Tell me the "weather" where you live.

We got smacked yesterday into this morning. We got about 5" total and as soon as the snow stopped, the wind picked up. From about noon on the wind was constant at 25mph and gusting to 40mph. Also, the bottom fell out of the temp. I-70 was closed yesterday from Hays, KS to the Colorado border...that's way further east than a normal big storm.

The temp is going to keep trending down into the single digits at the end of the week. Along with more snow predicted Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon.

images.jpeg

Lots of rain, last I checked it was about 3"-3.5" of rain at multiple official monitoring stations around me, but the winds never seemed to get that bad at least from my point of view at the house.

No trees down, and I will check the RV in a little bit to make sure nothing dropped on the roof. Sadly I lost two covers for the awning in fall and the back ordered replacements arrived just before the storm. GD said it should not be an issue, but let it dry out before putting the new one on there.

Temps are about to drop but I expect it will dry up before freezing up.

We had about 8 1/2 inches of the white stuff yesterday. Thank goodness for skid steers to clean driveways. Schools closed yesterday, and late start today. Round #2 comes in tomorrow with another big blast. Glad we just got back from our magical place last week. Stay safe everyone, 2024 is starting rough in the upper Midwest.

Glad you didn't get the wind. Further south looks to be a mess. Friends that went full timing a few years ago, live in a campground in NC on the coast and they lost power and the campground lost some fencing, but they are fine.

We are dropping into the deep freeze on Friday. It is January and we normally have already had at least one of these cold spells, but for people that think St Louis doesn't get very cold. Looks like we are staying well below freezing for at least a week once this front moves through on Friday afternoon. And snow below 0 is always fun. It is so powdery and there is usually a nice wind to keep it air born for a while.

1704903177647.png

j

Glad you didn't get the wind. Further south looks to be a mess. Friends that went full timing a few years ago, live in a campground in NC on the coast and they lost power and the campground lost some fencing, but they are fine.

We are dropping into the deep freeze on Friday. It is January and we normally have already had at least one of these cold spells, but for people that think St Louis doesn't get very cold. Looks like we are staying well below freezing for at least a week once this front moves through on Friday afternoon. And snow below 0 is always fun. It is so powdery and there is usually a nice wind to keep it air born for a while.

View attachment 824679

j
Your weather looks awful. Today was another smowmagedon with over 8” and wind. Schools cancelled. We are ready for Spring! Did you get this huge system today as well?

We are ready for Spring! Did you get this huge system today as well?
I'm definitely ready for Spring. We just missed the white stuff again. Central MO got some, but we were right on the fringe. It was raining and mid-40s this morning when I went to work. 21 this afternoon when I got home, but the precip cut off before the cold came in, so nothing but rain for us.

j

18 degrees now. We got about 2 inches of snow last night and they say 4-6 inches more today.

It’s Monday at around 11:45am. Currently 16 degrees and a high of 20 today. We have approximately 24” of snow. Higher in drifts. There was no snow at all on Saturday morning. Was out 4 or 5 times this weekend to snow blow the driveway. Makes sense why they postponed the Bills-Steelers game yesterday: then, I couldn’t even see the houses across the street, it was so windy and snowy out.

I think we hit 3 degrees yesterday. The car said -6 most of the way to work this morning, but I think we are going all the way up 10 today.

j

Monday was 14 and we got a total of 6 inches of snow.
Woke up to 9 degrees today.
We have 6 chickens living in a makeshift pen in the garage. They were squawking to get out. Opened the garage door and they went running back in the pen. No complaints since.

I bet that was pretty funny to watch, Denise. Did you look at them and say; "Told you so"?

Started this morning below 0 again, but only -1 this time. The 1 inch of snow overnight was fun. The elevated bridges were glazed over and the uninitiated got a lesson in playing tag with the concrete wall.

j

We are at 16F currently. Ice is on the grass/mulch areas but not much of the pavement (although my screened porch step (brick and mortar) has some.

Light snow flakes floating in the air.

Yesterday we got around 5" of snow. Today is a high of 32 and a low tonight in the 10s. School is out, but took some time this morning to plow the driveway before the melt and refreeze. See if they call it for school tomorrow, guess it will depend on the refreeze.

Got our first real snow (6 inches) in 2 years, kids are thrilled. Schools called off today. Youngest was upset yesterday when he woke up because we were told it was going to snow but was only a dusting. When he woke up this morning and saw the snow he was thrilled. He’s been waiting to play in the snow for 2 years poor guy lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter