TFW Meet 2008 The Mission: Wiener Salad & Margaritas - Trip Report Links on Page 1

Mel and all, I just had a horrible thought...... do you think it's possible Biergarten wouldn't keep us together in full tables of 8? I mean, what if they decide to break us up into parties of like 4 at a time and separate all over the place???? That's not likely, is it?! :eek:

Yes, I am totally anxiety-ridden today, so bear with me, k? All will be better when I've got a couple projects completed... :rolleyes:

Perhaps somebody should show up early when they open for dinner and speak with the manager or whoever and explain about the size of our group and that we would all like to be seated together. That way they know ahead of time that we are coming and maybe they can work something out for us.

Guess since we started a new thread we should all do our intro's again?

I'm Janet. Our travelining party consists of me, DH Jim, DS Jimmy (4), DNephew ANdrew (14) and making cameo appearances will be my DMom and DDad. Fabulous grandparents who spoil their youngest grandson terribly and CAst Members extrodinaire!

Our travel dates are August 19th - 29th. We are not partaking of free dining on the secnd half of our trip, becasue the CM discounts work out better for us:thumbsup2 Becasue of some cautionary posts some one of our fabulous moderators here at the Dis, that is all I post regarding our itinerary.;)

Looking forward to meeting all these fabulous Disers. Weiner Salad and I take or leave (mostly likely leave;) ) I am going so I can meet some fabulous people -- all of which are required to put up 24 cents each to purchase me a drink:lmao:

Perhaps somebody should show up early when they open for dinner and speak with the manager or whoever and explain about the size of our group and that we would all like to be seated together. That way they know ahead of time that we are coming and maybe they can work something out for us.

That's a good idea Lessa, Jo maybe since the ressies are all in her name:confused3

How about if we all meet around 20 minutes before (Apparently we need to tall V 45 minutes before;) ) and this way if we are all there together they wil try harder to seat us all together.

Maybe we could meet by the trains or something:confused3

That's a good idea Lessa, Jo maybe since the ressies are all in her name:confused3

How about if we all meet around 20 minutes before (Apparently we need to tall V 45 minutes before;) ) and this way if we are all there together they wil try harder to seat us all together.

Maybe we could meet by the trains or something:confused3

Heck, somebody may even want to go over there when they open at lunch time and give the manager a heads up about our group descending upon them for dinner, that way they have several hours notice vs. an hour. My brothers both work in restaurants and I know that these places appreciate advance notice for these types of situations so that they can plan out in advance where to seat the big groups. I know we have ADR's but they may not realize how big our group actually is since it is broken up into three different ADR's.

Heck, somebody may even want to go over there when they open at lunch time and give the manager a heads up about our group descending upon them for dinner, that way they have several hours notice vs. an hour. My brothers both work in restaurants and I know that these places appreciate advance notice for these types of situations so that they can plan out in advance where to seat the big groups. I know we have ADR's but they may not realize how big our group actually is since it is broken up into three different ADR's.

My plan is to be in EPCOT all day anyway so I can do that if that is what everyone agrees too

:That's my fault Marisa - I swear, any time a thread gets into the 200+ pages range, my computer comes to a grinding halt when I open it, so i suggested maybe we should go ahead and start a new one before 250. Same thing happened with the TFW thread and jordonyosh's part one TR. But now I'm wondering if it's just me???? :confused:
Errr... I think it might be you, V. :guilty:
Oh, and my dates are wrong on page one.
It's Aug 22-25th.
Thanks! :thumbsup2
Oops, I'll fix it. Anyone else see anything missing or incorrect?? :confused3
Mel and all, I just had a horrible thought...... do you think it's possible Biergarten wouldn't keep us together in full tables of 8? I mean, what if they decide to break us up into parties of like 4 at a time and separate all over the place???? That's not likely, is it?! :eek:
I doubt it. I think when they see the party of 50 they will put us all together. They figure we're going to jump around tables if they don't. :rolleyes:
Way to throw V under the bus T:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:
:teeth:
Guess since we started a new thread we should all do our intro's again?
And I nominate you to do that, Janet! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Did I miss the bread crumb trail?:confused3 I'm glad I found the new and improved :goodvibes
Sorry, didn't realize it was going to be sent over to the Finished TR's so quickly, I'm going to send out a PM to everyone on page 1.

Great idea! :thumbsup2 Any volunteers?
My plan is to be in EPCOT all day anyway so I can do that if that is what everyone agrees too
Thanks, Janet! :goodvibes

Ah yes. The wiener salad. Or is it weiner. Were we ever clear on that? I before E...:confused3
I copied this from Anabel's hot dog blog...

The correct spelling is WIENER for the capital of Austria which is Wien or Vienna in English.

How can you do a PowerPoint presentation on something you SMELL???:confused3
Wait... funny story. So most everyone knows how strong my sense of smell is on here, right? Well so do most of my classmates. Apparently there was a bet going around that I would choose Halitosis as my project. So when our instructor made us announce out loud what our subject was, everyone started laughing and hi-fiving eachother when I announced, "HALITOSIS!" :sad2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

FYI I offered myself up to be a moderator! We'll see if I get it! :)

So intros again huh? Good Idea!

It's just me, Kat, going. I will be rooming with Z (lurrvtheduck) and no we have never met before! My DH has had his fill of Disney for the time being (GASP, I KNOW!). He will be going on his on vaca to Miami while we are in WDW and meeting up with me after the trip, for a few non Disney days, in Orlando.

Dates are Aug 21-25. POR. No DDP.

For one of the meets I am working on for september we had to call the restaurant directly to book a large group so they'd be aware we are together... they said the system would be noted that the ADR's are to be together... I wonder if Jo had them do that when she made the ressie if not you guys may want to call em and ask them to do that ... It might help so you don't get separated...

I did too... we'll see I guess... Either way I'm still a TR and PTR boards girl hehe... I go to the others.. but not as often hehe

Thanks for the PM T!

What was that about a Waldo raffle, what did I miss, cause if you are raffling off the cutie I want in! I expect to chicken dance with him at wieniefest!

Oh and what can I say about the topiary pics,:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I will never look at those things the same again:rotfl2:

I'm still confused about my ADR's I really think I have too many and would be better off with more CS's with Kelly, but then with free dining will I be better off keeping the ADR's:confused:

And what's wrong with Neil.:confused3 Just watched the Jazz Singer the other day when I was home sick.

Thanks T for the PM I would have been so confused and posting all alone on the other board. I guess not since it is locked now.

I am Margie while I will miss the wiener salad I am getting in on the Tue MK meet and hopefully be to POP in enough time to meet some of you at the pool.

My group consists of me, dd (Nana) 17, dd's bff (Not Nana) 17, and ds (Bug) 4. We will be arriving on Sunday and staying at POP from 24 - 30. I read the threads a lot but my posting is sporadic. I have several threads I read on a regular basis and have never posted to. I think of myself as the weird lady that lives across the street who looks out the window all day.
My dd just confirmed I am the weird lady.:lmao:
I am going to come out of lurking this summer and meet as many of you as I can.

Thanks T for the PM I would have been so confused and posting all alone on the other board. I guess not since it is locked now.

I am Margie while I will miss the wiener salad I am getting in on the Tue MK meet and hopefully be to POP in enough time to meet some of you at the pool.

My group consists of me, dd (Nana) 17, dd's bff (Not Nana) 17, and ds (Bug) 4. We will be arriving on Sunday and staying at POP from 24 - 30. I read the threads a lot but my posting is sporadic. I have several threads I read on a regular basis and have never posted to. I think of myself as the weird lady that lives across the street who looks out the window all day.
My dd just confirmed I am the weird lady.:lmao:
I am going to come out of lurking this summer and meet as many of you as I can.

My niece and I will be at the MK meet too!

Oh yeah volunteer me :rolleyes1 ;) :rotfl2:

Well if you insist :rotfl2: Thanks :hug:

Wait... funny story. So most everyone knows how strong my sense of smell is on here, right? Well so do most of my classmates. Apparently there was a bet going around that I would choose Halitosis as my project. So when our instructor made us announce out loud what our subject was, everyone started laughing and hi-fiving eachother when I announced, "HALITOSIS!" :sad2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:rotfl2:

Good luck Kat, I think you'd be great!

I did too... we'll see I guess... Either way I'm still a TR and PTR boards girl hehe... I go to the others.. but not as often hehe
Good luck to you too :thumbsup2

I wonder if Jo had them do that when she made the ressie if not you guys may want to call em and ask them to do that ... It might help so you don't get separated...
I had to phone a different number to book such a large party, I asked for them to be linked!!!!

Thanks for the link T!!

I'm still here and following along :banana:

I had to phone a different number to book such a large party, I asked for them to be linked!!!!
I knew you were a wise woman :thumbsup2 I didn't even know that # for larger parties existed till I had to make 2 large ressies... one though they said I had to call the Restaurant directly...

Question:
Jo, I have an ADR for Beirgarten (430 pm) for DH and I. Do you still want us to sit with you? And does that mean that we are "on" your ressie? Or should we keep our 430 pm one? Just wondering....

---------------------------------------------

Ok, and here's my intro:
I'm Mel. I am attending Fockerfest from Aug 22-25th. It's my DH and I and NO KIDS! Don't feel bad for them them though. They're going in June and December!
Can't wait to meet you all.
We will be at Tambu, Beirgarten and the PoP Pool Meet.

Hope I meet everyone...............Especially Lessa's Bros and Waldo!

MEL:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter