cheer2: :cheer2:
DH and I just returned from a quick trip without the kids and stayed at CSR our favorite moderate. We have our trip in August planned with the kids for our first trip home to SSR with the first 3 days at BCV to experience SAB. DH and I bought into DVC in September and couldn't wait to hop over to see the progess at SSR since then. Well after spending time at the Boardwalk and the Beachclub I personally feel we will enjoy our SSR stay more than BCV. It's a beautiful resort but I love the relaxing feel of strolling aroung SSR and after a hectic day at the parks I just know I'll be the happiest at my new SSR home. That being said.............SARATOGA STINKS!!!!

magicmommy said:
I just have to post this and then I will join the Saratoga Stinks cheerleaders. :cheer2: :cheer2:
DH and I just returned from a quick trip without the kids and stayed at CSR our favorite moderate. We have our trip in August planned with the kids for our first trip home to SSR with the first 3 days at BCV to experience SAB. DH and I bought into DVC in September and couldn't wait to hop over to see the progess at SSR since then. Well after spending time at the Boardwalk and the Beachclub I personally feel we will enjoy our SSR stay more than BCV. It's a beautiful resort but I love the relaxing feel of strolling aroung SSR and after a hectic day at the parks I just know I'll be the happiest at my new SSR home. That being said.............SARATOGA STINKS!!!!

:cool1: :cool1: wOO HOO Magicmommy!!! We're proud to have you join the club! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I agree!

Saratoga Stinks,

Please do not stay in Congress Park. Please do not enjoy a view of DD. The pool is too small. The walks are to long. There are no restaurants with in a 15 mile drive at least! And the CM's at the front desk have messy hair and smell of moth balls.

Please take my advice and stay elsewhere.

P.S. Did I mention the the sharks with laser beams on their heads?

durango kid said:
I agree!

Saratoga Stinks,

Please do not stay in Congress Park. Please do not enjoy a view of DD. The pool is too small. The walks are to long. There are no restaurants with in a 15 mile drive at least! And the CM's at the front desk have messy hair and smell of moth balls.

Please take my advice and stay elsewhere.

P.S. Did I mention the the sharks with laser beams on their heads?

The place is too big
The place is too quiet
Horses, why in the World would anyone want to go to a resort w/a horse racing theme??
The're is no fancy restaurant.
Please don't go there!

While were on the subject,

You should probably avoid the whole Disney World thing too!

I'm hearing good things about Dollywood, though. I wonder if they have a discussion board? Hmmm...

durango kid said:
While were on the subject,

You should probably avoid the whole Disney World thing too!

I'm hearing good things about Dollywood, though. I wonder if they have a discussion board? Hmmm...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Dollywood, that's a good one!

Oh please can I join the Saratoga Stinks club???

Recently I've stayed at the Grand Floridian; Lagoon View, Polynesian; Garden View and the Boardwalk Villas; Boardwalk View. After reading all the negativity on here I KNEW I was going to despise Saratoga Springs.

Lucky me, I hated it more then I ever thought I would.

• I HATED the dedicated bus transportation - I would MUCH rather share my bus with 2 or 3 other resorts.
• I HATED the quietness of the resort - how can I relax when things are SO quiet?!?
• I HATED being at WDW without it being 'in your face' - doesn't everyone want to listen to IASW 24 hours when they are in the world?
• I HATED having the pool all to myself, watching fireworks from the hot tub every night - that was terrible, I was so relaxed going back to my room afterwards
• I HATED the 7 minute walk from my room to the Marketplace - it's WAAAAY to short of a walk!
• I HATED the gorgeous room furnishings - I much prefer the tacky...errr...I mean colorful furnishings of the value resorts
• I HATED being able to jump on a bus from the Marketplace to any other resort - I would much rather go to a park first and wait for that resort bus (with any luck it will do what the BW bus does - stop at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club AND Beach Club before it gets to the Boardwalk)
• I HATED being so close to PI - I would much prefer looking like a drunken fool on the Disney bus.

I can honestly say that of all the recent resorts I've stayed at, I hated SSR the most. I hated it so much that I have to go back to make certain I hated it enough to never, ever stay there again! :teeth:

madonna31 said:
Oh please can I join the Saratoga Stinks club???

Recently I've stayed at the Grand Floridian; Lagoon View, Polynesian; Garden View and the Boardwalk Villas; Boardwalk View. After reading all the negativity on here I KNEW I was going to despise Saratoga Springs.

Lucky me, I hated it more then I ever thought I would.

• I HATED the dedicated bus transportation - I would MUCH rather share my bus with 2 or 3 other resorts.
• I HATED the quietness of the resort - how can I relax when things are SO quiet?!?
• I HATED being at WDW without it being 'in your face' - doesn't everyone want to listen to IASW 24 hours when they are in the world?
• I HATED having the pool all to myself, watching fireworks from the hot tub every night - that was terrible, I was so relaxed going back to my room afterwards
• I HATED the 7 minute walk from my room to the Marketplace - it's WAAAAY to short of a walk!
• I HATED the gorgeous room furnishings - I much prefer the tacky...errr...I mean colorful furnishings of the value resorts
• I HATED being able to jump on a bus from the Marketplace to any other resort - I would much rather go to a park first and wait for that resort bus (with any luck it will do what the BW bus does - stop at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club AND Beach Club before it gets to the Boardwalk)
• I HATED being so close to PI - I would much prefer looking like a drunken fool on the Disney bus.

I can honestly say that of all the recent resorts I've stayed at, I hated SSR the most. I hated it so much that I have to go back to make certain I hated it enough to never, ever stay there again! :teeth:

Madonna31, you rock!!! :cheer2:
Keep these creative posts up, and I'll lose my status as head Saratoga stinks cheerleader :rotfl:
I got a couple to add to the list:
I HATED having a food court that did not have a million people running around it and families in front of me taking an hour to decide what to eat. Gee, take your time, people I'm on vacation ;)
I HATED being close enough to go to DTD to just go grab something I remembered I was supposed to get before I left. I'd much rather wait for a bus to take me there, risk missing my trip back to the airport. I didn't really wanna come back to Boston anyway :rotfl:

...since were adding...

I HATED the landscaping of SSR - I would MUCH rather be eaten alive by mosquito's every night at dusk like I was at the Wilderness Lodge.

You know what I hate?
I hate watching the boats and the lights from DTD from my balcony! It is very stressful!
I really hate the Turf club! It is a drag!!
I really, really hate the fountians and landscaping!!! It is really ugly!
And that darn quiet pool! It is so..... QUIET!
Don't go there! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter