Tell me about The Boardwalk Villas...

we're staying at BWV for first time the first week of May. We've booked a HA room - and were lucky to get the last one available. Fingers crossed for a nice view!

What category did you book? Here's the view from the 3rd floor HA w/roll in shower - pool/garden view. I believe the floor above this and possibly the floor below are also roll-in shower:

p2124342425-4.jpg

Or the Boardwalk view HA w/roll in shower which is on the second floor (same level as the lobby). This is the only accessible boardwalk view:

p81593414-4.jpg

We have not stayed in the standard view HA.

What category did you book? Here's the view from the 3rd floor HA w/roll in shower - pool/garden view. I believe the floor above this and possibly the floor below are also roll-in shower:

p2124342425-4.jpg

Or the Boardwalk view HA w/roll in shower which is on the second floor (same level as the lobby). This is the only accessible boardwalk view:

p81593414-4.jpg

We have not stayed in the standard view HA.

We have a garden or pool view. I didn't have the points for a boardwalk view. My biggest reason for wanting to be at the beach club is for the pool. I am not a big fan of the circus theme. I am sure I will be ok and I can always go to the quiet pool.

BWV is our home. We love it. Easy walk to Epcot to studios. Belvue lounge s nice for a drink.it has outside tables great for people watching.
Nice walk to Swalphin if you want other food choices.
I recommend blue zoo and Shula.
F you have little ones look into Camp dolphin. They will watch the kids while you have a grown up meal.
Two hours are free. (Tips welcome) and they are fantastic. No issue leaving kids there.
And if you are over the two hours it is very reasonable for extra time.

The community hall is also very nice.
We spent many years mocking for spots by the clown pool.
Now we set up at the quiet pool and stroll to main pool if we want to do the slide.

May sound odd but ..
Walk across the street to gas station if you want beer sodas water or snack for the rroom/pool.

We have a garden or pool view. I didn't have the points for a boardwalk view. My biggest reason for wanting to be at the beach club is for the pool. I am not a big fan of the circus theme. I am sure I will be ok and I can always go to the quiet pool.

Are you sure you don't have a standard view? I ask because BW view and P/G view cost exactly the same number of points. When BWV first opened they were in the same booking category (Preferred View) and BW view was simply a request. After a number of years (and many irate guests whose request wasn't granted) they divided them into two booking categories, but they didn't adjust the points charts.

If you booked on cash, the booking categories are different.

As mentioned the pool/garden view is the exact same number of points as the boardwalk view although booking HA rooms means you have less options because there are so few. If standard view you will face towards the front of the BWV and the porte cochere. We rarely go to the main pool there unless we want to use the slide so use the quiet pool but we actually do the same at BCV.

As to a 1BR standard, your desire should be to avoid close to elevator or lobby because you can get some noise there with loading and unloading of luggage carts going on right below you in the front entrance area. As to "long walks" from room to lobby if room is near the end of the hall, it is not really bad, e.g., I also own at AKV where the walk from end room to the lobby on the Kidani north wing is three times longer than the longest walk at BWV.

So you are recommending that I should request high floor away from elevator/lobby?

Are you sure you don't have a standard view? I ask because BW view and P/G view cost exactly the same number of points. When BWV first opened they were in the same booking category (Preferred View) and BW view was simply a request. After a number of years (and many irate guests whose request wasn't granted) they divided them into two booking categories, but they didn't adjust the points charts.

If you booked on cash, the booking categories are different.

It says garden or pool- I don't know why I didn't get boardwalk- it is the same points! I must have missed something or maybe it wasn't available.

BW Views go first - limited number. Standards also get snapped up quickly because they are a good value. Everything else is garden/pool, and that is a lot of rooms and a variety of views. Aside from the airline check in there are no really 'bad' views. You may get a tree blocking the view but in the summer, it makes the balcony cooler.

The walk can be long at BW, but so is the walk at Jambo, the walk from GF to the main lobby, the walk to Olivia's at OKW, the walk to the gym at BLT. Walking is just par for the course, and if you get a super-short walk you're lucky. I say this as someone who was in 4136 at BWV...last room, top floor, closest to HS, farthest from the lobby.

It says garden or pool- I don't know why I didn't get boardwalk- it is the same points! I must have missed something or maybe it wasn't available.

Probably wasn't available. With only 1 HA studio and 1 HA 1br in the Boardwalk view they don't last long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter